ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

COLLEGE OPENER: CALIFORNIA vers.HAWAII, Game thread & contest, too

Big time college football is back with a very interesting game to kick the season off with. Two rather unpredictable teams we have here--considering the point spread-- making this opener at least quite tantalizing, at least.
    75,000 fans expected and live TV & video-streaming, Friday night at 10 pm, est.

How can we go wrong for late Friday night entertainment? Well, I know one major way; picking the loser of this game, and so far, ABE is looking much like that loser. But, wait; the game hasn't started yet, so maybe, just maybe, the odds will shift about an hour or two before kickoff and make me feel like a genius again, like jump to -21 or-22. You old sport's bettors know that pre-game feeling.
    Well, if it does move upward, at least temporarily, I will feel like one. But the proof is in the pudding, so we will have wait and see if the Cal. Bears can do some real mauling of those sissy Rainbows.

*1..The contest: 10 points to the member guessing the first half point-spread the closest.
    2. 10 points to the closest winning final score. The point-spread will count a 1/2 point more than the total with this final score contest.
    Example: B. 33/14 verses C. 45/29. The spread will be considered a more important pick, so if the winning spread is 18 and the total hits on 74, C wins by a 1/2 point. You also need to pick the winning team in this contest.

Don't forget to make your plays before kickoff. And don't look for ABE to post but very little on this thread--a favor for many members--for I have a busy day planned but I do expect to be available and ready to do battle when the this game kicks at 10 est.
    Last edited by ABEHONEST; 08-26-16 at 10:29 AM.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears will light up the board tonight. Life after Goff proven.

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 930

1st hf cal 24-7
    game cal 38-17
    Points Awarded:

ABEHONEST gave pokerpro44 20 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47622

I'll probably take the over. Both teams have suspect defenses and Hawaii has 9 returning starters on offense including the QB. Cal has a new QB but he is transfer Davis Webb, who previously started at Texas Tech and has plenty of experience.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24811

Not sure this is an angle, but might be worth noting. ANZ Stadium hosts rugby/AFL matches.

When the NFL plays in England on the soccer surfaces, the big bodies tear up the grass. The cut is not the same to hold 200-lbers vs 300-lbers. A good bit of slipping on the soccer grass.

Just something to be aware. Maybe a slant to the Under?

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

abe i give you 10 / 10 effort/attituude

true asset to sbr

CWD
    Update your status

california 24 / california 41

EDITED b4 kickoff
    Last edited by CWD; 08-26-16 at 02:34 PM.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Not sure this is an angle, but might be worth noting. ANZ Stadium hosts rugby/AFL matches.

When the NFL plays in England on the soccer surfaces, the big bodies tear up the grass. The cut is not the same to hold 200-lbers vs 300-lbers. A good bit of slipping on the soccer grass.

Just something to be aware. Maybe a slant to the Under?
    Can work both ways, young corners out there trying to shadow a guy, slip and get burned for 6.

Think guys are trying to find angles in a game that should be a no play across the board but degens thirsty for some action.

ABEHONEST

I don't the time to babysit...so make sure--just like your hated school teacher--designate the team you want to win or look for something bad to happen to your entry.

ABEHONEST

Two shrewd winners and no balls from anywhere else.

Gee, what ball-less players we didn't hear from.
    Anyway, the two that did take the free shot win the marbles and their guess was close to being spot-on.
    * Also, not bragging, but if these ball-less one's had taken my gambling advice on another thread, they would have "cash in the pocket" today.
    And unlike JJ and many others, i rarely give my opinion on sport's gambling. Why? Because I don't want to see these young *arts lose, and the other, more important, I don't want to influence naive member's into believing sport's gambling is a money-making adventure.

In the reality world, your typical gamblers, me included, will lose not only his shirt but also his behind. Once the game starts many bad things can happen to really fk your wager's over, especially , when you think you now have those Book's by their gonads.

Oops, after double checking, this fellow, Pokerpro44, might want to quit the card game and try his hand at sport's gambling. Two very fine picks he made and had no competition.
    His picks: Half.. 24/7 and the final, 38/17.
    Now deserves a round of applause.
    Last edited by ABEHONEST; 08-27-16 at 02:59 PM.

CWD
    Update your status

abe i read 10 pages i couldnt figure out who you were on

i need the cipher can you please PM

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    abe i read 10 pages i couldnt figure out who you were on

i need the cipher can you please PM
    Go read my original thread on this game. It's sitting about 10 threads from the bottom. Of course, buying Cal-19 1/2 is much better then spotting 20.

CWD
    Update your status

of course you bought the 1/2 point

BUT i bought it both ways

looks like i one upped you brotha