thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Cousins should never play for usa ever again

Guy has no clue how to play international ball.

Worst player they used by far.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

He doesn't even know how to play NBA style.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3212

I say we go back to only playing college guys

who cares if we don't win

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13935

Maybe we should together a SBR team for the Olympics. I'm 8"4" so I can play center.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Maybe we should together a SBR team for the Olympics. I'm 8"4" so I can play center.
    Your head would be hitting the basket net. This is basketball interference.

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Your head would be hitting the basket net. This is basketball interference.
    I'll play on my knees. Won't be as quick though.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    8'4" is tall.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3244

The NBA players shouldn't be playing for Team USA period,its a cake walk everytime they compete. When was their last real competitive game.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7210

What a garbage squad.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12533

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    The NBA players shouldn't be playing for Team USA period,its a cake walk everytime they compete. When was their last real competitive game.
    They've had 4 wins by 6 pts or less

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

love it or leave it

sbr is vagina capital of internet now
    Points Awarded:

ACoochy gave CWD 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    8'4" is tall.
    Plus my doctor says I'm not done growing. I should be about "10' 7" when I'm done. I should be able to dunk by then.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    They've had 4 wins by 6 pts or less
    Are they trying that hard though,lets be frank Stealthy,they cant be giving their full effort. Most of those squads have a couple NBA stars and the rest of the rosters are filled with players that wouldn't get a sniff of an NBA roster.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It seems we were not prepared as well going in

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1673

I could be a PF on the hoops team!!.....AKA= Tyrone Shoelaces...I can grab a Quarter from the top of the backboard and leave 15 cents change !!................

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11930

Are they trying that hard though,lets be frank Stealthy,they cant be giving their full effort. Most of those squads have a couple NBA stars and the rest of the rosters are filled with players that wouldn't get a sniff of an NBA roster.
    You obviously have not watched Olympic basketball much. Most of these teams are loaded with guys that played in the NBA. These teams would dominate our college kids. Many of these teams have played together for the last decade and you think a one and done college kid can compete with grown ass men? USA has been struggling because they do not know how to move the ball around.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You obviously have not watched Olympic basketball much. Most of these teams are loaded with guys that played in the NBA. These teams would dominate our college kids. Many of these teams have played together for the last decade and you think a one and done college kid can compete with grown ass men? USA has been struggling because they do not know how to move the ball around.

Well judging by most of the rosters no they aren't loaded with NBA players,Serbia for example the team facing the US in the final has one sole player in the NBA,and the rest play in Europe.Whats wrong with having American players that play over seas,theirs more then enough to pick from.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 08-19-16 at 10:20 PM.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

team usa should beat these teams by 20 to 30 every game. like packerd said, i don't think they're giving 100%. we'll see how they play in the finals. who are we kidding? serbia doesn't have that much talent, they're playing way over their heads. i saw parts of serbia vs aussies today and it was more like aussies sucking huge dick than serbia being good.

packerd_00

They should be running Serbia out of the gym,the talent comparison isn't even funny.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

yea serbia played their best gm against the Ausies wont see that again

Mac4Lyfe

Well judging by most of the rosters no they aren't loaded with NBA players,Serbia for example the team facing the US in the final has one sole player in the NBA,and the rest play in Europe.Whats wrong with having American players that play over seas,theirs more then enough to pick from.
    Our best players are having problems with these other countries. No way in hell will our College players compete against these teams. Our college players were already getting their asses kicked against these national teams.

The United States leads all national teams with 12 NBA players on its roster. Spain has the second-most (seven), followed by Australia, Brazil and France (five). Do you really think a college team is going to compete against Spain or Australia? Don't just look at how many guys are currently on NBA rosters. Many go back to their homes for various reasons, where they can make more money often in those countries.

This is a short list of guys that were drafted in the NBA...

Australia
    Cameron Bairstow with the Chicago Bulls, Aron Baynes with theDetroit Pistons, Matthew Dellavedova with the Cleveland Cavaliers, and Dante Exum and Joe Ingles with the Utah Jazz, Andrew Bogut of the Golden State Warriors and Patty Mills of the San Antonio Spurs. Exum didn't play, neither did Ben Simmons

Brazil
    Anderson Varejão, Tiago Splitter, Leandro Barbosa,Nenê, Marcelinho Huertas, Alex Garcia, and Marquinhos Vieira.

Serbia
    Bogdan Bogdanović, Nemanja Nedović, Nikola Jokić, Milan Mačvan all were drafted in the NBA. Serbia's team is made up of older more experienced guys that have all played together as a team.

NBA players in the Olympics, by country:

- four
    - five
    - five
    - three
    - five
    - three
    - one
    - one
    - seven

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Every country can pick whoever they want...Or it should atleast all be on the same level (All countries pick 21 year olds and younger for example, not just the US)

Not the US's fault they dominate....Other countries should get better.

Pau Gasol would destroy college kids

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

There is a reason this guy has never made the playoffs.

NO BRAINS.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

usa/over E Z

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

The problem with US current squad is the players only went to college 1 year as freshmen. None graduated. Never played in tourney style games like March Madness to get experience. Luck fundamentals of moving the ball around and switching on defense. Lazy work ethic.

packerd_00

Our best players are having problems with these other countries. No way in hell will our College players compete against these teams. Our college players were already getting their asses kicked against these national teams.

The United States leads all national teams with 12 NBA players on its roster. Spain has the second-most (seven), followed by Australia, Brazil and France (five). Do you really think a college team is going to compete against Spain or Australia? Don't just look at how many guys are currently on NBA rosters. Many go back to their homes for various reasons, where they can make more money often in those countries.

This is a short list of guys that were drafted in the NBA...

Australia
    Cameron Bairstow with the Chicago Bulls, Aron Baynes with theDetroit Pistons, Matthew Dellavedova with the Cleveland Cavaliers, and Dante Exum and Joe Ingles with the Utah Jazz, Andrew Bogut of the Golden State Warriors and Patty Mills of the San Antonio Spurs. Exum didn't play, neither did Ben Simmons

Brazil
    Anderson Varejão, Tiago Splitter, Leandro Barbosa,Nenê, Marcelinho Huertas, Alex Garcia, and Marquinhos Vieira.

Serbia
    Bogdan Bogdanović, Nemanja Nedović, Nikola Jokić, Milan Mačvan all were drafted in the NBA. Serbia's team is made up of older more experienced guys that have all played together as a team.

NBA players in the Olympics, by country:

- four
    - five
    - five
    - three
    - five
    - three
    - one
    - one
    - seven

Look Mac,outside of the Gasol brothers who does Spain have in the NBA that is even noteworthy,whoever said the US should use College player,thats the thing you always seem put words in my mouth every time we debate. All I said was using NBA super stars on the US roster is childs play,theirs plenty of NBA talent from the States that isn't all star calibre but is still very capable of representing the USA.

packerd_00

By the way,most of those NBA players you listed are marginal players,the US is using NBA Supers Stars,its like comparing apples to oranges.

Mac4Lyfe

Look Mac,outside of the Gasol brothers who does Spain have in the NBA that is even noteworthy,whoever said the US should use College player,thats the thing you always seem put words in my mouth every time we debate. All I said was using NBA super stars on the US roster is childs play,theirs plenty of NBA talent from the States that isn't all star calibre but is still very capable of representing the USA.
    I really don't think so. We are fielding our best players and we are STRUGGLING against several countries. We beat Spain by 6 points, France by 3 points, and Serbia by just 3 points as well. I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. I'm saying that the US is not blowing the doors off of teams like the Dream Team did. These games are certainly not childs play. Coach K looks like he's had multiple ulcers and diarrhea watching these guys play. These guys do not know how to play international ball effectively. You put guys that aren't high level and we're going to lose.

packerd_00

I really don't think so. We are fielding our best players and we are STRUGGLING against several countries. We beat Spain by 6 points, France by 3 points, and Serbia by just 3 points as well. I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. I'm saying that the US is not blowing the doors off of teams like the Dream Team did. These games are certainly not childs play. Coach K looks like he's had multiple ulcers and diarrhea watching these guys play. These guys do not know how to play international ball effectively. You put guys that aren't high level and we're going to lose.
    Well then their is a huge problem,if a team consisting of Durant,Thompson,Irving,DeRozan etc,can just manage to scrape by teams with mostly International Club players,their should be no way in hell that happens. You can slice anyway youd like to,not having had the luxury of playing together,well that was the case with the Dream Team,and we saw what happended their. I don't think these guys are giving it their all,they would have gelled by know.

Mac4Lyfe

By the way,most of those NBA players you listed are marginal players,the US is using NBA Supers Stars,its like comparing apples to oranges.
    US has a lot of RAW, YOUNG superstars that do not understand team play. They are winning on talent alone but these games are very close against older more polished international teams. You put marginal US players against teams that have played with each other for decades and we're going to get embarrassed.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18841

Talent in the NBA is spread out among 30 teams. Let's ask the question - How many NBA teams could win a medal? need some kind of virtual reality thing on whether this year's champion would beat this Olympic team with Olympic rules?

packerd_00

US has a lot of RAW, YOUNG superstars that do not understand team play. They are winning on talent alone but these games are very close against older more polished international teams. You put marginal US players against teams that have played with each other for decades and we're going to get embarrassed.
    Talent should win out in the end,if you look at the NBA,it is the one Sport where if you have one or two really good players you can pretty much dominate in the rare instances,like Golden State.

Durant,Derozan and Thompson have been in the game long enough,they aren't raw any longer,two of them have played in the NBA Finals. Derozan has been in the league for a long time.

Your gonna tell me they cant get some half way decent American players from the NBA that can compete with the rest,or former NBA guys that went overseas and know the International game inside and out.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 08-20-16 at 12:27 PM.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    Talent in the NBA is spread out among 30 teams. Let's ask the question - How many NBA teams could win a medal? need some kind of virtual reality thing on whether this year's champion would beat this Olympic team with Olympic rules?
    Do you think alot of these NBA stars want to play in the Olympics when they could be enjoying the summer back home,I don't. A lot of them refused the invite to play

Mac4Lyfe

Well then their is a huge problem,if a team consisting of Durant,Thompson,Irving,DeRozan etc,can just manage to scrape by teams with mostly International Club players,their should be no way in hell that happens. You can slice anyway youd like to,not having had the luxury of playing together,well that was the case with the Dream Team,and we saw what happended their. I don't think these guys are giving it their all,they would have gelled by know.
    It is a Huge Problem. International play is much different than the NBA. It's much more like college bball with stupid 5 foul out rule, charges, short 3 point line, etc. NBA players are almost at a disadvantage because they are use to NBA rules. The games are not wide open like in the NBA, so teams can slow tempo, pack in the paint and dare you to shoot. We don't help ourselves with our 1 on 1 hero ball either.

The Olympics is about the best against the best. Other countries want to play against our best.

Mac4Lyfe

Do you think alot of these NBA stars want to play in the Olympics when they could be enjoying the summer back home,I don't. A lot of them refused the invite to play
    That's a tough one. I think they all want to represent their country (hell Deandre said a Gold would be more than an NBA title, idiot) but then you're putting more wear and tear on your body going into the basketball season as well. Overall, I have to think that most guys want to play because they love the game. I'm sitting on a couch right now with a severe ankle sprain from getting rolled up in a pickup game yesterday. I can barely walk but I can't wait to get back on the court.

1234 ... Last