TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    explain how they were under w. Any body that is in worse shape today than they were 10 years ago needs to look in the mirror. Stocks are higher gas is lower, Maybe they shouldn't of ran up their credit card bills or lived beyond their means. Maybe they should of worked a few more hours or delivered pizza. Today's people expect everything to be handed to them.
    Gasoline prices being under $3 a gallon and under crude oil being under $50 a barrel is a sign of how bad the economy is right now. Refineries are outsourcing work to China and other Asian countries while vessel fabricators in America are going out of business. I laid off over 60 employees last year. Every retirement account is taking losses monthly.

But hey, it's cheap to fill up at the tank.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by sheepgotwool View Post
    Fact: The Republican Party was founded primarily to oppose slavery, and Republicans eventually abolished slavery. The Democratic Party fought them and tried to maintain and expand slavery. The 13th Amendment, abolishing slavery, passed in 1865 with 100% Republicansupport but only 23% Democrat support in congress.

Don't let that ghost cape snap back and hit you in that chipmunk face of yours !
    After Johnson (D) signed the Civil Right Act into law and launched the Great Society programs, white southerners sped up what had been a slow but consistent trickle from the Deomcratic party to the Republican party that began after Roosevelt's (D) New Deal in the 30s. By the time Nixon was reelected, the South was full blown united in the Republican party.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8759

Quote Originally Posted by TxAaron View Post
    Gasoline prices being under $3 a gallon and under crude oil being under $50 a barrel is a sign of how bad the economy is right now. Refineries are outsourcing work to China and other Asian countries while vessel fabricators in America are going out of business. I laid off over 60 employees last year. Every retirement account is taking losses monthly.

What are you investing in?

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    What are you investing in?
    Oppenheimer -13.28%
    Oakmark Int Fund -14.82%
    Blackrock -11.93%
    S&P 500 1.59%

Just looking at the list we gave our employees a few months ago. Fukk that. I'll stick to real estate.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Obama being bad = good for trump

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by TxAaron View Post

I thought you were in the oil business? The gas price has nothing to do with the economy. It has to do with saudi trying to run the shale people out of business. They didn't factor in the loan rates being so cheap that a lot of said companies could stay in business as long as they did because of cheap interest rates. Just when the shale producers are going under iran came back into play and refused to limit their production. Now saudi has to pump because they are running out of money for their social services. If your 401k is doing that bad then you need to reallocate your money out of risky stocks or hire another adviser. I have had some smaller oil companies go under but marathon, shell and some ng producers have been doing fine for me. Also invested in dhy and getting nice return on that. Sorry your fortunes aren't doing as well.

chico2663

Your Total Account Return as of 07/31/20163-MonthYear-to-Date1-Year3-Year5-Year 3.70 %4.57 %2.77 %3.59 %4.24 %
    This is just one of mine and it is ran thru wells fargo

chico2663

I have 2 others doing a hell of a lot better. But i get quarterly statements thru them

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

you retirement investing guys really know how to drive a good thread into the ground

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A Pres has nothing to do with stock market returns

It is cyclical

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    A Pres has nothing to do with stock market returns

It is cyclical

You are clueless. Federal Reserve Policies dictate the market and the President is the boss of those bureaucrats.

chico2663

The devastating floods in Louisiana that have killed at least 13 and left thousands without a home or any possessions are dominating the media, and conservatives have been vocally denouncing President Obama for not ending his yearly vacation early to visit Louisiana. However, Obama’s detractors have been ignoring the fact that a presidential visit would harm, not help, the people of Louisiana.
    Governor John Bel Edwards, makes it clear that if Obama visited first and second responders will not be able to do their jobs effectively. He explains,
    It is a major ordeal, they free up the interstate for him. We have to take hundreds of local first responders, police officers, sheriffs, deputies and state troopers to provide security for that type of visit. I would just as soon have those people engaged in the response rather than trying to secure the president. So I’d ask him to wait, if he would, another couple weeks.
    If bobby jindal didn't do so well with trickle down economics than their would of been more money for the budget.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I guess it pisses me off that 4 drunk swimmers get more attention than the floods. In the same article...

Still, nothing can replace a visit from the president. The Louisiana Flood has struggled to get the attention of the national media, and Obama touring the area would -- if nothing else -- help draw more eyeballs to the area.
    Obama called the governor and the governor told him not to come now. Not sure what else Obama could have done when the Louisiana governor asks him to delay his visit.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/08/1...hasnt-visited/

Governor John Bel Edwards, makes it clear that if Obama visited first and second responders will not be able to do their jobs effectively. He explains,
    It is a major ordeal, they free up the interstate for him. We have to take hundreds of local first responders, police officers, sheriffs, deputies and state troopers to provide security for that type of visit. I would just as soon have those people engaged in the response rather than trying to secure the president. So I’d ask him to wait, if he would, another couple weeks.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post

You are clueless. Federal Reserve Policies dictate the market and the President is the boss of those bureaucrats.
    Federal reserve is its own entity

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8763

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/08/1...hasnt-visited/

you would drink poison if was made by Obama and endorsed by Occupy Democrats. For now, you stick with the koolaid

DwightShrute

Trump goes to Louisiana while Obama continues to golf on vacation. Actions speak louder than words.

Trump Visits Louisiana Flood Victims as Hillary Rests and Obama Vacations

This is the definition of leadership.

While Obama Plays Golf, Donald Trump And Mike Pence Visit Flood

Trump Goes to Louisiana Flood, Hillary Rests, Obama Vacations

Liberals making all sorts of excuses.

Last edited by DwightShrute; 08-19-16 at 03:28 PM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3212

Need Kanye West and milk Myers get together again so that Kanye can give Myers another heart attack saying.

Barack Obama hates black people

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

yah were is Kanye now dummies

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Yeah Trump is doing a whole lot by visiting

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3212

Donald trump has a great relationship with the blacks

DwightShrute

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by sheepgotwool View Post
    Fact: The Republican Party was founded primarily to oppose slavery, and Republicans eventually abolished slavery. The Democratic Party fought them and tried to maintain and expand slavery. The 13th Amendment, abolishing slavery, passed in 1865 with 100% Republicansupport but only 23% Democrat support in congress.

Don't let that ghost cape snap back and hit you in that chipmunk face of yours !
    Have you been medically diagnosed as retarded, or do your parents still not love you enough to take you to a doctor?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    If you're seriously too dumb to comprehend the benefit of a President, or even a Presidential candidate visiting a disaster area....well then, thank God you're not old enough to vote.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    He probably negotiated with/embarrassed the water into going into hiding...

THE global joke

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

[IMG][/IMG]

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    the next president

DwightShrute

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3732

F U OBAMA
    F U HILLARY

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Trump's jacket and white shirt are spotless. What kind of help did he give to the people of Louisiana? He is there for the photo opp.

Get some dirt on your clothes Mr. Billionaire!

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    F U OBAMA
    F U HILLARY

Its called damage control...

You really think he'd bother otherwise??

Where was Trump during other national disasters handing out charity??

Anyone can see its all an act...

DwightShrute

Trump's jacket and white shirt are spotless. What kind of help did he give to the people of Louisiana? He is there for the photo opp.

Get some dirt on your clothes Mr. Billionaire!
    Trump donated an 18-wheeler full of stuff people need.

You did absolutely nothing. Less than nothing.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11930

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    If you're seriously too dumb to comprehend the benefit of a President, or even a Presidential candidate visiting a disaster area....well then, thank God you're not old enough to vote.
    Please enlighten me what benefit Obama, Trump, Hillary, Kanye, or anyone can provide, outside of sending food, water and money? Displaced homeowners are excited to see them but without money nothing else matters. And before you answer, I have a bunch of people working there right now.

When did America become so fukking sensitive? Why must you blame the POTUS for every fukking thing? Stop being a little bitch with your wet vagina because people don't do what you want them to do. A Gymnast doesn't know to put her hand on her heart and all you can do is bitch and moan while she's worked her ass off to get on the podium. WTF are you doing? Have you gone to LA? Have you talked to the people being displaced? If you have not than please STFU? You're worst than Al Sharpton with all your bitchin like anyone owe you something.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Please enlighten me what benefit Obama, Trump, Hillary, Kanye, or anyone can provide, outside of sending food, water and money? Displaced homeowners are excited to see them but without money nothing else matters. And before you answer, I have a bunch of people working there right now.

When did America become so fukking sensitive? Why must you blame the POTUS for every fukking thing? Stop being a little bitch with your wet vagina because people don't do what you want them to do. A Gymnast doesn't know to put her hand on her heart and all you can do is bitch and moan while she's worked her ass off to get on the podium. WTF are you doing? Have you gone to LA? Have you talked to the people being displaced? If you have not than please STFU? You're worst than Al Sharpton with all your bitchin like anyone owe you something.
    Trump's a 70 year old guy who took the time and expense to fly there. Not only for support but he donated an entire 18-wheeler full of needed supplies and he even helped a little. His presence alone was a source of encouragement for the people affected and probabaly brought more attention to the area which could help with more people donating and volunteering. Was there some political motivation? No doubt there was. Who cares? It doesn't wipe away there other stuff.

Consider yourself enlightened.

First 123456 ... Last