lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Westbrook's decision deserves applause and accolades.

God rewards loyalty and honor not traitors and weak minded nimble pussies.

Russell Westbrook will win a title before durant. Watch and see.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratzz

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

he's also making a shitload more money next year tha on his current contract (which was basically torn up) and he gets a ton more money than anyone else could pay him if he stays all three years. while i agree it's always cool when stars stay at their team, let's not make this into an honor situation now. westbrook is still a punk.

and the thunder are terrible and he will never win a thing while in okc.

i still love you lb.

SouthBayGame
    SouthBayGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2895

He will win mvp, scoring title, most shots taken contest. Not a championship

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Clown OP still thinks it's 1988 when loyalty and sport still meant something...

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Always said Russ > kd. All aspects

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Clown OP still thinks it's 1988 when loyalty and sport still meant something...
    Kobe Bryant ?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

God doesn't like 31 out of 32 teams in the NBA. That's why only one team wins every year. God is a hater.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Essentially just an extra year for now.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

OKC has a good team even without Durant.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    OKC has a good team even without Durant.
    no they don't. just wait.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I agree with like lakerboy he's not a pussy

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

I don't see this as a loyalty move. I see this a Russell accepting a challenge and ready to prove something.

I know now it's not the same scenario but this season reminds of Damian lillard for the Blazers. A leader who was ready to lead his team as far as they can go.

turkkatarian
    turkkatarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

I would venture to say that Westbrook is a better player then Kevin Durant and that the thunder still excite me because of how awesome Westbrook is to watch. Kudos to Westbrook and he does deserve to be applauded.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

Did it occur to you that Durant left because of Westbrook? Now Westbrook is the hero? That's a good one.

I agree with the sentiment of trying to beat the enemy/ not join it. Durant's not going to say it but he'd prefer to have Curry as a teammate. If Westbrook wasn't such a nutjob.....

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

He's going to get exposed without Durant. Ball hogging going to get worse than Kobe and that's saying something. Athletic as hell but massively overrated. Hope he makes me eat my words but I've watched him play enough to know that my analysis is spot on.

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Always said Russ > kd. All aspects
    Thought this too before kd injured his foot. Just had too much more competiveness than him.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Loyalty!!

The new deal calls for Westbrook's salary to jump from $17.8 million next season to the maximum $26.5 million. He would then earn the max the next two seasons if he exercises the third-year option.

The player option for the third season of the deal will allow Westbrook to capitalize on the league rule allowing players who have completed 10 seasons to earn a larger max salary.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdder View Post
    He's going to get exposed without Durant. Ball hogging going to get worse than Kobe and that's saying something. Athletic as hell but massively overrated. Hope he makes me eat my words but I've watched him play enough to know that my analysis is spot on.
    Cant wait to see some of the crazy stat lines he puts up next season...

31 points on 25 shots, 1-9 from 3, 7 rebounds, 12 assists, 8 turnovers, 3 steals...going to be fun to watch.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19285

I don't know - best way for Kanter and Adams to get the ball is for RW to miss?

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

its the money ,don't fool yourself . . .fuk its just a game

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Mate he's getting paid,thats all he deserves.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

is there really such thing as an unselfish act?

he did it for his own reasons.

there is always a payoff
    Points Awarded:

jtoler gave YouHave2outs 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Had to expect Russ to stay. Its more Durant's temperament to not mind playing along other stars and Russ to like the situation he's in. I dont think he's really upset Durant left, Russ will have MVP on his mind all season long and I think, barring injury, he'll get it coupled with a little dislike of Durant and sympathy for Russ from the voters.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Westbrook got paid but he could have also got paid somehwere else. OKC would have backed the truck full of money up for Durant too. To me it came down to three things.

1. Westbrook is a competitor. He wants to prove he can do it by himself. It's the same mentality Jordan and Kobe had. How can you not admire that?

2. The people here love him. When he said he wanted to be loyal to the fans, I don't think he was totally full of shit. He can shoot 10 of 30 every game and still be a God here. If he did that in Boston or LA, the media would destroy him. He could have easily walked away but he chose to stay in small market OKC to try to carry the team on his back. How can you not admire that?

3. Money. It made the most financial sense. I don't blame him here.

So while money was a factor, it wasn't the only factor.

Durant is a pussy. This is why I've always had a Westbrook avatar. GayD doesn't have that killer instinct or will to be a champion. I kept thinking Durant would start working out in the off-season to become a better player but he is still the same skinny weak ass that he has always been. Basically instead of working harder, Durant went to a team that would make it easier for him. How in the hell can anyone root for him?

It's pretty sickening to watch OKC complete blow the Warriors of the floor in games 4 and 5....I'm talking 20+ point beat downs, and then watch Durant fold, become friends with Green who was kicking Adams in the nuts, and jump ship to the enemy.

People here have already accepted that Westbrook could lead the league in shot attempts and no one cares. Westbrook is going to go HAM, scorched earth, destroy everything, penetrate shit up, loco, medieval on everyone's ass. I can't wait.

I expect the Thunder to be like the Blazers were last year. Exceed expectations and make it to the second round.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 08-08-16 at 12:45 AM.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdder View Post
    Yeah it's not like he has already played without Durant for extended periods of time and that season happens to be what many to consider a breakout moment in his career.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Westbrook got paid but he could have also got paid somehwere else. OKC would have backed the truck full of money up for Durant too. To me it came down to three things.

1. Westbrook is a competitor. He wants to prove he can do it by himself. It's the same mentality Jordan and Kobe had. How can you not admire that?

2. The people here love him. When he said he wanted to be loyal to the fans, I don't think he was totally full of shit. He can shoot 10 of 30 every game and still be a God here. If he did that in Boston or LA, the media would destroy him. He could have easily walked away but he chose to stay in small market OKC to try to carry the team on his back. How can you not admire that?

3. Money. It made the most financial sense. I don't blame him here.

So while money was a factor, it wasn't the only factor.

Durant is a pussy. This is why I've always had a Westbrook avatar. GayD doesn't have that killer instinct or will to be a champion. I kept thinking Durant would start working out in the off-season to become a better player but he is still the same skinny weak ass that he has always been. Basically instead of working harder, Durant went to a team that would make it easier for him. How in the hell can anyone root for him?

It's pretty sickening to watch OKC complete blow the Warriors of the floor in games 4 and 5....I'm talking 20+ point beat downs, and then watch Durant fold, become friends with Green who was kicking Adams in the nuts, and jump ship to the enemy.

People here have already accepted that Westbrook could lead the league in shot attempts and no one cares. Westbrook is going to go HAM, scorched earth, destroy everything, penetrate shit up, loco, medieval on everyone's ass. I can't wait.

I expect the Thunder to be like the Blazers were last year. Exceed expectations and make it to the second round.
    I agree with most of what you said but you can't compare this to Portland. Portland were predicted to win like 25 games. The Thunder are still widely expected to compete for a playoff spot at the absolute worst, and most probably have them as a 5 or 6 seed.

I'm rooting for Westbrook. He's my favourite non-Mavs NBA player now that Kobe is gone.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I agree Seto. I'm just saying I think OKC will have the same type season as Portland.

Obviously Portland came out of no where while people still think OKC is a playoff team. I agree it's totally different in that aspect.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Okc is 3rd seed in west. Only spurs and state ahead.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

OC_Sharp
    OC_Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

New here hi all