Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Price of gold last 10 years:
    Attachment 90974

Price of bitcoin last 6 years:
    Attachment 90972
    So you're comparing a 10 year chart to a 6 year chart? That's cute

The main drivers of these two are completely unrelated. I can find you a lot of charts that are similar to these images.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Goes up? Well obviously...but You still haven't recovered your losses from yesterday's crash.

And please don't compare trading coins to trading gold - it's laughable.

I don't see anyone logging in to commodities exchange and with a few mouse clicks sets enough panic to wipe out 15-20% of $GLD value.
    Recovered my losses from yesterday? Please. One day doesn't make a trend.

In all your thread you have twisted logic and circular reasoning just like the other threads you quit.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

So you're comparing a 10 year chart to a 6 year chart? That's cute

The main drivers of these two are completely unrelated. I can find you a lot of charts that are similar to these images.
    Thanks for making my point for me.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Price of bitcoin the last 6 years:
    Name:  price of bitcoin last 6 years.png
Views: 82
Size:  12.9 KB
    As most thinking people can see the risks and rewards of bitcoin aren't all that different than investing in gold. There are events that cause the price of gold to drop quickly. There are risks in bitcoin, such as the exchange getting hacked yesterday, that cause the price to drop quickly.

But we can see from both charts that there is some inherent value in each commodity.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Recovered my losses from yesterday? Please. One day doesn't make a trend.

In all your thread you have twisted logic and circular reasoning just like the other threads you quit.
    I haven't quit any threads...not sure wtf are talking about?

Save your stupidity and anger for someone else.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

As most thinking people can see the risks and rewards of bitcoin aren't all that different than investing in gold. There are events that cause the price of gold to drop quickly. There are risks in bitcoin, such as the exchange getting hacked yesterday, that cause the price to drop quickly.

But we can see from both charts that there is some inherent value in each commodity.
    For me the risk outweighs the reward in Bitcoin. Don't get all fkng pissy with me like a little girl.

Learn how agree to disagree for crying out loud.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

For me the risk outweighs the reward in Bitcoin. Don't get all fkng pissy with me like a little girl.

Learn how agree to disagree for crying out loud.
    Not getting pissy with you. Don't know where that came from. If you have to make things up you've already lost the argument.

Perhaps you're trying to invalidate my point by calling names.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Not getting pissy with you. Don't know where that came from. If you have to make things up you've already lost the argument.

Perhaps you're trying to invalidate my point by calling names.
    I still don't know what your point is?

You found that a 7 year BTC chart is somewhat similar to a 10 year GLD chart? I told you that cute...unfortunately for you, you're comparing apples and oranges.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

I still don't know what your point is?

You found that a 7 year BTC chart is somewhat similar to a 10 year GLD chart? I told you that cute...unfortunately for you, you're comparing apples and oranges.
    I thought about that and I could have explained myself better. It's just in the past when I explain myself you twist it into something completely different. Just like you did here. You say it's apples to oranges and then don't explain yourself.

I'm tired of explaining my point and then try to show how your twisting of my point isn't accurate and then you twist it again and don't support your statements.

For those of you who may be wondering what I'm trying to get at with the 2 charts, I'm trying to show that there is similar risk in both commodities, bitcoin and gold. Events happen in gold that cause it to go up wildly and then crash and then recover and so on.

Similar things happen in bitcoin. The price goes up wildly then it crashes, recovers and then something happens to cause it to crash again. It's the nature of investing with a commodity.

The time periods don't have to be exact to show this point. The events that cause the price swings don't even have to be similar. The main point I'm making is that bitcoin's risk and rewards in price spikes and crashes aren't all that different than investing in gold. It doesn't have to be exact to make a valid point.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

I thought about that and I could have explained myself better. It's just in the past when I explain myself you twist it into something completely different. Just like you did here. You say it's apples to oranges and then don't explain yourself.
    I thought I was pretty clear when I said that investing in GLD doesn't carry as much risk as investing in BTC? What else is there needs to be explained?
    Try to explain your logic to people who lost their shit yesterday...the ones who got their shit pushed by exchanges that forcibly closed out their positions.
    Forget comparing...you can't even put those two in the same sentience for now, until they figure out how to provide a better security and protection for BTC investors.

As for twisting your logic - you're twisting your own shit pal. Learn how to read between the lines when someone replies back to you.

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

Gold was dictated by economical and political unrest.. especially outbreak of WAR and interest rates.. that's why stocks and bullion usually goes opposite...Meantime Bitcoin could be manipulated because it's still a money laundry apparatus therefore more volatile.. but still like sport betting there's always a winner...

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by importmoon View Post
    Gold was dictated by economical and political unrest.. especially outbreak of WAR and interest rates.. that's why stocks and bullion usually goes opposite...Meantime Bitcoin could be manipulated because it's still a money laundry apparatus therefore more volatile.. but still like sport betting there's always a winner...

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

575 now .. good thing I didn't get wipe out after I bought 2 days ago...Bull is the outcome HOPEFULLY...

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

575 now .. good thing I didn't get wipe out after I bought 2 days ago...Bull is the outcome HOPEFULLY...
    The slow downtrend was visible even before the hack, that was obviously a major catastrophic event.
    We went from 650 to around 610 in the matter of three days without any news.

hopefully it bounces back for you guys

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Yes, good points. Both gold and bitcoin carry risk. My whole point was that the general slope of risk isn't all that different. Both have large swings. Both have generally gone up in past years. Take that for what you will.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

The slow downtrend was visible even before the hack, that was obviously a major catastrophic event.

Good eye. Sometimes people know these things ahead of time. Sometimes they have an idea way ahead of time like Mt. Gox. There were plenty of warning signals for that. For this most recent case there weren't nearly as many signals.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15096

Bitfinex was down for a while causing the first decrease. The huge decrease was caused by the theft.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Bitfinex was down for a while causing the first decrease. The huge decrease was caused by the theft.
    Bitfinex was down for 3 days and that's why the price trickled down almost on no volume by almost $50? Already then...

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Good eye. Sometimes people know these things ahead of time. Sometimes they have an idea way ahead of time like Mt. Gox. There were plenty of warning signals for that. For this most recent case there weren't nearly as many signals.
    It is certainly a possibility

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

You'll get more coins, but the dollar figure will remain the same.

Anyone with acct at places like Nitrogen, just lost 10% of their account value.
    I saw them advertising to members that even though their bitcoin value dropped they should attempt to win back lost value. Lol. Here we try to tell bettors to minimize chases of wager losses. And nitrogen recommends chasing the lost value of bitcoin. Haha. A+++ book there

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    I saw them advertising to members that even though their bitcoin value dropped they should attempt to win back lost value. Lol. Here we try to tell bettors to minimize chases of wager losses. And nitrogen recommends chasing the lost value of bitcoin. Haha. A+++ book there
    They have kids running that chatroom...What else can you expect from them.

raiders72001

Bitfinex was down for 3 days and that's why the price trickled down almost on no volume by almost $50? Already then...
    Bitfinex was down in June causing the first decrease during a short maintenance period. Other exchanges remained open.

You have to keep up on the bitcoin news since many of these increases/decreases are media driven.

This time the price crash didn't start immediately after the theft. It started as news spread.

If you want a high risk investments keep an eye on ETH and ETC. Most likely only one will survive long term.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 08-04-16 at 12:21 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gochiefs913

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Bitfinex was down in June causing the first decrease. I think it was 20 minutes.

You have to keep up on the bitcoin news since many of these increases/decreases are media driven.

This time the price crash didn't start immediately after the theft. It started as news spread.

If you want high risk investments keep an eye on ETH and ETC. Most likely only one will survive long term.
    I'm talking about the specific timeframe of three days when a price dropped by 50 bucks leading to a day when a hack was announced...I really don't care what was happening in June.

raiders72001

I'm talking about the specific timeframe of three days when a price dropped by 50 bucks leading to a day when a hack was announced...I really don't care what was happening in June.
    Why do you think there's no volume? The volume at other exchanges increases when one exchange has a problem.

The only time trading stops on a crypto-currency is when there is a change such as the recent hard fork with Ethereum.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Why do you think there's no volume? The volume at other exchanges increases when one exchange has a problem.

The only time trading stops on a crypto-currency is when there is a change such as the recent hard fork with Ethereum.
    Thanks for explaining how the volume shift works on exchanges Cpt. Obvious! You still haven't explained to me what happened to BTC price during those three days leading to the crash.

raiders72001

why do you say this?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

why do you say this?
    see, remember two months ago when I told you to learn how to read the charts...and now you're just asking me silly questions

raiders72001

https://blockchain.info/charts

https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions

https://blockchain.info/charts/trade-volume

gochiefs913
    anxious for NFL!!
    gochiefs913's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Bitcoin is volatile, this is a known issue of the currency, unless you're looking to go long don't hold it. it's not rocket science.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

No kidding. How many times have we heard about its demise? Well, it was just a month or so ago.

Bitcoin is like the Energizer Bunny...still going!
    Bump.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

^ How many times did you sell during the last year?

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

^ How many times did you sell during the last year?
    I had to check my account to make sure. I didn't sell at all during the last year.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

I had to check my account to make sure. I didn't sell at all during the last year.
    So you're still a bag holder...congrats!

At what point are you going to pull a trigger?

First 1234 Last