vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Also some state liqour laws are wet and dry counties. So that is another aspect to a total pot legalization blanket over america. In oklahoma where i live. Its a felony. So i never indulge
    Hooker pussy ok. Its a misdemeanor

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Leave painkillers out of this conversation

They're physician prescribed and basically the same as a multivitamin
    Except they get you high as fukk and are addictive.....I think the problem is if they're physician prescribed, why can't weed be for those that prefer that for whatever reason

I'm all for whatever you want as long as you're not hurting others

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Marijuana can never be good for you, it can only be a pain medication at best.

Alcohol in low doses is proven to be beneficial for your health.
    https://www.newscientist.com/article...-liver-cancer/

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

Tell that to a relative of mine doing 99 years in Tennessee for Marijuana possession. Not selling, not dealing, not killing anyone... Possession.
    Drug possession laws in most states are antiquated and beyond egregious. No way in hell someone should be in prison for as long or longer for possession as someone that committed armed robbery, rape, manslaughter etc. I've only been called for jury duty once but it was a drug case and I hung the jury cause Thomas Jefferson told me I have the right to judge the law as much as the accused. I judged the law and it made no sense, so no way in hell dude was guilty.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Tell that to a relative of mine doing 99 years in Tennessee for Marijuana possession. Not selling, not dealing, not killing anyone... Possession.
    What did he have, a public defender?!

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    If you're the owner of any company you want your employees getting high all week?
    They are getting physically mauled on a weekly basis

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Except they get you high as fukk and are addictive.....I think the problem is if they're physician prescribed, why can't weed be for those that prefer that for whatever reason

I'm all for whatever you want as long as you're not hurting others
    Move to Seattle

No prescription needed for Weed, or Heroin

Thunderground
    Thunderground's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Weed suspensions may seem like a joke, but do you really want the NFL to turn into the NBA, where nobody gives a sh*t until the playoffs? Unlike alcohol weed stays in the system a long time. It takes off the edge. Do you want that in the NFL? As a bettor?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    Nfl is a company with huge media exposure, imagine if every time you went out and partied you had to wear a shirt with a logo of your company, you are representing a brand and that's why they are strict on that policy...I know some of the people enforcing the rules smoke themselves but they are not as exposed as the players...also big pharma and nfl are probably real tight, think about all the meds from sports related injuries, from pro all the way down, tons of meds being sold...
    lol image. that's why their main sponsors are beer companies.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4508

As a physician, I was just stating the facts.

The board, as predicted, went off on 5 different tangents.

One puff of a joint isn't good for you. Period.

Tobacco is the same way, it's just that it is much less of a mind altering substance and unlike marijuana, improves task ability and concentration.

Again, the only role for marijuana achieving an end is as a pain killer, and like any pain killer, it also has costs to its benefits.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Tobacco is the same way, it's just that it is much less of a mind altering substance and unlike marijuana, improves task ability and concentration.

Again, the only role for marijuana achieving an end is as a pain killer, and like any pain killer, it also has costs to its benefits.
    and you got your medical license from which foreign country, or did you answer an ad on the back of matchbook cover. if you are a doctor all you care about is getting patients (customers) who have insurance or money into your grasp. you probably overprescribe because you have a sweetheart deal with the drug companies to receive kickbacks. do you buy your sugar pills in bulk or by the pound.
    Points Awarded:

habitualwinning gave unusialsusp5 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

most doctors are brainwashed like this guy. clueless to the core. i don't blame them though, they're taught to follow protocol and not to analyze data.

idiots like this guy would have no problems prescribing marinol but would speak badly of cannabis.
    Points Awarded:

habitualwinning gave Ghenghis Kahn 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    lol image. that's why their main sponsors are beer companies.
    People spend money on beer, beer is legal...it's a main ingredient for watching football...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think college football there's no suspension for that meaning weed

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    and you got your medical license from which foreign country, or did you answer an ad on the back of matchbook cover. if you are a doctor all you care about is getting patients (customers) who have insurance or money into your grasp. you probably overprescribe because you have a sweetheart deal with the drug companies to receive kickbacks. do you buy your sugar pills in bulk or by the pound.
    You know nothing about me or my education, clearly.

If JJ meets me in Vegas with Booya later this month, I can show them and they can vouch for me, but that's as far as I'll go.

You think as a doctor I have anything to do with "system" profits? You know nothing. I have been part of this system for the last 12 years

You ignore all the good to focus on the bad.

If you were open minded, I could give you a fair treatment of the entire situation (from an "insider's" point of view) but you aren't, so what's the point.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

most doctors are brainwashed like this guy. clueless to the core. i don't blame them though, they're taught to follow protocol and not to analyze data.

idiots like this guy would have no problems prescribing marinol but would speak badly of cannabis.
    Refute the points I stated. You distract, get off topic, and call names.

Just like a political hack would.

I stand by every statement I said because they are all scientifically based.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

they sure are

one is confirmed to fight cancer along with a bunch of other health related issues. It is also heals your body faster and you can't overdose on it. Take a guess which one?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

weed does more harm than good

It is medically proven

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

i like pot, but to say not one death is asinine think of all the people who drive who.smoked way too.much
    or the people that do other stupid things when high that end up.dead

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    they sure are

one is confirmed to fight cancer along with a bunch of other health related issues. It is also heals your body faster and you can't overdose on it. Take a guess which one?
    Why don't you guys state plainly what your position is?

If your claim is that marijuana fights cancer, just say it. Then please direct me to the studies that confirm that this is true.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    i like pot, but to say not one death is asinine think of all the people who drive who.smoked way too.much
    or the people that do other stupid things when high that end up.dead
    Cheers, I come in here and have no axe to grind on anything. I'm just reporting what the medical facts are, yet somehow I'm some sort of villain all of a sudden.

As if smoking weed was ever good for you, give me break, just use common sense people.

The guys lose a lot of credibility when they act like there are not costs to smoking marijuana, like psychosis, lung cancer, etc. It's just silly.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Can't believe I actually agree with Hippy on something
    call it like you see it! i respeck it

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Did you not read my quote? "Alcohol in low doses is proven to be beneficial to your health."

Read it again 5 times. Your link is irrelevant. Speaking of that topic, medically, yes alcohol is a risk factor for cancer, as your link states. But that had nothing to do with my position or post.

It is helpful to read people's post, not just make up your own argument and argue with yourself. That's just weird.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publicatio...rinking-03.htm

"The resulting J-shaped curve, with the lowest mortality risk occurring at the level of 1-2 drinks per day, is likely due primarily to the protective effects of alcohol consumption on CHD and ischemic stroke, which comprise the leading cause of death in the US (CDC, 2002)."

At low dosage, alcohol protects against the leading causes of death in the US.

Again, I'm here to state the facts with scientific evidence as the basis.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Another:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20735372

Now, if you have a family history of alcoholism, of course you shouldn't drink.

But mild to moderate use of alcohol extends life, in aggregate.

Marijuana, as I said, is a pain killer or survival tool at best. And it is far more addictive, at that.

Those statements remain factual, my whole point in posting at the start.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

I don't think weed is performance enhancer.. Helps with sleep and relaxation and that's about it.. Pro Athletes are allowed to drink Alcohol so they should be allowed to smoke a joint on the down time.. I see no harm in that.. Herb is practically legal now in all States just like Alcohol right?...

I think you need to Legalize it and don't criticize it!!!

No violence ever comes from smoking weed and it's not harmful to the body or mind like most other drugs.. Is the kiiler of all motivation though but it's an enhancer for creativity. Gateway drug for some but not most...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-28-16 at 01:18 PM.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    What did he have, a public defender?!
    Well paid lawyer. His family has property all over Nashville and the county is trying to strong arm them to give some of it up. Basically told them if they hand over a lot, they'll let him go. He's been in over a year and a half already.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

listen you brainwashed troll. who funds these studies you speak of besides the big pharma and the alcohol industry? they control what they want you to believe. there have been many cases where cannabis oil has cured cancer but the word "cure" is the boogieman in the healthcare industry.

"cure" is the worst thing that can happen for the big pharma and the doctors that poison their patients with chemo. keep prescribing your marinol and stop with your nonsense.

ADR51
    ADR51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

Another:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20735372

Now, if you have a family history of alcoholism, of course you shouldn't drink.

But mild to moderate use of alcohol extends life, in aggregate.

Marijuana, as I said, is a pain killer or survival tool at best. And it is far more addictive, at that.

Those statements remain factual, my whole point in posting at the start.

What about Glaucoma?
    I've had glaucoma since i'm 15 years old and it's been more beneficial for my intraocular pressure than the eye drops.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

all these scientific studies are a joke. you have to remember that these studies need funding. in this day and age, big pharma and big corporations are the only ones that have limitless funds, hence they'll only fund the ones that will benefit them. if there's a group that comes out with negative results, they'll never get funded again. so these labs have to really watch how they produce their results. it's quite sad. most of these studies are skewed.

that's why you can only trust data that comes out of privately funded studies.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11720

It cant be worse than baseball.Sale got suspended 5 days but he pitches every 5 days. This is a joke

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Jim McMahon: NFL is ‘in cahoots with big pharma’ for painkillers

Wednesday July 27th, 2016

Former Chicago Bears quarterback Jim McMahon spoke with Sports Illustrated’s Maggie Gray about the NFL’s handling of player injuries, criticizing the league’s reliance on painkillers instead of alternative substances like marijuana.

McMahon hypothesized that the NFL is “in cahoots with big pharma.”

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said that including marijuana on league’s list of banned substances is in the interest of players, but McMahon told SI Now he adamantly disagrees. He argues that the league wants to make sure players are taking painkillers.

“They want you taking their pills,” McMahon told SI Now. “I think they’re in cahoots with big pharma. My whole career they were pushing pills on me. For whatever aliment you had, they had a pill for it and that’s the reason they’re demonizing this plant they way they are.”

McMahon added that he thinks marijuana is the safer option for players.

“This stuff is so much better for you, there’s no side effects, it doesn’t kill anybody, there’s no documented cases of people dying, but there’s hundreds of thousands of people dying every year from these pills,” he told SI Now.

McMahon said he was still on pain killers for about five years after his NFL career ended, but the only thing that really helped him deal with the symptoms from his football-related injuries was marijuana.

McMahon spent 15 seasons in the NFL, including the first seven of his career in Chicago, where he helped lead the 1985 Bears to a Super Bowl XX title. The quarterback sustained numerous injuries during his career and has been outspoken about his struggles with the effects of head trauma.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Why don't you guys state plainly what your position is?

If your claim is that marijuana fights cancer, just say it
    . Then please direct me to the studies that confirm that this is true.

I just did... literally. It was pretty obvious when I said you can't overdose on it...

use google, it was proven a long time ago by AMA which makes it even more comical the government is against it. Just recently it was proven to heal broken bones and bruising faster in lab mice.

Alcohol has benefits too but hardly anyone is drinking just one glass of wine a night. Also, one beer is not the same as one glass of wine. It isn't just any alcohol that is recommended.
    Last edited by brooks85; 07-29-16 at 07:50 AM.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

listen you brainwashed troll. who funds these studies you speak of besides the big pharma and the alcohol industry? they control what they want you to believe. there have been many cases where cannabis oil has cured cancer but the word "cure" is the boogieman in the healthcare industry.

"cure" is the worst thing that can happen for the big pharma and the doctors that poison their patients with chemo. keep prescribing your marinol and stop with your nonsense.
    So, you come to conclusions without data, and when I ask you for evidence, you just call names again.

Yet I'm the brainwashed one? My point is proven by your refusal to have an honest dialogue.

There will be nothing further, sir. Good day.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I just did... literally. It was pretty obvious when I said you can't overdose on it...

use google, it was proven a long time ago by AMA which makes it even more comical the government is against it. Just recently it was proven to heal broken bones and bruising faster in lab mice.

Alcohol has benefits too but hardly anyone is drinking just one glass of wine a night. Also, one beer is not the same as one glass of wine. It isn't just any alcohol that is recommended.
    You guys are talking about completely different ideas. Go back and read every post of mine 10 times so you know my points are, and what they aren't.

What does overdosing have to do with marijuana "fighting cancer"? Besides, your link was about how alcohol was a risk factor for cancer.

Yes, it can be, I agreed. And you also agree in low to moderate usage, EtOH is good for you. So what's your problem?

I never brought up prescription drugs, so stop talking about stuff not relevant to my discussion, but dear to your heart. I don't care about that unless I talk about it.

Marijuana is not good for a healthy person. Alcohol can be, but is not necessarily.

I don't understand what is so difficult to understand about those statements, which are facts.

That you don't care about the detrimental effects of marijuana, and only want to focus on some of its other properties (which may be beneficial) is irrelevant to the conversation. Please use reading comprehension.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Don't give a fukk it's all about results

They get high all week on painkillers as it is
    obvious troll is obvious

First 123 Last