hustlefamTony
    hustlefamTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Anyone else don't have a bank account?

Due to being on the ChexSystems list? Shiet sucks. Can't make An account with a bank for 5 years til it clears up. Anyone around this?

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14380

Go to a Doctor and get some ointment. Maybe that will help it clear up faster.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

You can always get a bank account if you look hard hard enough.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

What's wrong with money in a pillowcase under the mattress?

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

no bank

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Get a prepaid debit card. Only problem with that is that you have to pay a transaction fee on every purchase most of the time.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    no bank
    I have a few bank accounts with normal everyday funds, but that's it. Only have them open to appear to be on the up and up and it stops the IRS from snooping around.

I don't trust banks at all with life changing amounts of cash. Don't need the IRS all in my business. Too many wolves in this country preying on hard working folk.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Just like Randy Moss....

Straight Cash Homie

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

get amex serve prepaid, only $1 a month for the card and no other fees. kills green dot and ******** with their fees.

BOL

sheepgotwool
    sheepgotwool's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6429

Bend over on Main street with hundred dollar bills taped to your pie hole.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14380

Hmm, that's kind of a weird reply Sheepskin. Good luck with all of that.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Um.... someone correct me if I'm wrong..... but does Walmart use the ChexSystems programming when cashing a chk?

ATLIEN6
    ATLIEN6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Quote Originally Posted by hustlefamTony View Post
    Due to being on the ChexSystems list? Shiet sucks. Can't make An account with a bank for 5 years til it clears up. Anyone around this?
    I didnt have one for about 8 years but that shit finally dropped off 8 months back. Such a pain in the ass not to have a bank account.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by hustlefamTony View Post
    Sucks to be shady I guess...normal people don't have the problem you speak of
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Sucks to be shady I guess...normal people don't have the problem you speak of
    I don't even know what the fukk he's talking about. What's Chexsystem? Cashing checks at Walmart? The fukk??

Zero chance you can be successful without credit. Doesn't work. No exceptions.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Cashing checks at Walmart 😂
    Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I don't even know what the fukk he's talking about. What's Chexsystem? Cashing checks at Walmart? The fukk??

TheMoneyShot

The only reason why I brought up Walmart with Chexsystems... because I was blacklisted at Walmart. My credit is fine. I never had a problem opening up bank accts anywhere.

I never bounced an offshore chk at Walmart... I just believe Walmart figured out what I was doing.... syncing everything up with my SSN. Wow! I never put 2 and 2 together... but Chexsystems has been watching all of us.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

if you do not have a bank account then definitely something wrong with you

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Pretty sure OP can't reply on his Obama phone while at the DNC

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

what the fukk is a chexsystem

chex mix variant?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Um.... someone correct me if I'm wrong..... but does Walmart use the ChexSystems programming when cashing a chk?
    Walmart uses TeleCheck...I did a small project for them a while back and can tell you that evidence of prior bad check writing history is not determinative in how a risk model ultimately decisions on a check transaction. If you got denied at Walmart, your transaction probalby carried other risk indicators. Also, when your transaction was analyzed, it could have had several characteristics that made it look risky. In fact, if the account number was rarely, or never seen by TeleCheck before, this in itself could be a factor in a decision to decline.

If the store that you went to is not in your "normal" shopping pattern (there was not a recent record of you writing a check there) TeleCheck will most likely decline your check to protect the merchant against possible fraud.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

As for the OP's problem, try some of the online-only checking accounts. Some of them don't care about the Chexsystem. You won't get an actual check book or a branch to go to, but you'll get your Debit card and the rest of the stuff that comes with a checking account.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Walmart uses TeleCheck...I did a small project for them a while back and can tell you that evidence of prior bad check writing history is not determinative in how a risk model ultimately decisions on a check transaction. If you got denied at Walmart, your transaction probalby carried other risk indicators. Also, when your transaction was analyzed, it could have had several characteristics that made it look risky. In fact, if the account number was rarely, or never seen by TeleCheck before, this in itself could be a factor in a decision to decline.

If the store that you went to is not in your "normal" shopping pattern (there was not a recent record of you writing a check there) TeleCheck will most likely decline your check to protect the merchant against possible fraud.
    Thanks RR for the info!

Every time I got my hands on a 3k chk for the last 5 years or so... I use to cash it at Walmart. Like clockwork. Then all of a sudden I started getting denied. Had to find other alternatives. I don't like running cks through bnks.

Thank goodness for BTC! Glad I understand it now. Huge advantage.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

This is pure nonsense.

Cash is king and trumps all.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Thanks RR for the info!

Every time I got my hands on a 3k chk for the last 5 years or so... I use to cash it at Walmart. Like clockwork. Then all of a sudden I started getting denied. Had to find other alternatives. I don't like running cks through bnks.

Thank goodness for BTC! Glad I understand it now. Huge advantage.
    One other thing, if you ever get declined with one of those systems, and like in your case, you know that you've never done anything wrong, it's always a good thing to call directly to TeleCheck and ask them for the explanation.
    Without your knowledge, your driver’s license number or identification card can be “linked” to fraudulent bank accounts, so it's always good to find out what the real reason is behind the decline.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    This is pure nonsense.

Cash is king and trumps all.
    For small time stuff, sure. But for serious acquisitions you simply have to have good credit. Even if you're liquid enough to pay cash, there are times that good credit will afford you a better price.

Not trying to be a dikk...but without good credit in America, you're on the outside looking in. Period.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

opie will the bank give me a 25k line of credit if i have a good credit score?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    opie will the bank give me a 25k line of credit if i have a good credit score?
    Sorry brother Hipp...even with a 850 FICO score, you're capped at 195 dollars and 37 cents credit line limit.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Something tells me this might have something to do with what he's was doing

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

How did you get on the chexsystems if you don't mind me asking? Isn't there different types? If your account has just been negative for a long time I think some places might be more lenient. If you're constantly writing bad checks or used your account to cash stolen checks, you're probably shit out of luck.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

so bank at wal-mart

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

For small time stuff, sure. But for serious acquisitions you simply have to have good credit. Even if you're liquid enough to pay cash, there are times that good credit will afford you a better price.

Not trying to be a dikk...but without good credit in America, you're on the outside looking in. Period.
    I bought my house at 23 when it was on the market for $225k-30ish. Since I had the cash to pay up front, I held all of the cards and was able to negotiate the price to $180k. This was at a time when my credit wasn't all that great. Perhaps a tad below average due to me ruining it when I was kicked out and living on the streets at 18-19 years old.

If you really want something and have physical cash on you, you can get anything you want quite easily. My credit is excellent now at 28, but I'm just using that time in my life as an example.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

ChexSystems, Wal-Mart?!? this sounds like poor people problems

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    ChexSystems, Wal-Mart?!? this sounds like poor people problems
    I remember when wal-mart sold shit cheap as hell.

They used to have those 25 cent soda machines. Would run in and get 4 quarters for a dollar from the cashier. Best thing in the world as a kid.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    I bought my house at 23 when it was on the market for $225k-30ish. Since I had the cash to pay up front, I held all of the cards and was able to negotiate the price to $180k. This was at a time when my credit wasn't all that great. Perhaps a tad below average due to me ruining it when I was kicked out and living on the streets at 18-19 years old.

If you really want something and have physical cash on you, you can get anything you want quite easily. My credit is excellent now at 28, but I'm just using that time in my life as an example.
    Thats great, pal.

I've made a few deals in my life, and all I'm saying is that if you have good credit, things are exponentially easier for you than if you don't. Good credit affords you opportunities. That's the difference.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

12 Last