ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11488

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Sports Bettors more barreled in forsure.

Most Pony bettors are older generation and its for recreation. $2 $5 win bets. 10 cent trifecta etc etc.....
    My uncle recently passed away, age 90 or close to it. He was a wildly successful businessman and played the horses almost religiously since he was in his teens. Most of his eulogy was about horse stories and one was about how he got food poisoning in Europe and played the ponies from his hospital bed.

anyway, know how much he'd bet? $2 a race, looking to hit trifectas on the nose. And what I liked hearing most was why he bet so light; he would say that he believed a person only had so much good luck in life and that he did not want to waste his on the horses.

he was a very, very wise man.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    The guys usually know their shit, but I would never blindly follow their picks. However, they're sometimes worth listening to for an insight into the race that you may have overlooked.

If you are looking to follow someone blind, the best guy is Andy Serling in NY. He is so good though that the prices on his picks has become depressed to the point of taking away the edge. That's why following public handicappers is not so great an idea. If they are actually solid, too many people follow their selections and bring the payoffs down.
    Mike battaglia will give out horses and then bet different ones. He works at turfway and Also is involved with ky derby

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    My uncle recently passed away, age 90 or close to it. He was a wildly successful businessman and played the horses almost religiously since he was in his teens. Most of his eulogy was about horse stories and one was about how he got food poisoning in Europe and played the ponies from his hospital bed.

anyway, know how much he'd bet? $2 a race, looking to hit trifectas on the nose. And what I liked hearing most was why he bet so light; he would say that he believed a person only had so much good luck in life and that he did not want to waste his on the horses.

he was a very, very wise man.
    he sounds like a wise man. I wish I never fell in love with race track. Guys I grew up with father got barred from race tracks for life.They went down to mexico and found a horse that looked like this other horse. They stole this machine that puts numbers on horses lips. That is how they keep track of horses. In mexico they didn't stamp their mouths. This horse was winning and they were killing them on exactas and doubles.There was no such thing as tris back then and they only did exactas in certain races They got busted when a jockey from mexico that used to be a hot walker figured it out. They had won over 100,000 by the time they got busted.Just thought some of the old timers would enjoy the story. The track they were base out of was the old latonia downs. This horse won at ellis park,church hill , latonia, river downs and keeneland

First 12