klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Mark Cuban says NBA franchises going up, NFL will go down

Mark Cuban was a guest on Any Given Wednesday last night and stated that value on NBA franchises would continue to rise in the next 10 to 20 years but NFL franchises would start to fall because of parents not letting their kids play football. I guess his point here is if fewer kids start playing football early on then the loss of talent would eventually trickle down, plus who knows where the game is going with new rules each year to protect players from concussions.

Does he have a point? I can't see the NBA overtaking the NFL in popularity or franchise value. Has he been hitting the pipe?

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.

And another thing, Why the hell is Bill Simmon's new show only half a friggin hour long? Once a week? He's robbing HBO big time

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He could be right

He says silly things though..guy a fraud and makes money that way

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Hispanics will be taking over the majority of USA

so why isn't he buyin a soccer club???

watch him already own 1????

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.

I'm curious what rule changes the NFL will pass within the next 10 years. Already thinking of taking the kickoff out of the game. Whats next? take tackling out of the game? In my opinion the players make a ton of cash and they know the risks of playing this game. Can't someone invent a helmet that drastically reduces impact?
    NBA is a flawed game too. They need to improve the accuracy of officials calls. At least make it consistent.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    And another thing, Why the hell is Bill Simmon's new show only half a friggin hour long? Once a week? He's robbing HBO big time
    I heard Simmons say in a recent interview that the plan is to eventually expand the show to a hour. As for Cuban, I vote pipe. He loves hearing himself say provocative things to garner attention. Obviously he's a bright guy that's called many a thing correctly, but he's also been wrong a lot with his various pronouncements... although he wants you to forget about those. IMO, the NFL will do what it's always done -- adapt, tweak things... and continue to stay wildly popular for years to come. NBA will never surpass NFL in popularity or value.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Bottomline- both sports are unwatchable until the playoffs.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Does Trump University field a div 1 hoops team???

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Well, I guess I won't be watching much in the way of sports in 20 years.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I respect Cuban but I am around kids sports quite a bit and most high acheiving athlete's parents are much more concerned about athletic glory than their child's safety. I know several kids who have had multiple concussions that have their parents throw them back in too early. Mh ten year old wrestles and you wouldn't believe how the top talent in the nation at that age cuts weight. It is unreal.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Cuban hasn't been accurate in a few years.

Marriage must be weighing him down lately.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Does Trump University field a div 1 hoops team???
    I am a 3 sport athlete there

Long Jump, Pole Vault, Handball

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

A girl got a concussion in a high school volleyball game this season. They are now making girls wear a soft shell helmet and they are making the ball into more beach ball type material.

Jupiter333
    Jupiter333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1644

NBA would be more popular if they used the NFL model of a shorter season of 4 months and shorter games of 40 minutes. Never happen though, everyone would have to take a pay cut from 20 million to 15 million/season. Having the playoffs where teams rest for more than a day is a terrible idea too....playoffs lasting two months is wrong. And, limit time outs in the last two minutes to two per team....this 10 times out stuff that goes on in two minutes is horrible. The coaches over coaching yields worse results, not better.

NCAA men's, WNBA are both better products.

NBA teams might grow in value, but they'll never get to the NFL's level because the game is the worst of all professional sports and the NFL is a very, very good product. It's no coincidence that the only commissioner of his professional league to advocate gambling is the NBA guy....why else would anyone watch that game besides the playoffs?

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.

I think Cuban is still pissed by the DeAndre Jordan fiasco last year. He's doing anything to promote NBA franchises and up his value. Notice the Mavs didn't really get involved this year with the big dogs.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

I think hes got a fair statement. I personally hate basketball and love football. But with all the rule changes and bad press, i have been saying for the last couple years that NFL is going down hill. Basketball has continued to increase viewers bringing in more commercial dollars making it more of a spectacle.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4143

There will always be kids playing football, which means some of them will eventually make it to the pros.

The value of a franchise is in the amount of revenue it can generate. That number is not coming down for either the NBA or the NFL anytime soon. Despite all the complaining from fans, the NFL is as popular and as powerful as ever.

Sledge187

Football will recover.....they are the top show.....haters gonna hate.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Cuban did not become a Billionaire by being stupid...he can see the writing on the wall. Domestic Violence Cases, Steroids, and Brain Injuries...will destroy the perception the next generation has of the sport...Pop Warner will be replaced by Rec leagues and AAU....Thursday Night Football is a Joke...The Superbowls are rigged...The NFL exist for the gambling and the fantasy leagues...

The NBA will bury the league in 20 years...Internationally, Basketball, soccer and Cricket are KING...and the NBA continues to expand and is more accessible....Who wants to take twice the health risk for half the pay...? Silver understands the gambling aspect and is headed in that direction...All they need now is a team in Vegas...

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Cuban did not become a Billionaire by being stupid...he can see the writing on the wall. Domestic Violence Cases, Steroids, and Brain Injuries...will destroy the perception the next generation has of the sport...Pop Warner will be replaced by Rec leagues and AAU....Thursday Night Football is a Joke...The Superbowls are rigged...The NFL exist for the gambling and the fantasy leagues...

The NBA will bury the league in 20 years...Internationally, Basketball, soccer and Cricket are KING...and the NBA continues to expand and is more accessible....Who wants to take twice the health risk for half the pay...? Silver understands the gambling aspect and is headed in that direction...All they need now is a team in Vegas...
    Cuban is a genius...he broke up a championship team so he could go after top tier free agents. He is incredibly smart. Also, he passed on investing in a start up called Uber. He is just so smart like yourself.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

people like to watch sports because they bet on them.

football by far the most fun sport to bet on.

jags vs browns ratings beat mlb playoffs.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Cuban is a genius...he broke up a championship team so he could go after top tier free agents. He is incredibly smart. Also, he passed on investing in a start up called Uber. He is just so smart like yourself.
    LOL...He threatened Stern with a FBI investigation for the 2006 rigged NBA finals and was rewarded with Lebron's assisted rigged 2011 NBA championship...there was nothing to break up....He has accomplished more than you...what have you accomplished beside looking like a fool on SBR ? LOL how much you lose on GSW ?

Sledge187

LOL...He threatened Stern with a FBI investigation for the 2006 rigged NBA finals and was rewarded with Lebron's assisted rigged 2011 NBA championship...there was nothing to break up....He has accomplished more than you...what have you accomplished beside looking like a fool on SBR ? LOL how much you lose on GSW ?
    Huh? Cuban is a smart guy...no doubt the dude is a billionaire...but you and him are both really stupid if you think the number 1 sport in the world is going anywhere. Basketball has dropped in popularity since Jordan left. The playoffs were the worst ever but got saved by having an amazing 7 game series with a gut wrenching game 7. One of the most exciting games I have ever seen. The problem with basketball is only a few teams have a shot to win the championship. Where as in football, teams can come out of nowhere and win the Super Bowl.

BTW - How much did you lose in 2006. When you tell people games are rigged, you look like the fool and lose credibility around here. Not too mention people with no profile pics are usually trying to hide something.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Im a huge uber fan. But if you think about the concept of it before origination. "I'm going to get a ride from a stranger in a gay Toyota prius instead of a taxi." I wouldn't have invested in it either. Was a big and expensive gamble.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    people like to watch sports because they bet on them.

football by far the most fun sport to bet on.

jags vs browns ratings beat mlb playoffs.
    People on this forum watch sports because they like to bet on sports. Everyone else watches sports because they are entertaining

Muller Rose
    Muller Rose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Bottomline- both sports are unwatchable until the playoffs.
    Haha! yeah! Kinda agree to this!

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4143

Really? The Super Bowls are rigged, but the NBA is legit??

REALLY??!??