ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Or is it the mindset of the over entitled?

In a world where house prices are out of control, jobs are less secure and university debt is exploding, is it any wonder young people are starting to feel ripped off?

The baby boomers had cheap houses and much much affordable degrees, and now as they enter their twilight years they either won’t get off the career ladder or they’re living it up.

But what about their kids and grandkids?

For some of them, the great American dream has become a great American nightmare. Many young people today are too busy paying off their education let alone paying off a home, and to pay off anything at all they need a steady job and a chance of success. This wasn’t what they were promised

Is there really a ‘war on young people’ or is it a mindset of the over entitled? And can the ‘battle lines’ be redrawn?
    Last edited by ACoochy; 06-22-16 at 06:30 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

There is no great american dream anymore for young generation

It is long gone

Country fukked

mets119218
    mets119218's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3814

Maybe but as a parent of a 13 year old who I put in a private school because of horrible schools I think kids have grown up spoiled now. I didn't grow up with much money and I have 88k in student loans still 17 years out of school. I have a useless masters that I will never use. Now I see most of my kids friends parents buying them everything under the sun and saving for their college. I think most kids now are given a lot by their parents and when it's time to grow up they don't have the life skills to function. I sit back the other day and release we as parents are a lot of problem. I buy my son pretty much any game he wants or if he needs glasses or anything we buy them because we are lucky enough to be in a situation where we can. The other day I told him I can't buy him a new console and he tells me seriously it's only 400 dollars why not? I then release I have taught him money has no value and I wonder how many more parents do that. Growing up I got paddle in school then when I went home my dad would whoop my ass for getting a paddle in school. Now if a teacher says shut him people put them on YouTube and everyone's feelings get hurt. I think we need to be stronger and better parents like our parents were. Just my two cents.

mets119218
    mets119218's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3814

Also our work place has changed it use to be if you were in a job for 20 years you were looked as an asset to the company now you are looked at as a liability because they can replace you with a 22 year old making half

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3423

People shouldn't be pushing College on everyone,its not friggin cheap and their is no guarantees youll get anything out of it to be honest. You can blame the schools if you want,they are the ones putting these kids in debt.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

The American Dream for young people is alive and well. For the ones that are willing to work for it.

If some lazy fukks want to sit in a hookah bar all night and spend what little money they have on piercings and tatts, it's going to be a hard world.

There are a bunch of young people out there that are busting their asses in shit jobs. They'll scrape a little bit of money together and open their own business - a food truck or a delivery service or some such. They'll grow that business and sell it and move on to something better or they'll expand their original business into multiple locations or additional services.