BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Has anyone here ever hit rock bottom gambling? Lets hear some stories.

Last edited by BigBusiness; 06-20-16 at 10:39 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

When I hit rock bottom I just bet real small until I get a new job or save some cash

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    When I hit rock bottom I just bet real small until I get a new job or save some cash
    What about the glory hole?

Lets hear some stories

jjgold

I'm a pretty good handicapper now so I avoid the long slumps

Bank loan sometimes help for leverage

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

I sold flower pots i made out of milk jugs on the overpass by PH.
    Finaly got my hands on $109 & bet it all on a 7 game parlay.

Went 2-4-1

Had to stay with JJ at Gerrys Nugget for a weekend.

Its been all uphill since then!!!

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    I sold flower pots i made out of milk jugs on the overpass by PH.
    Finaly got my hands on $109 & bet it all on a 7 game parlay.

Went 2-4-1

Had to stay with JJ at Gerrys Nugget for a weekend.

Its been all uphill since then!!!
    Yah
    But jj knows the bartender. Real well at geritols nugget.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I'm a pretty good handicapper now so I avoid the long slumps

Bank loan sometimes help for leverage
    content://media/external/file/30937

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Lost my girl.
    Lost my job.
    Lost my money.
    Had to move in with roommate cuz I couldn't afford apartment anymore.
    Forgot how to read.

Won November Poster of the Month for November 2014

Worth it.
    Points Awarded:

SteveKerrsJunk gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PorkChop gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

l7ustin gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Avenger_deux gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: l7ustin

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Hey BigBusiness you should make a validation video

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

About 6 years ago, when my life was really imploding I was getting into all sorts of debt online with no fukks to give. I played several 2K heads up matches on Full tilt with no intention of winning or paying back the bank/ft. Like I said, it was a dark time due to other circumstances, I've grown up and moved on, but at the time things were really fked up. Dropped about 8K I didn't have in less than 30 minutes. That's as bad as it got for me. I'll wait for some better stories to come through. And no shame, you man up and handle your business when you make mistakes.

Yes, the first match I did crack his AA with my XX and won.

I'll elaborate a bit more. During this time I had recently broken up with my fiance (yes, she dumped my billy beta ass and started fukkin Chad Thundercac) and had a massive drug problem. You could say I was a really care-free guy, or would that be careless...either way I had quite the prescription of adderall xr 30s, xanax 1 ** footballs, and a ton of top shelf northern cali herbiture from one of the best clubs in the state (over 100 strains at times and edibles that made you feel you were on acid) It started with a 30 ** xr and some poker as per ushe. When it started wearing off it was time for a few ** of xanax and bud to ease the comedown, when that wore off it was time for a brew and another 30 ** xr to get back up, when that wore off it was time for more xanax and more weed, when that wore off it was time for another beer and now 60 ** adderall, rinse and repeat until you have no awareness of your current situation and drugs have taken over your being. Well, I recall crashing sometime around when the sun came up 6-7 maybe? Now, I wake up the next day, not really thinking too much of it, because frankly I don't remember much with all the xanax I took (11-14 **, 210-300 ** adderall). Well, the incredibly messed up part is that it's not that day...it's an entire day later. Imagine waking up thinking it's wednesday, but no it's actually a Thursday and you have no clue what happened between wednesday and thursday. That weekend is when I just flushed everything down the toilet in my account and full tilt, just wanted to give you the mental state I was in during that time. Please be safe when doing drugs, especially mixing them, that was not safe and I'm lucky to be alive. Keep the stories coming.
    Last edited by SteveKerrsJunk; 06-21-16 at 03:25 AM.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    About 6 years ago, when my life was really imploding I was getting into all sorts of debt online with no fukks to give. I played several 2K heads up matches on Full tilt with no intention of winning or paying back the bank/ft. Like I said, it was a dark time due to other circumstances, I've grown up and moved on, but at the time things were really fked up. Dropped about 8K I didn't have in less than 30 minutes. That's as bad as it got for me. I'll wait for some better stories to come through. And no shame, you man up and handle your business when you make mistakes.

Yes, the first match I did crack his AA with my XX and won.
    Good post. Come on you denegerate bastards, lets hear stories. Don't be shy

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Fcck it, I'll tell mine.....

2006, was 18 and living on my own. Dropped out of high school senior year because mom and I were always getting into arguments. She said I wasn't worth shyt so she kicked me out. Ended up sleeping at friends houses for awhile until was able to get my GED. Looked to enroll in army, but they didn't accept dropouts, so ended up getting a job at a fast food joint and saving my money trying to figure out what my next move was. Was paying rent at friends place, but there were a couple of times where I'd degen my checks betting on sports and buying weed and didn't have money for rent at times, so i ended up getting kicked out and convincing another friend to let me pay rent there.

Back then, poker was all the rage and was amazed at how people were winning millions of dollars on tv playing a card game. Didn't know how to play, so taught myself how to on free party poker tables after I got off work. When I finally thought I'd got the hang of it, I deposited portions of my check and got my ass handed to me and ended up losing quick. One thing would lead to another and I ended up gambling my rent money away and got kicked out in the process.

Had no where else to go and the few family I had lived on the other side of the country. So after work, I'd sleep in my busted up piece of shit honda in quiet areas like travelers rest stops and would go to sleep reading books on how to become a poker pro. I'm close to 19 at this point and still living a nomads life. One day at work a female coworker asked where I lived and I flat out told her I live in my car. She laughed and didn't think I was serious until I showed her dirty ass clothes in the trunk. We got the talking and told me she knew a place where I could stay where rent was cheap. Ended up paying only $250 a month at this old ladies house. Her place always smelled bad, but it was WAY better than sleeping in the car and she was always cooking meals free of charge!

Ended up buying a laptop from a pawnshop and started playing on pokerstars and once again started degening my checks, but rent was so low that I would pay her before I started fccking up. About a 5-6 months later, her grandson shows up and wants me out. We got into a fight that he started and she ended up taking his side over mines. Well once again I'm homeless, but still have my laptop. The time I was there, I had built a bankroll of $2,000 from a $100 deposit, so I was thinking about cashing out. I used a local wifi spot to login and said fcck it, "I need more money than this, so instead of cashing out, I took the entire roll and played at very high limits thinking I could double it up and cash it out. Instead I ended up losing it all and man was I depressed. Sitting in my car in the dark by some building with a busted bankroll.

I didn't even feel like going into work the next day, so I ended up getting fired because the manager was extremely busy and I never called to say I couldn't make it in. So now I'm broke, jobless and homeless.

I parked my car in a safe area and took the bus so I wouldn't have to pay for gas and went looking for another job. Couldn't find anything, so I took my laptop and went to a wifi spot to put in some applications online. For some reason, I ended up logging into my pokerstars account and it showed $0. I noticed I had a lot of FPPS, but didn't know what they were used for. After reading up on it, I found out they could be used to play in tournaments. I had just enough to play in a sit and go and ended up winning $150. Took the money and played in a heads up match for close to the amount I won and ended up beating him. So now I was close to $300. I thought to myself that I should cashout and use the money for gas and food, but I saw the Sunday Million was about to start in about an hour, so I started going back and forth with myself on just cashing out or playing in it. I have never played in the Sunday Million before, so this was completely new to me. As the tourney got closer, I decided to play in it and I knew I had to play my ass off as my life was on the line. Lasted for hours and I was zoned in the entire time.

Hours had passed and I was starting to think I actually had a chance to make some serious cash, so I started looking at the payout structure. A couple more hours had passed and I was still in it. I was running like God winning hands I had no business winning and ended up making it all the way to the final table and finished in 5th place for just a little over $40,000 and ended up cashing it ALL OUT. I have never been able to replicate that run in the Sunday Million.

I truly believe someone was watching over me that day, because after 10 years, i still can't believe it actually happened. Took the money and made it work for me.

That is my story.
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave BigBusiness 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jerm3462 gave BigBusiness 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

l7ustin gave BigBusiness 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

kmarinouofm gave BigBusiness 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mase of Base gave BigBusiness 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sledge187 gave BigBusiness 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

that's an amazing and unbelievable story. unbelievable as in i dont believe you haha but maybe its true. if it is... cheers. and set a limit of depositing just once a week or something man.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post
    that's an amazing and unbelievable story. unbelievable as in i dont believe you haha but maybe its true. if it is... cheers. and set a limit of depositing just once a week or something man.
    It's as real as it gets. I was a nearly 19 year old kid. Sure it was dumb to do what I did, but we've all done dumb shyt at that age and I was desperate, not sure what my next move would be. I'm doing much better now and if it wasn't for that win, I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I'm at now in life.

I'm not a great poker player by any means, but I was great for that one tournament and I'm glad it was that tournament to be great in.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

my life was a HELL HOLE back then man. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post

2006, was 18 and living on my own. Dropped out of high school senior year because mom and I were always getting into arguments. She said I wasn't worth shyt so she kicked me out. Ended up sleeping at friends houses for awhile until was able to get my GED. Looked to enroll in army, but they didn't accept dropouts, so ended up getting a job at a fast food joint and saving my money trying to figure out what my next move was. Was paying rent at friends place, but there were a couple of times where I'd degen my checks betting on sports and buying weed and didn't have money for rent at times, so i ended up getting kicked out and convincing another friend to let me pay rent there.

Back then, poker was all the rage and was amazed at how people were winning millions of dollars on tv playing a card game. Didn't know how to play, so taught myself how to on free party poker tables after I got off work. When I finally thought I'd got the hang of it, I deposited portions of my check and got my ass handed to me and ended up losing quick. One thing would lead to another and I ended up gambling my rent money away and got kicked out in the process.

Had no where else to go and the few family I had lived on the other side of the country. So after work, I'd sleep in my busted up piece of shit honda in quiet areas like travelers rest stops and would go to sleep reading books on how to become a poker pro. I'm close to 19 at this point and still living a nomads life. One day at work a female coworker asked where I lived and I flat out told her I live in my car. She laughed and didn't think I was serious until I showed her dirty ass clothes in the trunk. We got the talking and told me she knew a place where I could stay where rent was cheap. Ended up paying only $250 a month at this old ladies house. Her place always smelled bad, but it was WAY better than sleeping in the car and she was always cooking meals free of charge!

Ended up buying a laptop from a pawnshop and started playing on pokerstars and once again started degening my checks, but rent was so low that I would pay her before I started fccking up. About a 5-6 months later, her grandson shows up and wants me out. We got into a fight that he started and she ended up taking his side over mines. Well once again I'm homeless, but still have my laptop. The time I was there, I had built a bankroll of $2,000 from a $100 deposit, so I was thinking about cashing out. I used a local wifi spot to login and said fcck it, "I need more money than this, so instead of cashing out, I took the entire roll and played at very high limits thinking I could double it up and cash it out. Instead I ended up losing it all and man was I depressed. Sitting in my car in the dark by some building with a busted bankroll.

I didn't even feel like going into work the next day, so I ended up getting fired because the manager was extremely busy and I never called to say I couldn't make it in. So now I'm broke, jobless and homeless.

I parked my car in a safe area and took the bus so I wouldn't have to pay for gas and went looking for another job. Couldn't find anything, so I took my laptop and went to a wifi spot to put in some applications online. For some reason, I ended up logging into my pokerstars account and it showed $0. I noticed I had a lot of FPPS, but didn't know what they were used for. After reading up on it, I found out they could be used to play in tournaments. I had just enough to play in a sit and go and ended up winning $150. Took the money and played in a heads up match for close to the amount I won and ended up beating him. So now I was close to $300. I thought to myself that I should cashout and use the money for gas and food, but I saw the Sunday Million was about to start in about an hour, so I started going back and forth with myself on just cashing out or playing in it. I have never played in the Sunday Million before, so this was completely new to me. As the tourney got closer, I decided to play in it and I knew I had to play my ass off as my life was on the line. Lasted for hours and I was zoned in the entire time.

Hours had passed and I was starting to think I actually had a chance to make some serious cash, so I started looking at the payout structure. A couple more hours had passed and I was still in it. I was running like God winning hands I had no business winning and ended up making it all the way to the final table and finished in 5th place for just a little over $40,000 and ended up cashing it ALL OUT. I have never been able to replicate that run in the Sunday Million.

I truly believe someone was watching over me that day, because after 10 years, i still can't believe it actually happened. Took the money and made it work for me.

That is my story.
    Awesome story, I definitely believe that. And back in the early to mid 2000s poker was all the rage and a lot easier. I wish I would've gotten kicked out in life earlier, would've built a lot more character than I currently possess.

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

my life was a HELL HOLE back then man. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.
    Glad to see your doing better. Keep those beaver winners coming!!!!!

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    Awesome story, I definitely believe that. And back in the early to mid 2000s poker was all the rage and a lot easier. I wish I would've gotten kicked out in life earlier, would've built a lot more character than I currently possess.
    yep, poker was advertised everywhere back then. everyone was talking about it. I've tried playing in the Sunday Million a few times after that before all of the big sites got closed off in 2011 and I've never been able to get very deep in that tournament. The farthest I was able to get was getting my buy in back with a little extra.

Amazing the things you can do when ones back is literally to the wall.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

weak

jjgold

money mngt no rock bottom

learn men

Yeh I had a bookie dangle my ankles over a ledge to pay and it changed me years ago

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

That is my story.

You bet on yourself, and won.

Well, done. Well done.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    weak
    Tell us about the time you almost noosed yourself or about the time you gagged on a black dildo

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

sorry can't relate ive always been a fukkin winner

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

I got you all beat

But not going to rehash here...do some reading on SBR, the RX , eog. Etc

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Won lots of money one year gambling. Since then have steadily lost. Never hit rock bottom but can't really afford to bet real money that often.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post

I got you all beat

using your child in a scam was the lowest point

Last edited by Sam Odom; 06-21-16 at 11:23 AM.

pet2150
    pet2150's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 429

That is my story.
    Great story dude!!

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Have you reconciled with your mom after?

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Nothing too extreme, but I was a moron nontheless. I was playing online roulette at Pinnacle, I was doing well betting 1 dollar a spin then chasing if I lost (1, 2, 4, 8 etc). Won about a couple hundred. You can probably finish this story without reading the rest. Lost around 2 grand one night which was intended for my tuition. I was about 21 at the time. I get the shakes just looking at an online casino now ha. Lesson learned, lucky it wasnt something that buried me.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Wow! These are crazy stories!! You guys are sick fukks.

I mean, I've sucked a few cokks to fuel my meth habit and all....but sleeping in a car?? Fukk that noise!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by tb1984 View Post
    Have you reconciled with your mom after?
    Nope. My heart went cold a long time ago. She was an alcoholic and still is. Had piece of shyt scumbag boyfriends sleeping over and would get mad at me whenever her relationships didn't work out because she would always say they don't work out because I'm still living at home (even though I was still in high school) and they don't want to be with her because of me. That one point she got so upset that she kicked me out and said she would call the cops if I came back. When you're homeless in the middle of the winter living in your car with no heat and have no idea what your next move in life is as you sit pondering what you are going to do while struggling to keep warm in some dimly lit parking lot at night day in and day out freezing your ass off, you begin building up a lot of hate and anger and I have been using that hate and anger ever since and it has provided me a very comfortable life at the age of 29.

Took that money, got back in school, found another job and found a similar cheap place to rent for $250 a month. In my spare time, I'd go to garage sales, thrift shops and flea markets and started buying up retro video games for cheap and would flip them. Would find games for as little as $1 and would turn around and sell it on ebay for at times up to $300 for just a single game depending on the games rarity. Would hold on to certain games I knew would explode in value in a few years and would sell them for a crazy amount. I still do it in my spare time, but not nearly as much as I have shifted my attention to other money making opportunities for the past 5-6 years and they have paid off big time.

In a sick and twisted way, I'm thankful for it, because I got to see how cruel and cold this world is. No one gives a fcck about you out there. It's a dog eat dog world and you either fight for your survival or you die off.
    Last edited by BigBusiness; 06-21-16 at 04:29 PM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Great story BigBiz!

What parking lot are you sitting on right now, man? I wanna stop by and shake your hand!

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Great story BigBiz!

What parking lot are you sitting on right now, man?

Good stories so far everyone. Lets keep it going.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    weak
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Tell us about the time you almost noosed yourself or about the time you gagged on a black dildo
    He would, jake, but this is a "rock bottom" thread and those are 2 of tt's life highlights so....

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

12 Last