Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Horry had 7 rings

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Going by your Logic, Robert Horry 6 rings LOL.
    Steve Kerr also better...got 5 rings in less time.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

winning the game last night isn't what cemented lebron as a legend, coming back from being down 1-3 with the performances he had including game 7 sealed that deal. GSW could have hit just a few extra 3s and won, and it shouldn't change anything that is being said about Lebron today.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

J.R. Smith now has a ring.

Therefore J.R. Smith is better than Karl Malone

afgballer56
    afgballer56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

kobe a different breed than lebron
    his intensity and passion were unmatched

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    J.R. Smith now has a ring.

Therefore J.R. Smith is better than Karl Malone

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

So which NBA Finals game was memorable for Kobe? He was really good in those Western Conference Finals game throughout his career, but I don't really remember any great game Kobe had in a NBA Finals like Lebron did.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    LeBron loses credit by bouncing over to Miami to a loaded team just to win two titles. Kobe didn't have to leave the Lakers to get his titles. One on one though Bron would kick his ass!
    Lebron's "loaded" Miami team was no more loaded than you average NBA championship squad, and in many cases less. It was a top heavy roster with the gaps filled in by scrubs.

And don't kid yourself, Kobe's teams were loaded too.

Honestly what difference does it make how each player finds himself on a title team? If the Shaq's or the Pau Gasol's of the hoops world came-a-knockin' during Lebron's original stint in Cleveland, he may have stayed too. It just wasn't in the cards. You gonna penalize him for that? Makes zero sense.

chacharu33
    chacharu33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1292

This is not even debatable....Lebron has surpassed Kobe long ago..LBJ didnt even need to win this year to justify that. remember folks..NBA is a TEAM game and all GMs are taking Lebron over Kobe to start their franchise.

TheHaus
    TheHaus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Kobe played with better players

Kobe not half all around player Lebron is
    when kobe had paul gasol as his best other player he played with better players?

dude stop

wade and kyrie and thompson and bosh and love the list goes on

just stop

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Kobe!

Kobe!

Kobe!

Kobe!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

So which NBA Finals game was memorable for Kobe? He was really good in those Western Conference Finals game throughout his career, but I don't really remember any great game Kobe had in a NBA Finals like Lebron did.
    I would argue that the Western Conference title was the de facto championship every year but one where Kobe won a championship. But no matter, LeBron is now the best. We can close the books boys! Shut her down D Silver!!

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by TheHaus View Post

when kobe had paul gasol as his best other player he played with better players?

dude stop

wade and kyrie and thompson and bosh and love the list goes on

just stop
    Please, you're naming guys from two different teams. Like I said, the Heat were top heavy with the Big Three.

How about Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, Ron Artest, Trevor Ariza, Derek Fisher from just the post-Shaq title teams? You think they may have provided a better overall lift than, say, Mario freakin' Chalmers?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

main thing when I think about kobe in the finals is 4th quarter game 7 finals vs boston in LA. I don't blame the lakers but holy shit that was obviously a crooked ref job. I'm talking worse than steelers/seahawks superbowl, so obvious you feel stupid for watching because they clearly think you, the viewer, are an idiot.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    main thing when I think about kobe in the finals is 4th quarter game 7 finals vs boston in LA. I don't blame the lakers but holy shit that was obviously a crooked ref job. I'm talking worse than steelers/seahawks superbowl, so obvious you feel stupid for watching because they clearly think you, the viewer, are an idiot.
    Yep, it was atrocious. The refs were willing to let the teams duel it out for three quarters and when it became apparent that the Lakers were floundering, the officials intervened to ensure another Laker championship. Kobe was garbage from the field that game too.

Funny how the haters are willing to discount one of Lebron's titles on account of a Ray Allen (who is in fact a basketball player) jumpshot but are far more forgiving when an an entire officiating crew gifted Kobe one of his.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Yep, it was atrocious. The refs were willing to let the teams duel it out for three quarters and when it became apparent that the Lakers were floundering, the officials intervened to ensure another Laker championship. Kobe was garbage from the field that game too.

Funny how the haters are willing to discount one of Lebron's titles on account of a Ray Allen (who is in fact a basketball player) jumpshot but are far more forgiving when an an entire officiating crew gifted Kobe one of his.
    The league stepped in this finals that just ended. Did you forget that?

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

The league stepped in this finals that just ended. Did you forget that?
    How so? The officiating was relatively even... neither team was a big beneficiary of the whistles.

The game 7 of Celts/Lakers was a travesty, recalling the classic 2002 Kings/Lakers debacle.

Eddy Munny

If you're referring to the Draymond suspension, well, first of all, if he's not cracking nuts on multiple occasions in the postseason, he plays. He has ownership in the matter. Second of all, the remaining players were allowed to compete to their fullest and failed.

The officials in the Celts/LA series robbed the players of a chance to determine the outcome. Big difference.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Lebron is miles ahead of Kobe.

The only reason people call Kobe more of a fierce competitor is because he scowls.

Talent wise, it ain't even close. And I'm a Lakers fan!

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, and Lebron are the best ever. Just ask them. They played in the me 1st era. None of them could hold Magic, Bird and around 40 other older player's jock. Continue with the insanity.

Muller Rose
    Muller Rose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Both of them are great! End of story!

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I say yes. Lebron joins MJ, Bill Russell, and Kareem to be the only player to win 3 NBA Finals MVP.
    3 Finals MVP in 7 LESS SEASONS.. AND played MOST of those in a SMALL MARKET

people take paycuts to play WITH LeBron...

people take PAYCUTS to get AWAY from Kobe

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Kobe not even in my top 10. Massively overrated ball hog who benefited from Shaq in his prime. Only thing impressive is he got drafted from high school. Guys a complete moron cheating on his smoking hot Latina wife for some random chick but thats another story for another time

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    3 Finals MVP in 7 LESS SEASONS.. AND played MOST of those in a SMALL MARKET

people take paycuts to play WITH LeBron...

people take PAYCUTS to get AWAY from Kobe

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

Quote Originally Posted by chacharu33 View Post
    This is not even debatable....Lebron has surpassed Kobe long ago..LBJ didnt even need to win this year to justify that. remember folks..NBA is a TEAM game and all GMs are taking Lebron over Kobe to start their franchise.
    Have to agree with this, if they were both in their prime right now, every single NBA team is taking LeBron over kobe. If there were odds on it books would have LeBron to be picked first -600 , kobe +800.

First 12