gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    So then there is always a threat of gators?
    In Orlando, yes. Funny enough I have been there 5 or 6 times and had never seen one until my last trip there. But the understanding (at least mine) is that they're everywhere.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The father was walking the child along the beach and the gator grabbed him/her quickly. He tried to grab the Gator but it was gone in an instance. OMG.
    Were there any witnesses? Has Dad taken a polygraph?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

So then there is always a threat of gators?
    Got this from someone who lives near the hotel.

The lagoon hotels hold "movie nights" on the sand, with folding chairs set up all along the beach area, where guests can also sit to watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. It is common to see children playing in that area in the evening while their parents sit nearby.
    Gators can run in short bursts up to 35 mph over land. If a toddler wandered within twenty feet of the water where one was submerged, the animal could take it in the blink of an eye, no matter how close the parent is - and, this being a Disney vacation, the parents were no doubt very close. Disney is vigilant about relocating big gators that wander into its waterways, but the animals can and do travel miles in a day, particularly this time of year.

Mac4Lyfe

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    In Orlando, yes. Funny enough I have been there 5 or 6 times and had never seen one until my last trip there. But the understanding (at least mine) is that they're everywhere.
    I knew Florida had alligators, I was under the assumption this was some kind of controlled man-made lake. I didn't realize that it was the real deal.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Sad.

Kermit

Got this from someone who lives near the hotel.

The lagoon hotels hold "movie nights" on the sand, with folding chairs set up all along the beach area, where guests can also sit to watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. It is common to see children playing in that area in the evening while their parents sit nearby.
    Gators can run in short bursts up to 35 mph over land. If a toddler wandered within twenty feet of the water where one was submerged, the animal could take it in the blink of an eye, no matter how close the parent is - and, this being a Disney vacation, the parents were no doubt very close. Disney is vigilant about relocating big gators that wander into its waterways, but the animals can and do travel miles in a day, particularly this time of year.
    Holy shit.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Were there any witnesses? Has Dad taken a polygraph?
    There were several witnesses including the mother who also ran into the water after the child too late.

In Florida there is one rule to remember... If there is water, there is a good chance there's alligators. Gators travel many miles a day from all kind of tributaries. It is not uncommon for people to come home to a gator on their porch or in their swimming pools in some areas. I went to the University of Florida and we had a small pond in front of my dorm. One semester a 3 foot alligator just showed up and made it his home. Hundreds of kids would walk and ride their bikes pass the pond everyday while he would often bask in the sun in the nearby grass. About a year and a half later that damn thing grew to about 5 feet and looked huge. I think kids were feeding him or something. Fish and wildlife eventually removed him but luckily no one got hurt.

I remember one time there was a giant gator walking right down university avenue. He was like 13 feet and prancing on his hind legs right in the middle of the street.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Wow, that's awful. Poor kid, and damn, feel terrible for the family. Not sure how you move on from something so crazy like that shit happening.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Orlando can't catch a break lately unreal

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

There were several witnesses including the mother who also ran into the water after the child too late.

In Florida there is one rule to remember... If there is water, there is a good chance there's alligators. Gators travel many miles a day from all kind of tributaries. It is not uncommon for people to come home to a gator on their porch or in their swimming pools in some areas. I went to the University of Florida and we had a small pond in front of my dorm. One semester a 3 foot alligator just showed up and made it his home. Hundreds of kids would walk and ride their bikes pass the pond everyday while he would often bask in the sun in the nearby grass. About a year and a half later that damn thing grew to about 5 feet and looked huge. I think kids were feeding him or something. Fish and wildlife eventually removed him but luckily no one got hurt.

I remember one time there was a giant gator walking right down university avenue. He was like 13 feet and prancing on his hind legs right in the middle of the street.

Have one cousin that wrestled gators. Had another cousin went to high school with one of the gator boys. She was val. of tebow's class then worked on my uncles ranch messing with deer piss . Got tired of that and got her mba from duke. She is sort of outcast because she is liberal. lol

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3447

I remember going to Gatorland when I was a kid,some of the Alligators they had were quite massive.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 06-15-16 at 02:49 AM.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I am still no getting this, this is a Disney property where families gather to have fun, and there are alligators there? There are no fences or anything like that to keep the alligators in their own area?
    If it would have been a Trump Resort property, you know he would have built a wall to keep them gators out.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663, and Ted Sheckler

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Orlando can't catch a break lately unreal
    Uh huh.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Uh huh.
    As i previously stated 'bad luck runs in 3's

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Been living in south Florida for the Last decade or so, never seen a gator.... Heard stories like the one Mac mentioned above. Small gators in canals etc...

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Terrible news , can't imagine the pain and suffering

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10263

Travesty.
    Gators,
    Pythons and large reptiles should be shot on sight.
    Evolution has rendered them meaningless.

Remember going thru the Everglades on a M
    iccosukee airboat...
    We stopped at an island with gator wrasslars.
    Ridiculous,
    Shoot those varmants into Tomorrowland.

mets119218
    mets119218's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3814

Living in south Florida these things are everywhere. We even had one in our pool. I see people every day walking their dogs without leashes near bodies of water or allowing their kids to get in the water near the edges. It's asking for trouble. Growing up in Tennessee I use to swim in lakes so this was a change for me when I moved here. This story is so sad and as a father of a 13 year old I can only imagine how seeing this happen in front of your eyes will effect you for the rest of your life. Horrible story

mets119218

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    Been living in south Florida for the Last decade or so, never seen a gator.... Heard stories like the one Mac mentioned above. Small gators in canals etc...
    Wow you have been lucky I live west of Palm beach and we see them everywhere here. They just are part of life. Only animal that puts the fear of God in me

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by mets119218 View Post
    Wow you have been lucky I live west of Palm beach and we see them everywhere here. They just are part of life. Only animal that puts the fear of God in me
    https://ourplnt.com/worlds-5-largest...ever-recorded/

I've actually had a closeup with number 5 haha

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Ok, so there were not supposed to be any alligators there at all.
    You can't have a mud puddle in Florida without a gator in it. My next door neighbor had a small one Under his driveway last week after the storm.

Awful story

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

This is sad news

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

Florida not a safe place to live then guys is it.

mets119218

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    https://ourplnt.com/worlds-5-largest...ever-recorded/

I've actually had a closeup with number 5 haha
    That thing is huge and I can't image being in the area with bull sharks and that. You guys have every poisonous and dangerous animal know to man

Down here in the glades we have reports of the man eating Nile crocodiles. Something else that was brought here that we don't need

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

RIP

this shouldn't have happened. The amount of negligence is pretty astounding. A resort mainly for children that has a lake with an alligator population, and apparently this area didn't have any signs warning of gators or fencing at the shore. They should have either made the lake an alligator exhibit or pay some crew to keep gators out 24/7.

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

Disney will get sued for 100 million easily. No beware signs for alligator

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

How come there are no conspiracy theorists yet saying it never happened? Where are you guys? Rumor is the alligator was an actor.

Mac4Lyfe

I've been in the office all morning. Have they found him yet?

Kermit

I've been in the office all morning. Have they found him yet?
    I heard they pulled 4 gators from out of the water to check their stomachs.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

hate to say it

not great parenting ..why is kid right near water at night??????????????

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Ban wild beasts from private properties. People will never learn to put humans in harm's way.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

better ban gators. they're even more deadly than guns

now, just like the poor damn gorilla pays the ultimate price for dumb human activity, dozens of gators are now being slaughtered near the resort so the "authorities" can search for the remains of the kid whose dumbass parents wanted to take pictures of him swimming in a f'n pond.....

more stupid human activity and the resulting impact of such conduct being to kill animals for what they do........

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

Oh, there were plenty more than just this. One of my friends on Facebook made a similar comment talking about white privilidge at the zoo. Of course she deleted it after the truth came out. She still looked like a complete ass. though.
    what truth came out?
    i genuinely dont know

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

so the parents knew their was a gator in water?

First 12345 Last