arie1985
    arie1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3140

Game 3 - GSW @ CAVS - UNDER/OVER 206.5 - WHY?

Game 5 TOR @ CLE - UNDER
    Game 6 CLE @ TOR - OVER
    Game 6 GSW @ OKC - UNDER
    Game 7 OKC @ GSW - UNDER
    Game 1 CLE @ GSW - UNDER
    Game 2 CLE @ GSW - UNDER

2 regular season games between GSW and CLE - one went HUGE UNDER and one went HUGE OVER.

Last year (2015):

Game 1: 208 points (with OVERTIME!)
    Game 2: 188 points (with OVERTIME!)
    Game 3: 187 points
    Game 4: 185 points
    Game 5: 195 points
    Game 6: 202 points

There was only 1 time when they scored so much - 208 points, in the playoffs and that had to be with overtime as well....

SO....

Why the line is so inflated??

206.5 ?

Where is the catch?

Yes, I know GSW used to score and be in tons of 200+ games but it seems like GSW with the Cavs is not a good combination for lots of scoring - so why is the line so inflated?

Do you think for Game 3 things could change and break a very big record here? Or this is all set as a trap again and again for the "OVER" bettors?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Books are simply giving gifts. I mean GS -6 for game 1&2??? Too easy.

arie1985

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Books are simply giving gifts. I mean GS -6 for game 1&2??? Too easy.
    Okay, but how is that related to this over/under thread?

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

cavs get a 100

arie1985

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    cavs get a 100
    If you think Cavs score around 100 points, then if GS loses then it goes under 200 ... !
    And if GS wins then it probably goes over the line of 206.5 ...

Still,
    I don't seem to understand it....

First game we had 198.5 at half time, went under (1H under, 2H under)....
    Second game we had 194.5 at half time, went under (1H under, 2H under)....

It could still go 1H over and 2H under or vice versa ...

There are many more reasons to back the "UNDER" here but also after having too many under games we should expect some change ... so it's very difficult to understand why the line makers reduce the total line by 1-2 points only ...

Are they expecting better performance from the Cavs?

Some feeling I think if Love doesn't play then the line would go even lower and that's actually a good spot for "Over" backers, because without Love there is less defense, and less defense means more scoring.

But that's just a thought ... I honestly don't know how this will develop 2 days from now.

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

i think over might be the play in this one..

GS OKC series was 2 low scoring in GS, then G3 moved to OKC and it went WAYYYY over the total

arie1985

Quote Originally Posted by iloseagain View Post
    i think over might be the play in this one..

GS OKC series was 2 low scoring in GS, then G3 moved to OKC and it went WAYYYY over the total
    Thinking likewise ...
    But it could always be Game 3 that goes under and Game 4 that goes over - or we can have an "under train" all the way as well ... I think the fact it's harder to bet the over now makes it more attractive bet, so I tend to agree with you .... last night taking GS minus the points was the harder bet to place, psychologically speaking ... and it seems like the only winning bets are the ones that are very hard to take psychologically (i.e. implying Cavs win game 3 then as well?)

iloseagain

yea i wouldnt be surprised if cavs won game 3, but i think it would come down to a close game, and i think GS has a HUGE advantage in close games. Lebron just is not a closer and Cavs do not have a closer like GS does. GS has a bunch of guys who are not afraid to shoot at the end of games and Curry is one of the best at shooting those clutch shots. Unless Cavs blow them out, i think GS would win the majority of close games between these 2 teams.

arie1985

yea i wouldnt be surprised if cavs won game 3, but i think it would come down to a close game, and i think GS has a HUGE advantage in close games. Lebron just is not a closer and Cavs do not have a closer like GS does. GS has a bunch of guys who are not afraid to shoot at the end of games and Curry is one of the best at shooting those clutch shots. Unless Cavs blow them out, i think GS would win the majority of close games between these 2 teams.
    OKC stole a game from GS in the Oracle and won by 6 points, that was game 1 ...
    I don't believe the NBA operates based on athleticism, if it was then series should have ended 4-0 ages ago...

You should note how the oddsmakers run the lines in game ... the NBA has become a completely 100% trading platform, it has no logic, or actually it has logic ... of its own ... and only those who manage to read that logic are the ones making money with it.

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by arie1985 View Post
    OKC stole a game from GS in the Oracle and won by 6 points, that was game 1 ...
    I don't believe the NBA operates based on athleticism, if it was then series should have ended 4-0 ages ago...

You should note how the oddsmakers run the lines in game ... the NBA has become a completely 100% trading platform, it has no logic, or actually it has logic ... of its own ... and only those who manage to read that logic are the ones making money with it.
    i honestly have no clue what this means in relation to what i said

arie1985

i honestly have no clue what this means in relation to what i said
    It just means Game 1 was tight and OKC won it, despite GS playing at home and having many players as you described who can win a game.

It's okay though .... I don't think GS is heading to 6 or 7 games with these series, and just like you mentioned the over looks better here, I tend to agree.

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by arie1985 View Post
    It just means Game 1 was tight and OKC won it, despite GS playing at home and having many players as you described who can win a game.

It's okay though .... I don't think GS is heading to 6 or 7 games with these series, and just like you mentioned the over looks better here, I tend to agree.
    i was talking about the GS/Cle series though.. Not the OKC series. Im saying in THIS series, GS has many more closers than Cle. Hence why these games seem to be relatively close for a decent part of the game, and then GS blows it open. We havent really seen a close finish yet, but maybe in G3 we will see what happens if Cle is up or down 1-3 pts late. I think GS will end up winning in most of these situations AGAINST cleveland.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Absolutely refuse to play Totals in the NBA...and haven't in 10 years...admire anyone who has the moxy to do so....somethings off with the number...

arie1985

I was thinking about it more and more and I cannot see how the Cavs can even get to score 100 in Game 3.

Let's say LeBron is playing the game of his life (and that's a big IF) and he scores 45 points, which again is extremely big IF ... and say Irving plays the game of his life and scores 25 points... again ... that's a big IF .... 45 + 25 = 70 points

That's the only scenario where the Cavs can even reach 100 points, because then if Love is out you got only Thompson (10 points?) and Frye, JR Smith and Richardson who can help the Cavs to score 100 points or more...

But that requires LeBron and Irving to score 70 point altogether ... extremely unlikely !!

A more feasible scenario is:

LeBron = 30 points
    Irving = 20 points
    Thompson = 15 points
    Frye = 10 points
    Richardson = 15 points
    JR Smith = 20 points (scoring some 3's)

This is the only way the Cavs score 110 points, and only then the OVER can hit ....

Seems much more plausible for the UNDER to hit again, don't you think??

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would buck the trend in this game

Cleveland due to shoot well

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

Why under?? Because cleveland likes to play slow. I also think this game will go under because cavs cant play run n gun with gsw.. that would be suicidal because gsw got too many shooters... i see cavs takes it nice n slow but will lose tbis game as well... if tbey do win it will be by a small margin.

arie1985

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I would buck the trend in this game

Cleveland due to shoot well
    Which means you would go over or under?

redbull
    redbull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 343

lockdown game
    hit under
    ugly perform jr smit and the king vs iggy , love clown

JE
    JE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over.
    Why? Warriors win 109-101
    109+101=210 which is greater than 206.5.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by redbull View Post
    lockdown game
    hit under
    ugly perform jr smit and the king vs iggy , love clown
    love is out

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Quote Originally Posted by JE View Post
    Over.
    Why? Warriors win 109-101
    109+101=210 which is greater than 206.5.
    "I've been a Warriors fan for 18 months so the Warriors will win"

JE
    JE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Been a warriors fan since they drafted Joe Smith from Maryland back in 95 ... Been through all the misery now they are on top !

vegaschulo
    vegaschulo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2689

Warriors can easily score 130 points on them..warriors is the pick here.