Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24743

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Millions of people have visited that zoo, and only 1 person has ever fallen into the gorilla pit. Yet some of you will sit here and seriously defend the mom or the zoo like none of them were negligent and it's just something that happens. Smdh. I've said it before and I'll say it again, everyone involved in this situation was wrong. You guys on this forum with children aren't that naive to let that happen to your own kids. If it was your kid you would've done everything you could've to protect him. Grabbed his hand, dove and snatched him up if you saw him breaching the fence etc. Let's just all be glad that the kid is okay. It's bad enough the gorilla is dead, would've been a lot worse if the kid was seriously injured also, but I heard he's fine which is the best possible outcome. Ali just died RIP greatest.

Wait, you muscle out a long-winded paragraph about somebody's misfortune at the zoo, but only dedicate a tiny little blurb at the end to the passing of the great Cassius Clay? What kind of sick person does that? Are you dancing on the grave of the GOAT?

I'm curious as to what gives you the right to barge in here with such ill intent? Why would you carry on about some monkey and a 4-year-old and their chance meeting on the monkey's turf, but relegate a boxing legend to a mere addendum... and a snarky, insincere one at that.

I can't stop shaking my damn head over here and I may lobby for you to serve a suspension here at SBR.

In fact, I will start the petition right now...

Dear fellow members of SBR, if you are as outraged as I am at the audacity and disrespect of "habitual winning" (whom I've never fukking heard of pal) then please deposit one betpoint into my account. After I have accrued no less than 20 betpoints from 20 disgruntled individuals perturbed by the aforementioned poster's misdeeds, I will forward the information to Shari and have this offender banned for at least a week, and make him ponder the error of his ways... the bastard!

Now start firing away those betpoints. Rest assured it's going to a great cause: forum etiquette and it's dogged enforcement.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Points Awarded:

habitualwinning gave TheMoneyShot 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Mom did nothing wrong here.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Mom did nothing wrong here.
    Neither did the gorilla
    Points Awarded:

habitualwinning gave Smoke 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Oh so now you're an expert on tranquilizers

Please stop
    he is actually spot on. i was there a year ago taking my nephew and niece. the enclosure has been there for 30 years and no one went in there. there was 3 barriers that the kid had to overcome. who ever put that picture of the mother up is totally wrong.she is a fat black woman as are most of the women in that family.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Mac....if we can't judge people unfairly harsh from behind a keyboard....then what's really the point of all this??

And as far as me and that gorilla throwing hands...I can tell you right now that shit would've gone down. I ain't saying Harembe wouldn't have eventually come out on top, but that silverback motherfukker would've definitely known he been in a fight, you dig? First thing I would do is get that bitch in an arm bar, and he either gonna tap out, or leave that motherfukkin enclosure with a compound fracture. Imma damn sure get my motherfukkin licks in on his black ass.

I don't play, Mac.
    opie i don't doubt you would of tried but you wouldn't last 5 secs. so there would be a dead opie and child. in college i worked for a naturalist . i had to work with hawks, raccoons and other animals. iseen what damage a 20 pound raccoon could do to a 200lb man.i could only imagine the damage a 450 lb primate can do. jack hannah is in charge of the columbus zoo, he said it was the right call. he also said never look them in the eye.said he forgot and one charge until he drop his eyes. but he have never been so scared in his life.

chico2663

chico2663

also i know the prosecutor. drank brews with him few times. if he thought there was a case than he would prosecute. deters is tough guy.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Same exact shit happened in Chicago like 20 years ago and the gorilla didn't get shot and the kid survived and was fine. 3 year old kid got loose from negligent mother and fell into the moat. Gorilla swooped down and snatched him up. All the ignorant onlookers screaming the whole time and the overzealous militant mindset our country has devolved to over the past decades did him in. The solution to problems in this country is shoot it first, ask questions later. Cops shoot unarmed teens in the back, zookeepers shoot endangered species. Consequences of the same ghetto, combative mindset.

I'm under the opinion that everyone is wrong in this situation. The kid is wrong for being so stupid or naive. The mother is wrong for being negligent, especially after hearing the comments by witnesses saying the kid threatened to jump several times prior to actually doing it. The zoo is wrong for not taking safety seriously and building an exhibit that can't be easily breached. Finally the person who shot the gorilla, the zoo guard or cop or whoever it was, was incorrect.

That's one of the most abhorrent displays of hypocrisy that I've seen in this country since I've been alive. They basically imprison animals that are endangered and repopulate them using everyone's tax dollars and donations but then bust a cap in said animals before the process is complete. Nothing was accomplished by having that gorilla in the zoo. Wasted everyone's money, the gorilla's life and didn't even accomplish the goal which was to breed the endangered species and repopulate it. Who cares though really, cause nothing can be done about it now. It's always easy to play armchair QB. Bottom line is this could've been prevented if either the mother or zoo were more prudent. Complacency kills and this is just another example of that.
    that was female. they protect where as males re meant to protect,

redbull
    redbull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 343

If in planet of apes . They shoot the child. ..and the mom ( maybe)

First ... 3456