Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Sounds like more hogwash.
    Not an argument.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tell me where you disagree jtoler.

1. The majority of the anti-war movement during the Bush years where mainstream leftists, minorities included libertarians and more hard line leftists.

a. After Bush was replaced with Obama a majority of the mainstream left protesters no longer participated in the movement.

b. After Bush was replaced with Obama a majority of the libertarian protesters remained.

c. After Bush was replaced with Obama support from the more hard line leftists protesters began to wane and a majority eventually no longer participated in the movement.

The only possible point of contention is c and I've made that assertion given their support for the arab spring and calling for interventionism during that period.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

I believe the reason protests waned was due to the fact that Obama had campaigned on ending the wars and many took him at face value for it.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    How can you be an anti-war libertarian and not agree with said point?

It's a consensus.
    There you go again trying to define me. Every U.S. citizen that Ive ever known has been anti-war whether they supported any war here at any time or not, whether they knew it or not.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    I believe the reason protests waned was due to the fact that Obama had campaigned on ending the wars and many took him at face value for it.
    It's rather pathetic to be that non-engaged.

I can't buy that, if it were true they should have been furious once they realized they were lied to, yet instead they were supporting the arab spring and calling for interventionism.

Remember that Kony 2012 campaign? Hard line leftists pushing for interventionism and mainstream leftist taking the bait.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    There you go again trying to define me. Every U.S. citizen that Ive ever known has been anti-war whether they supported any war here at any time or not, whether they knew it or not.
    It's a fair response to your accusation of my point being hogwash, you need to understand the validity of what you're attempting to rail against.

Feelings don't matter, policy does.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

It's rather pathetic to be that non-engaged.

I can't buy that, if it were true they should have been furious once they realized they were lied to, yet instead they were supporting the arab spring and calling for interventionism.

Remember that Kony 2012 campaign? Hard line leftists pushing for interventionism and mainstream leftist taking the bait.
    He did get them out, blame Bush.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Cosmopolitan leftists have a tendency to overlook war atrocities committed against the Germans, during and post war.

They perpetuate this myth of a good war and use it to justify interventionism, the anti-war left is actually very scarce. This is demonstrated by the anti-war protests during the Bush years supporting Bush policy simply because Obama was its new face.
    They seem to let the Japs off the hook ive noticed if anything,people only bring up the Nazis, and Hitler but I guarantee most people wouldn't have a clue who Japans leader was,and he was just as nasty. Ever heard of the film bridge on the river kwai.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 05-30-16 at 01:03 AM.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    As I said earlier, Germany was already defeated when we dropped nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I'll say it again since it appears it needs repeating... The war in Europe was over months before that. Germany had already surrendered.
    F@ck sake you have the iq of a pot plant.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    F@ck sake you have the iq of a pot plant.
    Right. Because when someone makes an argument that an already defeated Germany was STILL racing to attain nuclear capabilities, it's completely irrelevant to mention that they had already surrendered before the nukes were dropped on Japan.

It had absolutely zero potential affect on the war outside of Indo-Asia. When the bombs kill several hundred thousand and affect hundreds of thousands more with genetic defects and disease, obviously your argument that it saved millions of lives is complete bullshit.

You're left having to resort to ad hominem attacks since your argument is shit.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

It's comforting to know that big-brained packerd_00 and Islamic terrorists think alike though.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Tell me where you disagree jtoler.

1. The majority of the anti-war movement during the Bush years where mainstream leftists, minorities included libertarians and more hard line leftists.

a. After Bush was replaced with Obama a majority of the mainstream left protesters no longer participated in the movement.

b. After Bush was replaced with Obama a majority of the libertarian protesters remained.

c. After Bush was replaced with Obama support from the more hard line leftists protesters began to wane and a majority eventually no longer participated in the movement.

The only possible point of contention is c and I've made that assertion given their support for the arab spring and calling for interventionism during that period.
    The hard-line right-winger that has Hunter S. Thompson as his moniker is trying to stick everyone in a box. Lol

It is never that simple and if anyone should know that it's you, "Dr. Gonzo". Sheesh

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    What good is a weapon if you can't see what it does to human flesh?

We already retaliated with a suicide mission to Japan. Remember the bombing raid off an aircraft carrier?
    The one way trip? The planes had to ditch in China? Men were killed in their aircraft and by the Chinese?

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

More people died in the fire bombing of Tokyo in 1945 than died at Nagasaki and Hiroshima combined. So why get so upset about the atom bombs?

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    They seem to let the Japs off the hook ive noticed if anything,people only bring up the Nazis, and Hitler but I guarantee most people wouldn't have a clue who Japans leader was,and he was just as nasty. Ever heard of the film bridge on the river kwai.
    It's because the left is openly anti-white at this point.

It's still a big issue in Asia and it used to be in Oceania, a relative of my was a POW in a Japanese camp.

Yeah, it's a good film from a good director.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    The hard-line right-winger that has Hunter S. Thompson as his moniker is trying to stick everyone in a box. Lol

It is never that simple and if anyone should know that it's you, "Dr. Gonzo". Sheesh
    I'll continue to talk about groups as groups, if you don't like it, I don't care.

Are we aloud any growth as individuals? I consider myself a pragmatic libertarian, none of my views are at odds with Murray Rothbard.

Hunter S. Thompson was a man for his time, similar to someone like Bill Hicks, they don't fit in with today’s left. When someone like Milo Yiannopoulos is an advocate for "conservative" causes you know things have changed.
    Last edited by Dr.Gonzo; 05-31-16 at 01:05 AM.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18900

The truth is we didn't need to drop the bomb on Japan. We dropped it to show the Russia's we had it & were willing to use it.

It was about starting the cold war & the permanent war economy.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

for some reason I thought of this commercial...

sad and at the same time...

what a bunch of shit - commercial and product.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1VM2eLhvsSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

grease lightnin
    &amp;

Hunter S. Thompson was a man for his time, similar to someone like Bill Hicks, they don't fit in with today’s left.
    Uh.... sounds like he would fit in pretty well to me...

"Every GOP administration since 1952 has let the Military-Industrial Complex loot the Treasury and plunge the nation into debt on the excuse of a wartime economic emergency. Richard Nixon comes quickly to mind, along with Ronald Reagan and his ridiculous "trickle-down" theory of US economic policy. If the rich get richer, the theory goes, before long their pots will overflow and somehow "trickle down" to the poor, who would rather eat scraps off the Bush family plates than eat nothing at all. Republicans have never approved of democracy, and they never will. It goes back to pre-industrial America, when only white male property owners could vote."

Hunter S Thompson

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/1028-29.htm

grease lightnin
    &amp;

Double post

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Crazy thing is that black folks will always back people just because they are the same color...why??

Bill Cosby, OJ...makes no fukking sense
    White man is always out to get them. In there mind anyways except white democrats who use black votes to get office.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/05/asia/o...bor/index.html

Anybody got a meme for what they should be doing instead of visiting Pearl Harbor?

First 123