frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Say it isn't so? Vancouver and Seattle have been my dream cities for many years. I haven't been to either in about 12 years but the memories were epic. The last time I drove into Seattle, they were having the taste of Seattle. A beautiful girl flagged me on the freeway and we spent the weekend together. I went to several clubs in Vancouver and the beautiful women were hitting on me like they never seen a man before. The Pacific Northwest has some of the most finest woman in the world and most of them are very aggressive. The tri cities area of Washington was unbelievable. I don't think I ever went to Cavanaughs and not leave with a dime. I was planning a trip this summer. Don't burst my dream.
    Well in those 12 years Seattle has become a liberal shithole like San Francisco. You are insane if you think lots of fine women live here. I lived in Eastern Iowa before moving to Seattle and the women in Iowa were far better than Seattle. In Seattle the women are nothing but those feminist types with dyed red hair and piercings and tattoos and most are fat. Very very few actual attractive women.

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    You guys need to treat yourself to a ride on MARTA one day. It's life changing
    I got stranded in Atlanta when my flight got cancelled last year, took MARTA to get to a hotel I stayed at, it was like planet of the apes

Quote Originally Posted by LeahMichele View Post

Dude I dont have a problem with Seattle its the rampant drug addiction an homelessness and the refusal to deal with the problem that I have issues with. Why the hell anyone would pay the $1500-$2000 a month for a 1 bedroom to live right in the middle of that shit is beyond me. And something tells me JJGold has probably never even been to Seattle.
    Unfortunately I pay that for a downtown apartment, it sucks.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    went on a family vacation in the seattle area last summer. i checked out pikes, safeco, tat's deli, etc. when i went into the city and it didn't seem bad
    Because visiting a place is completely different than living here. The first week I was here it was fine. But then the day-to-day grind of living here started to seep in. You don't have to deal with all the bullcrap by just visiting here.

Quote Originally Posted by jayfly View Post
    I go to Seattle a few times a year, my firm has an office there. Have worked and lived in San Francisco and other bay area cities for years. The first thing I always think when I get to Seattle is how clean it is compared to SF and how Seattle is like SF should be. Sure there are homeless there but not anymore then any other big city. And its much cleaner then most big cities. Not sure why anyone would think its a shit hole. Great sports, food and beer. Young and active people. Friendly and beautiful women.
    Are you crazy, I walk a mile and a half to and from work every day and the city is filthy. Some days I wish I wore some kind of mask. Trash, shit, piss, vomit, and needles everywhere. The streets smell like urine. I call the street my office is on Landfill Street because of all the trash on the street and sidewalks. Downtown Dallas is way cleaner. Also you must have really low standards if you think the women here are beautiful. Worst pool of women of any city I have lived in. I guess if you like fat feminist women with dyed red hair, piercings, tacky tattoos and abnormal dress choices its for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Do the homeless piss and shit in the street like in nyc
    Yes, I see it daily when I walk to work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Seattle is fine from my perspective

I go down to Cap Hill quite a bit and there's nowhere in the state with more homeless people, drugs, piss and downright nastiness, and I kinda like it
    Admitting you go to Capital Hill? That place is Fagg0tville USA.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I liked Seattle alot...very nice city overall and pretty unique area compared to other parts of the US

Was there in late July when I went and it was beautiful out....crisp and sunny 75 degrees

One thing I did notice though is many of the service industry workers were very unfriendly and just generally weird assholes....Most parts of the US they are all overly friendly to the customers but not here, not even close....I guess the weather thing is real?
    It's because the minimum wage means restaurants can't staff a bunch of waitstaff for their shifts. When me and my team went out to lunch for someone's birthday we went to a restaurant that had only 2 servers staffed for the lunch shift. 2 servers covering about 20 tables. There was no service, simply "What do you want to drink/eat".
    Points Awarded:

LeahMichele gave frogsrangers 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Froger go to CAFE BENGODI, try the cabinets, I swear it's incredible pal.

Downtown Seattle, close to the underground

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Froger go to CAFE BENGODI, try the cabinets, I swear it's incredible pal.

Downtown Seattle, close to the underground
    I dont go to restaurants around here unless someone else is paying

Its all overpriced garbage. When my dad came to visit we went to a pizza place and ordered a pizza, it was $18 and the size of a frisbee. Not enough to feed one person let alone two grown adult men.

My boss took me and my team out to lunch one day to a Mexican Restaurant and my meal was 2 enchiladas rice and beans and it was $17, that's ridiculous, my boss got a taco salad that was $20. No thanks. I can make my own enchiladas at home, which I do. I make a whole casserole dish full of them for about $10-$12 in ingredients.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Well in those 12 years Seattle has become a liberal shithole like San Francisco. You are insane if you think lots of fine women live here. I lived in Eastern Iowa before moving to Seattle and the women in Iowa were far better than Seattle. In Seattle the women are nothing but those feminist types with dyed red hair and piercings and tattoos and most are fat. Very very few actual attractive women.
    Damn, did the city go downhill that fast or are you just bullshit ting to keep all the woman for youself?

I know Vancouver still has plenty of beautiful woman.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Vancouver's a gem.
    Not alot to do, liquor is crazy expensive, and it's costly to live there in the really nice areas.. Vancouver is ok if you are a family man, into nature and don't drink..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Funny thread

So much inaccurate info here

Little valid

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Reagan's fault for shutting down the insane asylums.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

Downtown _________ is a hellhole. Fill in the blank with any big city and you would have a true statement.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Funny thread

So much inaccurate info here

Little valid

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Not alot to do, liquor is crazy expensive, and it's costly to live there in the really nice areas.. Vancouver is ok if you are a family man, into nature and don't drink..
    Liquor at bars? Liquor stores? Is this Vancouver, WA or Vancouver, BC?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    It's expensive in Vancouver in stores, bars, etc.. because all alcohol is sold through the BC Liquor control board..and hence is government controlled and heavily taxed.. it's not to discourage drinking.. it's to make $$$$.

When I was there I noticed a double or even triple increase in pricing with beer and wine compared to right across the border in Washington...

Just put it this way, you do not want to be an alcoholic living in Vancouver.. You will go broke fast..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-19-16 at 12:11 PM.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    I hear Vancouver, BC real estate is more expensive than NYC and San Francisco. You know booze will be pricy there.

CanuckG

It's expensive in Vancouver in stores, bars, etc.. because all alcohol is sold through the BC Liquor control board..and hence is government controlled and heavily taxed.. it's not to discourage drinking.. it's to make $$$$.

When I was there I noticed a double or even triple increase in pricing with beer and wine compared to right across the border in Washington...

Just put it this way, you do not want to be an alcoholic living in Vancouver.. You will go broke fast..
    I work for the govt union that represents the BC Liquor Stores. It's cheaper to buy from them than the private liquor stores here. While it's much cheaper in the USA for booze it's not overly expensive here....or maybe I'm use to it.

jjgold

Guys see homeless people and get scared and think bad city

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    I hear Vancouver, BC real estate is more expensive than NYC and San Francisco. You know booze will be pricy there.
    It is because of all the foreigners buying up everything. 5 of the most expensive properties in this province are in Metro Vancouver.

CanuckG

also i drink quite a bit but the play is to go to the breweries here (tons here) and fill up growlers. I also have a few friends who work at Steamworks brewery and they supply me with free flats. The one thing I find expensive here is good tequila.

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Guys see homeless people and get scared and think bad city
    No idea why people would think that. I view the homeless as a precious resource and wish there was a lot more in my hometown.

(Full Disclosure: I am the creator and distributor of Bum Fights, Vol. 1-25)

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

There is no big city in the entire world that doesn't have some homeless people. I don't see why it bothers so many people. Who gives a fuk? If they want to be bums let them be bums. Just ignore them if they bother you, eventually they will leave you alone.

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    There is no big city in the entire world that doesn't have some homeless people. I don't see why it bothers so many people. Who gives a fuk? If they want to be bums let them be bums. Just ignore them if they bother you, eventually they will leave you alone.
    They will leave you alone provided you don't interfere with them while they take a dump in your backyard and drive your property value down enough that you'll soon join their ranks as low man on the totem pole. If you don't mind that then the homeless are just dandy.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

I live in Seattle and you are overreacting. Homeless on every corner....okay. Stop complaining and do something about it, maybe give back and there will be less.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I see alot of homeless living by the beach here in Southern California, near Los Angeles where I live.. Homeless are really every where, they typically smell bad, talk to themselves, dirty up the city, you see them sleeping or wandering around in parks, beaches and public places every where. They spend most of their days pan handling and asking for hand outs which can be annoying as well...

While I'm use to it, I still find it offensive at times especially when in a grocery store or liquor store and you are in line right next to one. THE SMELL is just so bad it almost makes you wanna barf....

I think they should make a small section of each city dedicated to the homeless, fence it all off, lock it up and throw away the key..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-19-16 at 01:18 PM.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I think they should make a small section of each city dedicated to the homeless, fence it all off, lock it up and throw away the key..
    I believe that is tantamount to imprisoning the homeless, Jibber...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    I believe that is tantamount to imprisoning the homeless, Jibber...
    Well they'd have freedom to roam their own small section of the city without disturbing the non homeless civilized population.. Not exactly prison but I see your point MO

jjgold

part of life now..get use to it and throw them a buck once in a while

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

I see alot of homeless living by the beach here in Southern California, near Los Angeles where I live.. Homeless are really every where, they typically smell bad, talk to themselves, dirty up the city, you see them sleeping or wandering around in parks, beaches and public places every where. They spend most of their days pan handling and asking for hand outs which can be annoying as well...

While I'm use to it, I still find it offensive at times especially when in a grocery store or liquor store and you are in line right next to one. THE SMELL is just so bad it almost makes you wanna barf....

What grocery store do you shop at where it's all homeless people? The food must not be very good there.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

I go to Seattle once a year to watch either baseball or football. City always looked outdated to me. Just to old looking. Lots of harmless homeless people in my opinion. Last trip, our car was broken into and all our luggage was taken just outside hotel too. Ruined our trip.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

4 other cars were broken into as well in the paid parking.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Well they'd have freedom to roam their own small section of the city without disturbing the non homeless civilized population.. Not exactly prison but I see your point MO

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Typical SBR. A bunch of people betting their money yet complaining about people who have nothing. Have some humility.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Lots of homeless Native Americans up there too with bad alcohol problems.
    Pie Faces love their firewater, no doubt

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Typical SBR. A bunch of people betting their money yet complaining about people who have nothing. Have some humility.
    Part of the problem ^^^

jjgold

we are all a few bets away from being homeless
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PittsburghPlayer

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I live in Seattle and you are overreacting. Homeless on every corner....okay. Stop complaining and do something about it, maybe give back and there will be less.
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave bradthebloke 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

LeahMichele
    fuk offshores. Play local.
    LeahMichele's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Do the homeless piss and shit in the street like in nyc
    Absolutely

First 1234 Last