rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    What do you expect? Every large, liberal city in the U.S. is a shit hole and getting worse. Feel the Bern!
    If you want to get political....let's talk about the Repubs cutting mental health funding and wonder why 99% of the
    homeless and druggies are on the streets instead of getting help.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    If you want to get political....let's talk about the Repubs cutting mental health funding and wonder why 99% of the
    homeless and druggies are on the streets instead of getting help.
    Both political sides have problems but honestly what is the mental "help" going to do? Maybe some of the more mild cases but many are just defected from birth and are fukked no matter what

They have issues that nobody could ever help

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

went on a family vacation in the seattle area last summer. i checked out pikes, safeco, tat's deli, etc. when i went into the city and it didn't seem bad

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Both political sides have problems but honestly what is the mental "help" going to do? Maybe some of the more mild cases but many are just defected from birth and are fukked no matter what

They have issues that nobody could ever help
    Yes...people that continue to argue politics daily are part of that mental population

LeahMichele
    fuk offshores. Play local.
    LeahMichele's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Most of you live sheltered lives and really don't even know what's going on in a real city maybe step away from the computer and stop gambling and stop drinking
    This coming from a guy with 226,000 posts.

Are you saying we are sheltered because we aren’t heroin addicts sleeping and shitting on the streets and then accosting people to give us money to support our habits? If so I’m glad to be sheltered. I say these homeless bums and drug addicts are the ones who are sheltered from life’s responsibilities. Get a job. Take on some responsibility. People on this site might gamble, but most of us work 40-45 hours minimum and pay all our and our families bills as well as outrageous taxes to support this BS. How’s that sheltered ? What is your solution ? Just ignore the problem right ? Pretend that is not really a problem ? That doesn’t work and it always just gets worse.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Down town LA sucks too. Seattle it rains too much.. OUT!!!

Fishermans warf is ok when I was there years ago.. Traffic in Seattle is pretty bad too..
    Traffic in la is good?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No downtown area is a hellhole anymore I have no idea what you guys are thinking

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

cafe bengodi, near the underground, one of the best italian restaurants i've ever eaten at

In Downtown Seattle

jjgold

homeless people everywhere now does not mean area is rundown

Homeless people go with there is lots of foot traffic

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

This thread sure changed my impression of Seattle.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

You think that's bad, in Toronto we have bears and fur trappers on every corner tryin to hawk their wares.

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

I go to Seattle a few times a year, my firm has an office there. Have worked and lived in San Francisco and other bay area cities for years. The first thing I always think when I get to Seattle is how clean it is compared to SF and how Seattle is like SF should be. Sure there are homeless there but not anymore then any other big city. And its much cleaner then most big cities. Not sure why anyone would think its a shit hole. Great sports, food and beer. Young and active people. Friendly and beautiful women.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Do the homeless piss and shit in the street like in nyc

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

same shit happening in LA. these retards want to have MORE taxes to throw money at the problem. ok right so I pay 10% sales tax on everything I buy, an effective tax rate of about 10% to the state for schools and infrastructure, and about 28% to the feds. how about fukk you pal.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Seattle is fine from my perspective

I go down to Cap Hill quite a bit and there's nowhere in the state with more homeless people, drugs, piss and downright nastiness, and I kinda like it

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

jjgold

Seattle for the rich period

Approx 15 miles around City

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by LeahMichele View Post
    You walk through downtown Seattle and Traffic will be the least of your concerns. And if you have to take a piss, prepare yourself. Its hard to find a place to piss and when you do, the bathroom will be full of drug addicts shooting up and homeless people bathing.
    Yep, lot of drug users.. That and all that rain is why Seattle is the #1 State for suicide.. They say it's because of all the rain and constant gray skies as that becomes depressing eventually.. People either turn to drugs or suicide I guess?..

That was where grunge rock was started.. Nirvana and what not..

Rain is fun for a few days but not year round.. I need to see sunshine.. I'd probably pull the trigger too if I lived in Seattle..

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    almost every City is not affordable to live..Downtown CLeve has waiting lists a mile long to live in Apts
    Yes said it multiple times in my previous thrEads.
    No comparing cities with towns etc.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I liked Seattle alot...very nice city overall and pretty unique area compared to other parts of the US

Was there in late July when I went and it was beautiful out....crisp and sunny 75 degrees

One thing I did notice though is many of the service industry workers were very unfriendly and just generally weird assholes....Most parts of the US they are all overly friendly to the customers but not here, not even close....I guess the weather thing is real?

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

Seattle? Just call it Amerika. Every great civilization ends this way. Once any democracy progresses to the point entitled government tit sucking losers make up 50.1% of the voting mob, they start gifting themselves my tax money right out of the loose government coffers.

The end result of this is too obvious as to require elaboration.

It's game over fellas. Has been for 8 years.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by LeahMichele View Post
    Its gotten expensive for sure, but you’re wrong. There are definitely people here who can afford it. Seattle also has a lot of “low income housing units”. It’s a liberal city, about as liberal as they come. There is a lot of help. These people could clean up their acts and get a job at McDonalds making $15 an hour = $600 a week. Then get some rental help, etc and yes they can make it without having to be garbage living on the streets, begging for money, etc. Im not trying to be cold, but these parts have so money people who do like you JJ, just offering up excuses. Things just get worse and worse and these people situations just get worse and worse. It’s a LOSE LOSE for everyone. Society should not tolerate it and should expect the able bodied to work and you know what – that would help everyone especially the people in that condition. And I haven’t been to most major cities, but just because it might be everywhere doesn’t mean its OK. That’s just the more reason to see that we need to change shit. Where is it going if things don’t change. The answer is a job and at least in Seattle they would get $15 so Im not trying to be cold I’m just saying things have gone to shit and its just going to get worse if we keep offering excuses.
    Most mcdonalds workers arent getting 40 hrs a week anyways

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Funniest homeless people Ive met were in Miami by a small Checkers fast food joint. Seattle theyre pretty mellow.

Crystos
    Crystos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 740

Some years back I straight up moved to Seattle with $1500, a suitcase and a greyhound ticket. Didn't know a soul, no prospect. Ahhh youth. There are a lot of homeless there, due to weather and I think just the laid back progressive atmosphere. I think homeless migrate to the area. I have lived in several major cities and it did seem a tad worse in Seattle. Once while talking with some locals they said that the real problem is that some, at least one major, mental health facility had been closed and what are gonna do when that happens? They just let them out into the streets. I was staying on Aurora Blvd, really seedy part. Hookers, druggies, homeless, crazies. The manager of the hotel I stayed at for the first month told me that they gave a lot of the mentally ill folks vouchers to stay at the hotels. Anyways, I think that is why they seem so pushy and rude, most are mentally ill and also entitled. But seriously, what are the options ya know. Life sucks for a lot of people.

The damn weather. Before moving, a few people mentioned the suicide rate there and the theory of the gloomy weather. Naturally, I scoffed. Sounds like an urban legend. An anecdote people liked to spread around. That shit is real. I moved there in late September, right when the rain starts. As you will hear people say, its not the rain, its all the fukking gray. The streets are gray, buidings are gray, sky is gray, people are gray. I never thought lack of sunshine could have such an effect on the human psyche. Well, I learned a valuable lesson and I will never live somewhere like that again. Can't explain, can only experience it.

Plenty of positives as well, but this is long enough. Visit Seattle, just don't move to Seattle.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    You think that's bad, in Toronto we have bears and fur trappers on every corner tryin to hawk their wares.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    This thread sure changed my impression of Seattle.
    Watch the Nat Geo Drugs INC., heroin episode. Seattle is riddled with heroin and it's not just the homeless.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Watch the Nat Geo Drugs INC., heroin episode. Seattle is riddled with heroin and it's not just the homeless.
    Good show (usually). Can get it on Netflix, and even YouTube most of the time.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Good show (usually). Can get it on Netflix, and even YouTube most of the time.
    Agree. I like the different sub-culture/sociology type shows and Nat Geo usually does them well.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Agree. I like the different sub-culture/sociology type shows and Nat Geo usually does them well.
    I do keep thinking though if I was a detective going after some of these guys, I'd have enough clues from the show to discover who they were or locate them.

Kind of like when the CEO of McAfee went crazy and disappeared, VICE found him and did a show featuring him, but they forgot to blur out his license plate, and he got caught soon after.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I do keep thinking though if I was a detective going after some of these guys, I'd have enough clues from the show to discover who they were or locate them.

Kind of like when the CEO of McAfee went crazy and disappeared, VICE found him and did a show featuring him, but they forgot to blur out his license plate, and he got caught soon after.
    Haha like the drug dealers, cartel wholesalers, and bookies...yeah, I definitely wouldn't be letting them follow me around. Too many context clues. You get the make and models of their cars, where they operate. Law enforcement probably loves those shows! I guess the tv aspect plays to the egos of the ones who do show up on those shows.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Homelessness..

Thank the US "helping" professions' decision makers.

Commencing in the 70's...We can thank the "patients rights" advocates for leading the charge
    to empty mental hospitals in favor of "community treatment"
    and/or the zonked-out "miracle" medicinal "treatment".

Small wonder we have troops of schizoid banterers planted firmly
    on most street corners of modern metro USA.

JJ...get back on your smart pills. It's been too long.
    A frazzled mind is a precious thing to lose.
    Last edited by 19th Hole; 05-19-16 at 04:51 AM.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Vancouver's a gem.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Most mcdonalds workers arent getting 40 hrs a week anyways
    Or are they getting 15.00 a hour, at this time the top minimum wage is 13.00 then goes down to 12.50, 12.00 and 10.50. If you work for a company with more than 500 employees you will get 15.00 next year, less than 500 won't get 15.00 till 2018, some won't see 15.00 till 2021.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I liked Seattle alot...very nice city overall and pretty unique area compared to other parts of the US

Was there in late July when I went and it was beautiful out....crisp and sunny 75 degrees

One thing I did notice though is many of the service industry workers were very unfriendly and just generally weird assholes....Most parts of the US they are all overly friendly to the customers but not here, not even close....I guess the weather thing is real?
    Completely true. I've been to Seattle a number of times. I can't speak to the homeless problems so much because I don't pay attention to bums.

That said, the fukkin' "I'm unique and globally conscious" vibe from clowns who have basic jobs is ridiculous. I suggest popping into any pub in a trendy neighborhood in the early afternoon and observing the blowhards as they roll in on their gayass workbikes and start talking about themselves. They're just loafers.

And I get it, a waitress with the giant earlobe earrings (never mind the ink sleeves) is part of the Seattle experience. But I remember being in one pizza place, a pretty good one too that was recommended, and them giving me an idiotic announcement about a "green" garbageman named Tom or some sh*t. The pizza place made him out to be a local hero with leaflets and a huge poster on the wall, as in: "Meet Tom. He's been working at Peaceful Planet Waste Disposal for 4 years. He recycles with care because he cares about you."

No one there is saving the world, but at least 50% of the non-homeless population think they are.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by Winner_13 View Post
    Lmao yes. thus they hate on it.
    let them enjoy thier life's in the back woods and let them continue to lie to themselves.
    Seattle and Bellevue are wonderful places.
    Bro I live here, it sucks

First 1234 Last