Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

tho I have to say these bad boys are my real passion:

Last edited by Auto Donk; 05-18-16 at 11:46 AM.

Auto Donk

and for all you boys always picturing me in a f'n cowboy hat..... here you go:

Name:  deer.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  19.5 KB
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 05-18-16 at 11:31 AM.

grekos
    grekos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13316

Donker,JJ G old said in another thread he thinks you bought those fish.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by grekos View Post
    Donker,JJ G old said in another thread he thinks you bought those fish.
    lol.... that's the second good laugh I've received from sbr today, the first one was from biter's awesome post of a parrot that knows how to use an atm machine.....

JJ's joke is almost as funny......

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I know lots of guys that do this meaning go to some sort of fish market and take photos and then get them developed and put on wall in picture frames and these guys never held a fishing pole.

Once like 7 years ago a guy I know caught a black bear killed it and then I put all the hunting gear on and scared my body up and took photos like it was me who fought this bear and killed it. I was a hero back home.

Auto Donk

only guys I know buying fish are those that tell their wives they're going fishing for the weekend, then hole up at the four seasons in downtown H town with some babe they're bangin' behind their wives' backs, never get near the coast, and then on sunday afternoon stop off at the grocery store and buy some red snapper filets on the way back home, and try to pass that shit off on their wives as a "successful fishing trip"......

no one is buying specs, JJ, for a variety of reasons.... one, it's illegal, two, anglers that catch them generally aren't parting with them, and three, you'd be too embarrassed to ask guys who know what they're doing and can catch fish to sell you some b/c ur such a poor fisherman you couldn't land any yourself.... you'd be laffed all the way back to H-town, and would be too embarrassed to show your face in Matatgorda ever again..... (i'm pretty sure Aaron can confirm all of this....)

tho once, on one of the rock groins off the seawall in galveston, I was at the end of one of those groins, landing 20-24" specs damn near every cast with a silver spoon late evening, and had a bunch of asians and black guys who didn't know how to catch trout (they were all fishing on the bottom, etc.), offer to buy the trout I was catching and releasing, as I already had my limit in the box.....

I told them, fuk paying, you can have all that I catch, and as I'd take a trout off, I'd fling it toward their general direction, but not quite close enough for them to make a clean catch without slippin'/slidin' on the slick rocks..... hearing them cuss in their native language as the big slippery brutes would get away after they flubbed the catches was hysterical..... one guy even slipped into the f'n surf, and cut himself up on barnicles/oyters trying to get back up on the small rock jetty.....

I handed a few off clean to the brutha's, as they were pretty cool guys, and weren't shady like the f'n vietnamese down there, who generally never obey the law re: size limits, bag limits, etc..... one or two of the vietnamese made circus catches that would have made manny ramirez proud, and they were grateful for the fish......
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 05-18-16 at 12:19 PM.

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

If you find specs for sale, they are from Louisiana and must be caught by a commercial licensed boat.

You are looking at a fine of $250 per fish if you're caught trying to sell game fish.

My buddy Mark just bought a large load of illegal snapper this month that were caught coming into the harbor in freeport. Guys that got busted are facing 450k in fines each.

Auto Donk

they take that shit serious nowadays... my cousin got pinched a couple of years back for a 14 7/8" trout that had been in the box half a day (think shrinkage, JJ), and it cost him a fine and a $250 "replacement/restitution" fee......

funny thing is, this past weekend I boxed one right at 15" (maybe a tad under) on sat evening late as we hadn't caught as many as we'd hoped for, and we got pulled over in the colorado river a mere 800 yds from our place.... I just knew I was about to lose $400-$500 bucks over keeping a border line fish...... my f'n stomach pitted up as they hit their lights to pull us over.... after checking for our life preservers and other basic shit, they asked about the fish, and as I knew that f'n last trout that might have an issue was right on top (last one I put in the box), I figured I was toast.....

one of the two young wardens got on the boat, and opened the box (located under the seat behind the center console on my buddy's Pathfinder), and stared into it for a pretty good while (at least 25-30 secs). I just knew he was gonna pull that trout, as he sees 1,000's of them per month and had to know that one on top was borderline at best..... Much to my surprise, he shuts the box, says "nice haul", and lets us go on our way......

we made it back to our place, and had some beers and laffed about it and tried to figure out a theory on why he let us go without measuring the fish..... (I of course, pulled it immediately upon return to our dock, and measured it again to see what he would've discovered had he done so.... 14 7/8, about as close to 15" as you can get without being 15)...... one theory (not mine) was that we were in a nice boat, dressed in decent fishing attire, and answered all their questions, didn't look nervous or shady, etc...

another (not mine, but good) was that he saw that my buddy had added a very good aluminum measuring stick to to top of his ice chest used for the fish box, and thus could have easily measured it before opening the lid and dropping it in -- unlike scenarios where there is no obvious measuring stick around, and the wardens might think you were guestimating the size of your fish;

another was that the other fish were clearly of size, and given that there weren't a whole mess of potential dinks in the box (and believe me, there could've been, as we released 15-20 undersized trout that evening), he figured it probably met the length required....

the last, mine, was that as there were three of us on the boat and only 5-6 trout in the box that evening, and some crappy sand trout and croaker (although I did have a nice drum), he probably felt sorry for us and decided to let us go.... that, and it was beer-thirty, just having reached almost absolute darkness, and he was ready to call it day without having to do another ticket....

who knows.... but I dodged a bit of a bullet.....

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Sounds like a great fishing trip Donk. Jealous. Stuggled to land anything decent last few trips.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2486

Donk,
    A couple of those bucks were 10 or 11 pointers?!......Very impressive, bro!...

Auto Donk

yes they were; i've got a whole bunch of tens, 4-5 11's, and one 12.... no more pts than 12, and of course I've got tons of 8's and below, as well, having hunted whitetails since I was 11...... think my next whitetail buck will be no. 100th w-t buck lifetime....

may have to make a video comemmorating that event next dec, possibly november.....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

hunters should be banned

Let poor animals have their space

AUTOMAN MAKE MY DAY pull a gun on a buck with me there

God Bless

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    hunters should be banned

Let poor animals have their space

AUTOMAN MAKE MY DAY pull a gun on a buck with me there

God Bless
    hmm.... what you gonna do?

nudge my elbow as I pull the trigger? cause an errant shot? yell and scare the deer?

what you fail to think about (no surprise there), is that after your little stunt, I'll still be holding my 7 mag with both hands.....

God Bless? No.... God Help you if it was a nice buck.............

First 12