daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Stephen Strasburg signs 175 mil deal

Stephen Strasburg yielded four runs over seven innings in a no-decision against the Tigers on Monday.
    Strasburg, who has signed a reported seven-year, $175 million extension with the Nationals, served up a two-run homer to Nick Castellanos in the first inning before J.D. Martinez connected for a two-run blast in the fifth. He was in line for the loss until the Nationals came back in the later innings. While Strasburg gave up a season-high four runs, he also notched a season-high 11 strikeouts. He’ll bring a 2.76 ERA into a start against the Marlins this weekend. May 9 - 10:44 PM

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10311

I think this deal works out well for both Nats and Strasburg. On the surface it seems like Nats got him on the cheap and maybe he should have waited to hit free agency to draw a larger paycheck. But, i think Strasburg realizes he hasn't been ever to play an entire season. First Tommy Johns, then my neck, my back etc etc. Signing this deal is an insurance policy as much for him as it is for the Nats.

I said at the beginning of the year I would would tailing his every start bc of the contract year and the modifications to his delivery, it has worked out well thus far. I think now though one has to wonder if he will become Mr Glass once again.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

waste of money

His arm can go anytime