will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Denver made out like bandits with- Paxton Lynch----

Number 26 spot, this is a steal. This kid is a stud. I also like Elliott and Bosa earlier. Perfect fit for Dallas. Now they just need a future quarterback. As for my New York Jets----Smfh .... I wanted Lynch bad.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

hopefully Lynch pans out, but regardless, i love how Elway's always putting other teams in their place.

with his toothy grin, he told the 49ers and Eagles that they can both go fukk themselves with Krapernick and Bradford.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I was thinking same about Arizona. If Nkemdiche pans out that makes an already ferocious defense downright scary. I feel bad for NFC west offenses that have to play these guys twice a year.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

What Elway has done in Denver the past couple years is remarkable, becoming leagues best GM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    What Elway has done in Denver the past couple years is remarkable, becoming leagues best GM.
    Yes nobody can argue that

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

Memphis offense was very simple compared to Nfl. Yes they scored a lot, but it was a lot of run Pass option
    Last edited by Itsamazing777; 04-29-16 at 09:31 AM.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47416

Lynch never took a snap from under center or called/changed plays at the line of scrimmage
    Points Awarded:

Itsamazing777 gave JAKEPEAVY21 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Lynch never took a snap from under center or called/changed plays at the line of scrimmage
    Hasn't even taken a 5 step drop. Kid has a loooooooong learning curve ahead of him. He shouldn't see a start for 3 years.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

You would know how good or bad a move it is for a couple of years because they will probably baby him and start Sanchez instead. Bortles and Russell Wilson is the way to go, put him from the jump and get him the experience now. With that "D" hwy not?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

The Broncos made their choice for their Week One starting quarterback on Monday and it was Trevor Siemian for the second year in a row.

That wasn’t a great surprise given the way things had played out during training camp and the first two preseason games and it leaves 2016 first-round pick Paxton Lynch to start another season on the bench. After coach Vance Joseph made the announcement, Lynch said he isn’t going to “pout” about the fact that Siemian got the nod because pouting won’t do anything to change the situation.

“I am disappointed. I have to be prepared. I believe in myself to be a starter. But coaches’ made the decision,” Lynch said, via Troy Renck of The Denver Channel.

Lynch made a couple of starts when Siemian was injured last season and didn’t set the world on fire in either of those appearances. Should another shot come his way this year, better work could change the situation in Denver moving forward while more of the same might leave the Broncos ready to move on from a player who many gave a good chance of winding up with the job this year.

JAKEPEAVY21

OP has got to be in the top 5 worst posters

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Vance Joseph is all aboard the same give Paxton Lynch a chance to develop train John Elway is currently conducting.

Just days after the Broncos' general manager told media members that Denver isn't just going to kick Lynch "to the curb" after acquiring veteran Case Keenum this offseason, the Broncos' head coach echoed Elway's sentiments.

Joseph told media members Saturday that Denver is not only not ready to punt on the Lynch experiment -- they're confident the third-year QB will thrive in a role where he's sitting and learning behind Keenum.

"I think for Paxton and our football team it's been a weight off all of our backs to have a starting quarterback and have everyone's role defined from Day 1," Joseph said. "So for Paxton, he can relax and get better each day and not worry about a competition. I think for Paxton being around Case also -- I mean, Case has been through some ups and downs in his career, so he can learn from Case on how to handle those things.

"It takes time to be an NFL quarterback. You would hope with Case being here, he can sit back and relax and get better as a quarterback and not worry about being the guy right now and just compete to be our backup."

In theory, Joseph and Elway's confidence in Lynch's career revival behind Keenum makes sense. Lynch was always considered a project, even when Denver outraced the Dallas Cowboys to take him with the No. 26 pick in the 2016 NFL Draft. Now, the former Memphis QB finally has some time to develop his big toolbox without the pressure of getting ready week in and week out for NFL defenses.

Yet of the top 10 or so quarterbacks in the league the past two decades, not many -- and likely not any -- have started their careers with a 1-3 win-loss record, four touchdowns to four picks ratio, a minuscule 76.7 quarterback rating and 18 sacks taken; and bounced back to become elite.

Denver's brass certainly sounds like it's hoping Lynch can change that, particularly with the decision to pick up his fifth-year option looming about 12 months away.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The Seahawks have signed quarterback Paxton Lynch, according to the NFL’s transaction wire. The deal was first reported by Ian Furness of KJR Radio (on Twitter).

Lynch may be a backup option for the Seahawks in 2019 behind starter Russell Wilson. Before this pact, Wilson was the only QB under contract for next season. Brett Hundley, who finished out the year as Wilson’s backup, is set for unrestricted free agency.

Lynch tried out for roughly 25% of the league’s teams since being cut by the Broncos in 2018, but was unable to land a contract. The former 26th overall selection in the 2016 draft was beaten out twice for the Broncos’ starting quarterback job by former seventh-round pick Trevor Siemian. In two years with Denver, Lynch managed to start only four games, completing 61.7% of his passes for 792 yards, four touchdowns, and four interceptions. Among the 52 quarterbacks who attempted at least 125 passes during those two seasons, Lynch ranked 41st in passer rating and 46h in adjusted net yards per attempt.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

i think denver will win it this year

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Jerry Jones badly wanted to trade up to get Lynch. Went so far as to say it was by far his biggest disappointment of the draft not being able to trade back up into the first round to grab Lynch.

A lot of Dak haters on here, but glad the Cowboys didn’t draft Lynch and ended up with Zeke, Jaylon Smith, Dak, Anthony Brown in what turned out to be an incredible 2016 draft for them.

Things are so much better for Dallas when Jerry lets others call the shots. (Another good example him not getting his way to draft Manziel and ended up with Zack Martin instead in 2014)

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

I never remember anything he did that was so great in 2016 and he has been a disaster since. He reminds me of Michael Jordan. Terrific player terrible talent evaluator

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

john elway should be fired

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

paxton will go down with many other 1st round qb bust

blaine gabbert
    christian ponder
    brady quinn
    kyle boller
    david carr
    josh freeman
    ej manuel
    brandon weeden
    patrick ramsey
    jp losman
    tim tebow
    jake locker
    matt leinart
    joey harrington
    rg3
    johnny manziel
    jamarcus russell

mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4843

LOL. Whoever dug this up is the ultimate troll and I love you.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by mdunlap3 View Post
    LOL. Whoever dug this up is the ultimate troll and I love you.
    KLC

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 660

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

yeah not looking good for the guy. If you try out for 1/4 of the teams at QB in this league in its current state and don't get a job that's gotta mean something...

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The Steelers made several roster moves on Friday, activating both Paxton Lynch and Trey Edmunds from the practice squad.

With Mason Rudolph suffering a concussion against the Ravens last Sunday, the Steelers needed to fortify the quarterback spot. At running back, Jaylen Samuels had a scope on his knee earlier this week and could miss up to a month.

Lynch was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft, the 26th pick overall. Lynch played in five games with four starts and was waived shortly after making the initial 53-man roster in 2018.

He didn’t play in the 2018 season and signed a futures contract with Seattle after the season. The Seahawks waived him this year when they had to get down to the 53-man roster.

For his career Lynch has completed 79 of 128 passes for 792 yards, four touchdowns and four interceptions.

Playing for the Steelers is a dream come true for Lynch. Lynch, who has family in Gallitzin, Pa, would come to the area each summer and while it was all about visiting family, there was something special they always did.

“I was a big Steelers fan when I was younger,” said Lynch. “My dad’s mom (Irene) lived in Pennsylvania so we would come for family reunions in the summer. We would come to Steelers training camp. We would hang out after practice and get autographs from the guys. I grew up a big Steelers fan. As a kid you dream about playing in the NFL for your favorite team, and this is my favorite team. It’s a great opportunity to be here. The organization has been a pleasure so far.”

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Will Paxton play or just serve as backup?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    Will Paxton play or just serve as backup?
    Undrafted rookie QB Devlin Hodges will make his first start for the Steelers on Sunday Night Football.

He wears No. 6 which reminds us of another Pittsburgh QB to wear No. 6, Bubby Brister!

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

This post didn't age well

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

one of john elways many questionable decisions

like they aren't missing shaq barrett these days

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

This guy. Lmfao

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    hopefully Lynch pans out, but regardless, i love how Elway's always putting other teams in their place.

with his toothy grin, he told the 49ers and Eagles that they can both go fukk themselves with Krapernick and Bradford.
    Elway is lucky to still have a job.

G Anon Dropout
    G Anon Dropout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7458

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    paxton will go down with many other 1st round qb bust

blaine gabbert
    christian ponder
    brady quinn
    kyle boller
    david carr
    josh freeman
    ej manuel
    brandon weeden
    patrick ramsey
    jp losman
    tim tebow
    jake locker
    matt leinart
    joey harrington
    rg3
    johnny manziel
    jamarcus russell
    As a Cincinnati man I'm surprised you forgot Akili Smith.