The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    what do you consider legit? history of the medical industry is shady. do you know why the pharmaceutical industry is so big? most modern doctors are nothing more than drug pushers. hence, i refuse to go to the doctor unless i have to and i haven't been to one in over 20 years.

Good stuff Ghenghis.... I've worked with great doctors for nearly nearly two decades now, and one of the absolute best doctors I've ever worked with told me "Kraken, if you want to stay healthy, live long and healthy, stay out of hospitals, stay out of dr's offices"

I can't say I abide entirely by that as I've had 3 surgeries in the last 6 years and am on chronic opioids, and just recently had a spinal steroid injection (which I might end up regretting, now i have more pain than before the goddamned injection), but I'll never forget him saying that and I do agree, I just use medicine to fulfill my needs.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

kraken, i like you man. you're one of the good guys. you need to stop taking all that junk. i know it's easier said than done.

i'm telling you. out of all my family members, i'm the only one that never visits doctors and not on one single pharmaceuticals.

guess what, i'm the healthiest one... just sayin'

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

one thing though, the difference between otc and pharmaceuticals is one can kill you while the other won't.

i'll pay a little for otc supplements even if it doesn't work for the placebo effect and placebo effect is proven to be real.

but like many have mentioned, healthy diet is the key. too bad, everything that's healthy tastes like shit and it's an expensive life style.

The Kraken

I don't doubt it one bit

My only caveat is this, I work in a part of the hospital that deal a lot with emergencies, and I can't tell you how many times I've heard the phrase "my husband has always been healthy, nothing ever wrong with him, in fact he's never been to a doctor until now"....

And then we see the coronary arteries and he has severe triple vessel disease that has been building up most likely over decades. The reality is the guy hasn't been healthy, he just chose not to go to the doctor, which I respect. I stay away as much as I can as well. Then we send him over to surgery to have a quadruple bypass. So I don't know what the answer is, but my gut tells me stay away as much as you can, at most go see a GOOD PCP once a year just in case you're missing something.

Just last night I saw that Prince had opioids on him, as did Michael Jackson, as have so many others. With the DEA's war on prescription drugs right now, it's making it nearly impossible for normal people with severe chronic pain to obtain opioids for pain relief. I fall into this category. I told my wife just last night "it's probably time I figure out a way to get off the oxy, because eventually no Dr. is going to write me for it anymore."

So to your point, I have come to the same conclusion, albeit for a different reason, but the same conclusion nonetheless. Time to taper down
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

yeah i do need to get my blood work done sooner than later. don't get me wrong, i'm not against doctors. i'm just against the protocol. i say 95% of the doctors don't even know the history of the medical industry, no joke.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    I have been doing this for the past five years and haven't been sick in those five years. I own retail and work the counter around sick everyday. My family gets sick but I don't. 40s, smoker, drinker and degen gambler. At the bottom...research Spirulina.. Unreal benefits, no taste can be sprinkled on food even. Only a tsp a day.

Only pills I take are...

Organic Garlic with Allicin ---< key addition

CoQ10

Liquid: The following freeze dried, organic powder into one full glass of water everyday.

Good post! Definitely going to look into this!

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

but like many have mentioned, healthy diet is the key. too bad, everything that's healthy tastes like shit and it's an expensive life style.
    Chingis, I'm shocked!!

Learn to cook, and shop at Whole Foods. Real food is amazing, never trade a few bucks for what goes inside of your body on a daily basis.

People complain that real food is so expensive. The truth is, food should have never gotten to be this cheap! We just can't see it that way anymore.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Good post! Definitely going to look into this!
    why?

he doesn't get sick taking this but his family does

so he can convince you in 1 post but not his family in those years??

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    why?

he doesn't get sick taking this but his family does

so he can convince you in 1 post but not his family in those years??
    it's pretty tough to get down until you get used to. It's has a grassy earthy taste. My wife has tried it a couple times, but literally gags so she gave up. My daughter is 7, she isn't touching it. So there you have it.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I don't doubt it one bit

My only caveat is this, I work in a part of the hospital that deal a lot with emergencies, and I can't tell you how many times I've heard the phrase "my husband has always been healthy, nothing ever wrong with him, in fact he's never been to a doctor until now"....

And then we see the coronary arteries and he has severe triple vessel disease that has been building up most likely over decades. The reality is the guy hasn't been healthy, he just chose not to go to the doctor, which I respect. I stay away as much as I can as well. Then we send him over to surgery to have a quadruple bypass. So I don't know what the answer is, but my gut tells me stay away as much as you can, at most go see a GOOD PCP once a year just in case you're missing something.

Just last night I saw that Prince had opioids on him, as did Michael Jackson, as have so many others. With the DEA's war on prescription drugs right now, it's making it nearly impossible for normal people with severe chronic pain to obtain opioids for pain relief. I fall into this category. I told my wife just last night "it's probably time I figure out a way to get off the oxy, because eventually no Dr. is going to write me for it anymore."

So to your point, I have come to the same conclusion, albeit for a different reason, but the same conclusion nonetheless. Time to taper down
    I've always wondered. Is checking the blockage in the main coronary arteries a part of a routine check up with a good PCP. Or is this only performed when there are symptoms shown in an emergency room visit?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Chingis, I'm shocked!!

Learn to cook, and shop at Whole Foods. Real food is amazing, never trade a few bucks for what goes inside of your body on a daily basis.

People complain that real food is so expensive. The truth is, food should have never gotten to be this cheap! We just can't see it that way anymore.
    ralphie, i didn't know you were a hipster, i just go to ralphs man.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Take 400 mil magnesium every day along with a 325 mil aspirin.

Blood pressure medicine gave me horrendous leg cramps at night. Awful, awful pain. Mag would relieve a cramp in less than 5 mins. Works great for an occasional heartburn.

Stopped taking that BP medicine. I have PAD (peripheral arterial disease). I read that mag opens up arteries and
    taking aspirin thins the blood. Both of what I need to get blood flowing to my legs.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    I've always wondered. Is checking the blockage in the main coronary arteries a part of a routine check up with a good PCP. Or is this only performed when there are symptoms shown in an emergency room visit?
    Cliff Notes: No, it's not routinely done. Even in an ER setting, a lot of times they send you home with a referral to a cardiologist, unless you're having a heart attack.

No, most certainly not. It's a process and you have to have certain symptoms.

Here's the general process: Patient goes to PCP and complains of chest pains or shortness of breath, he is also of a certain age and has other co-morbidities such as a smoker, family history of early heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes etc..., so the PCP orders some blood work, an EKG and a referral to a cardiologist. But all the components generally have to be there, generally over 50 with chest pain/shortness of breath and other co-morbidities.

You can bypass some of the guess work and go straight to a cardiologist. If you do this and say you have chest pain, you will most likely go straight to a treadmill stress test or a nuclear stress test. If you test inconclusive or positive on these tests, then you go to the cath lab to get your coronary arteries checked.

But either way, if you're in your 40's and don't have prior heart disease, there will be a battery of tests done before you actually get your coronary arteries checked. The main reason you might ask? Well for one, going to the cath lab is expensive and insurance companies won't pay for the procedure if your Dr. hasn't done their due diligence to make sure you really need to have it done. Coronary angiograms were one of the most abused tests for about a decade while reimbursement rates were between 80-100%, so cardiologists were doing them on anyone and everyone.

Second, it is invasive and their are risks. Unfortunately it is the gold standard although a nuclear stress test is pretty good, nothing comes close to accurately seeing disease other than a coronary angiogram.

I just recently saw a 48 year old guy get a non-emergent coronary angiogram, the test was clean, his heart looked amazing, and he had a stroke as a result of the test Just not fair

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

I just recently saw a 48 year old guy get a non-emergent coronary angiogram, the test was clean, his heart looked amazing, and he had a stroke as a result of the test Just not fair
    damn that's fukked up. that's why i'm gonna try to cut the meat out when i turn 50.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    chinch bugs, manganese... a lot of people don't even know what that is
    Fabulous post!!
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave opie1988 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

Where's my badge Opie?

smitch124

Cliff Notes: No, it's not routinely done. Even in an ER setting, a lot of times they send you home with a referral to a cardiologist, unless you're having a heart attack.

No, most certainly not. It's a process and you have to have certain symptoms.
    So it sounds like even in this case going to a PCP wouldn't have really found this man's problem anyway.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

So it sounds like even in this case going to a PCP wouldn't have really found this man's problem anyway.
    Second, it is invasive and their are risks.
    i think he's saying the stroke resulted from the test. without the test, the guy would've been fine. just cut down on meat when you get older and never take the test. that's my plan.

smitch124

i think he's saying the stroke resulted from the test. without the test, the guy would've been fine. just cut down on meat when you get older and never take the test. that's my plan.
    I'm referring to the guy in the 1st example that came into the emergency room with coronary disease that always felt alright.

"My only caveat is this, I work in a part of the hospital that deal a lot with emergencies, and I can't tell you how many times I've heard the phrase "my husband has always been healthy, nothing ever wrong with him, in fact he's never been to a doctor until now"....

And then we see the coronary arteries and he has severe triple vessel disease that has been building up most likely over decades. The reality is the guy hasn't been healthy, he just chose not to go to the doctor"

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

oh my bad.

pfffffth, I work out like a bandit, just water. Never came close to a cramp.
    but for a guy that just needs to fuel your body with water, you seem overly concerned.

if heart disease runs in your family, go get yourself checked. but don't ever let them get you on statins. that'll fukk you up in the long run.

smitch124

oh my bad.

but for a guy that just needs to fuel your body with water, you seem overly concerned.

if heart disease runs in your family, go get yourself checked. but don't ever let them get you on statins. that'll fukk you up in the long run.
    No actually my uncle was the guy recently that went into the emergency with chest pain had the test and a quad bypass. He never went to the doctor either. It soulds like going to the doctor, in his case, wouldn't have done anything for him anyway.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

all good. there is no magic pill. diet and exercise. it's that simple.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

all good. there is no magic pill. diet and exercise. it's that simple.
    This is true.

And even though when we were all younger... we wanted to be the bulkiest, heaviest, and have huge muscles. Yep, try doing this around 45 or so... with high body weight. Good luck. It's a different ball game.

First step in living a better life... get your body weight down. The heart has to work harder when someone is heavy. It's obvious.

We're all going to die of something.... you can be overweight and die of a heart attack. You can be skinny and die of cancer. It's just the way it is.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

cramps after like the 3rd game then my hamstrings would sometimes cramp during night times after workouts.

probably had to do with magnesium, potassium, and sodium since i sweat so much when i ball.
    electrolyte imbalance, overexertion, or lactic acid buildup. watermelon and cherry juice for the latter.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    it's pretty tough to get down until you get used to. It's has a grassy earthy taste. My wife has tried it a couple times, but literally gags so she gave up. My daughter is 7, she isn't touching it. So there you have it.
    Spirulina is tough to get down if you're not used to it.
    I put it in juice or a smoothie every morning.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Spirulina is tough to get down if you're not used to it.
    I put it in juice or a smoothie every morning.
    You forgot the main ingredient in your smoothie. Jizz

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

A lot of these videos are the same. talk about solving health problems then they plug their brand. I went to his site, his "axe naturals" magnesium is $40-50 a bottle. Pass

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

lol you don't have to buy his shit. does he say take only his shit? c'mon man, he's not a shill.

if you truly are looking to take magnesium, avoid magnesium oxide, magnesium sulfate, magnesium glutamate and aspartate.

i personally take magnesium glycinate.

also watch the video i posted on the rockefeller and the fda. it's the history of our healthcare industry.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Ya what he's saying may be good advice but he's still going to plug his product. He's saying most other supplements are rocks. I'd rather eat an Avacado every day than spend $50 on magnesium

Still a good video. I've always thought I wasn't getting enough minerals

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

of course, eating natural fruits and veggies to get your nutrition is the best.

Duckshit
    Duckshit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Salt foot soak......the end.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

y'all are cayenne pepper deficient

ya bitches!

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

you guys can drink spirulina or magnesium juice still going to be severely pvssy deficient so who gives a fukk

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Eat one Ass Avacado everyday and you will be fine.

First 123 Last