Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Dwight Howard to Rockets Critics: ‘Shut Up’

Per the Houston Chronicle:
    Harden had put the Rockets in front with 2.7 seconds left, but the video of the bench reaction – with Howard, Corey Brewer and Terrence Jones relatively stoic – inspired debate about the Rockets’ thinking at the time. […] Howard said he thought one thing.

“Don’t let them get a shot off,” he said. “They’re known to hit crazy shots. I know last night, things were brought up about the bench not being happy about James hitting the shot,” Howard added. “I think all of us were happy. At the same time, we were more focused on ‘we can’t allow this team to get the ball again and shoot.’ Sometimes they play like Angels in the Outfield. They might catch it at halfcourt and hit a crazy shot. You just can’t celebrate in a situation like that.”

“Nobody was upset or mad that James hit the shot,” Howard said. “I think all of us were focused. That could have been the season right there. I think everybody made a big deal out of nothing. We were very happy that we won the game, but we were kind of upset that we put ourselves in that position to where it took a last-second shot for us to win the game when we clearly had them beat from the beginning of the game. […] For all those people saying we weren’t happy and excited that James hit the shot, shut up.”

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Kevin Mchale is trying to throw cheap shots at Dwight and he's not even playing today...TNT is REALLY hating too hard on the Rockets..Mchale needs to move the fukk on !! "Indiana big man is a bad free throw shooter..reminds me of a player I know" Its true but thats a bullshit cheap shot.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

You shut up Dwight, you crybaby fukking loser.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sando

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would just realease he's one of the biggest losers the NBA ever created and will kill any team

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

rockets full of losers

rather have their time off

jjgold

You can't win with any sports athletes that are clowns and all Howard is the top clown in the league

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Stupidest arguments I heard about this the day after the game, all over the radio and tv just goes to show you there are some hateful people in this world. I would have reacted the same way, the game wasnt over, players act like that all the time when there's time still on the clock and they just happen to be playing the team with the best record in NBA history. Surprised he only said shut up.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

OKC did good getting rid of Harden

Guys were killing Sam Presti for it, but Harden plays no D, he has no leadership skills and OKC got great value in return

Same deal with Reggie Jackson

OKC fukked up BIG TIME by letting Cole Aldrich go though

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

See Dwight actually looking Hakeem in the eyes this time around. Maybe he's going to take this next game serious.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

If Dwight Howard gets anything close to max money this off-season, I'm done watching basketball.

My NBA days will be over.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Kevin Mchale is trying to throw cheap shots at Dwight and he's not even playing today...TNT is REALLY hating too hard on the Rockets..Mchale needs to move the fukk on !! "Indiana big man is a bad free throw shooter..reminds me of a player I know" Its true but thats a bullshit cheap shot.
    I think half the reason these former coached get put on to be "analysts" is to come in and talk smack about the team that put em on the street. Its some good ex girlfriend stuff. They milked it with Mark Jackson and Warriors...tons of press out of that one.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13197

Mark Jackson is actually a solid coach. I thought Mchale was too until I heard him talking during the game, dude stumbles when talking and talks nonsense.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

McHale's arms are disproportionate to his body.

laumart
    laumart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1910

dwight howard will have to crawl under his bench and hide there this afternoon when Dubs come in and beat them up by 30+ in game 4

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

jjgold

Jackson would not be a bad fit

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Dwight Howard to Rocket's Critics:
    You can boo me next year when I am in town while playing for the Hornets.

kaijunn
    kaijunn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1361

i mean if you look closely at Dwight's hands under his shirt, he does a small fist pump lol

Vulcan300
    Vulcan300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10108

Quote Originally Posted by kaijunn View Post
    i mean if you look closely at Dwight's hands under his shirt, he does a small fist pump lol
    lol yea was gonna say

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

New cut new Dwight?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

Guys were killing Sam Presti for it, but Harden plays no D, he has no leadership skills and OKC got great value in return

Okc would have won a title with him. Without him??

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    If Dwight Howard gets anything close to max money this off-season, I'm done watching basketball.

Totally agree.

Sledge187

\
    Great argument, OKC got great value in the Harden deal and they are better off without him?? Let's analyze that statement by this very intelligent OKC fan.

Went to the finals with Harden but in the 3 years he has been gone Lost in 2nd round, lost in conf. finals and did not make the playoffs. How are they better when they have not been to the finals without him? Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb was good value? I know you are trying to justify the trade in your head but this is one of the worst trades in NBA history. Say what you want about Harden but that dude is a beast!! I can't wait until we get KD next year. I will love to hear your thoughts on how OKC is better without him.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Idiot should have stayed in Orlando,he had it pretty good their.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Howard is a jackass but he's right here. Way too much was made of this. There was still ample time on the clock for Golden State to win the game.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

You don't have to worry about that Giant, D12 has fallen down the pecking order. Plenty of better big men in the league these days. Sadly he'll still probably get 10-12M

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    \
    Great argument, OKC got great value in the Harden deal and they are better off without him?? Let's analyze that statement by this very intelligent OKC fan.

Went to the finals with Harden but in the 3 years he has been gone Lost in 2nd round, lost in conf. finals and did not make the playoffs. How are they better when they have not been to the finals without him? Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb was good value? I know you are trying to justify the trade in your head but this is one of the worst trades in NBA history. Say what you want about Harden but that dude is a beast!! I can't wait until we get KD next year. I will love to hear your thoughts on how OKC is better without him.
    OKC did great with Harden, no doubt

But there lack of success after he was traded has had more to do with injuries than his absence

Harden last played for OKC in 2011-2012

So lets start with 2012-2013
    2012-2013 - First year without Harden, OKC went 60-22, lost in the Semi-Finals to the Memphis Grizz. This was after they beat the Rockets in the first round without Russel Westbrook who was injured by Patrick Beverly. Westbrook was injured in game 2 of the first round of the playoffs and missed the rest of these playoffs. RUSSELL WESTBROOK INJURY

2013-2014 - OKC went to the Western Conference Finals and lost to the SA Spurs 4-2. The Spurs went on to beat the Heat this year 4-1 in the finals.

2014-2015 OKC missed the playoffs because KD only played 27 games all year due to recurrent foot injury. KD INJURY
    Cliff notes for post Harden era
    Year 1 - Russell Westbrook injury
    Year 2 - Lost in the conference finals to possibly the best team ever
    Year 3 - KD missed almost the entire year and OKC missed the playoffs

Also, not only did OKC get Lamb and Martin, but the trade enabled them to resign Ibaka. OKC had plenty of offense and needed defense. Harden is a one way player, he as ZERO defense. Ibaka is great on Defense and he is also pretty good on offense.

It was absolutely a GREAT trade, there's no other way to see it. OKC's lack of success has had everything to do with untimely injuries, not Harden being traded. Look at what they did the two times they were healthy without him, first they went 60-22 in 2012-2013 before RW's injury, then they went to the conference finals and lost to the spurs, no shame in that.

Of course, just my opinion

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

If I were the coach, I would have Howard do nothing but practice free throws.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    You don't have to worry about that Giant, D12 has fallen down the pecking order. Plenty of better big men in the league these days. Sadly he'll still probably get 10-12M
    We know he is going to the Nets. Prokhorov has shown he buys yesterday's lunch at yesterday's price.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    If I were the coach, I would have Howard do nothing but practice free throws serving Gatorade & fetching towels.

Sledge187

OKC did great with Harden, no doubt

But there lack of success after he was traded has had more to do with injuries than his absence

Harden last played for OKC in 2011-2012

So lets start with 2012-2013
    2012-2013 - First year without Harden, OKC went 60-22, lost in the Semi-Finals to the Memphis Grizz. This was after they beat the Rockets in the first round without Russel Westbrook who was injured by Patrick Beverly. Westbrook was injured in game 2 of the first round of the playoffs and missed the rest of these playoffs. RUSSELL WESTBROOK INJURY

2013-2014 - OKC went to the Western Conference Finals and lost to the SA Spurs 4-2. The Spurs went on to beat the Heat this year 4-1 in the finals.

2014-2015 OKC missed the playoffs because KD only played 27 games all year due to recurrent foot injury. KD INJURY
    Cliff notes for post Harden era
    Year 1 - Russell Westbrook injury
    Year 2 - Lost in the conference finals to possibly the best team ever
    Year 3 - KD missed almost the entire year and OKC missed the playoffs

Also, not only did OKC get Lamb and Martin, but the trade enabled them to resign Ibaka. OKC had plenty of offense and needed defense. Harden is a one way player, he as ZERO defense. Ibaka is great on Defense and he is also pretty good on offense.

It was absolutely a GREAT trade, there's no other way to see it. OKC's lack of success has had everything to do with untimely injuries, not Harden being traded. Look at what they did the two times they were healthy without him, first they went 60-22 in 2012-2013 before RW's injury, then they went to the conference finals and lost to the spurs, no shame in that.

Of course, just my opinion
    You're an idiot! If they had Harden, then they would be alot better off because he hasn't been hurt. There is a reason why NBA.com ranks it as the 3rd worst trade in NBA history.