Bigdave117
    Bigdave117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I believe Cubs will set all time wins record this year

through 16 games of the season - and I know people are saying that's a very small sample size but that's 1/10 of the whole season so it ain't that small of a sample size

They are - this is the entire majors, not just NL -

#1 in runs scored
    #1 in walks taken
    #1 in ERA
    #1 in WHIP
    #1 in Opponents batting average
    #1 in Opponents OPS
    #1 in Starter ERA
    #3 in Bullpen ERA
    #1 in Fielding efficiency on defense

When was the last time you had a team so dominant in so many different facets of the game? They can win an ugly 2-1 pitching showdown, they can win a 20-15 slugfest. They can clobber you by 16 runs with 5 homeruns, they can win a tight 1 run game with defense and intangibles. They can have their starter shut you out, they can have their starter get clobbered and have the bullpen dominate for 6 innings enough to have the offense win the game.

This is all with Heyward hitting way below normal numbers, Bryant is about 70 points below what he should finish with OPS, Rizzo is about 100 points below his batting average expectancy, Zobrist is way below where he should finish, Soler is hitting below .200. They're on pace to score almost a 1,000 runs and I would argue the team is underperforming on offense

They'll finish with around 900 runs scored and 450-500 runs allowed. I see them winning about 118-119 games

pboozer57
    Maybe next year!
    pboozer57's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Angels
    Angles
    Angles
    D-backs
    D-backs
    D-backs
    D-backs
    Reds
    Reds
    Rockies
    Rockies
    Rockies
    Rockies
    Cards
    Cards
    Cards
    Reds

They haven't really played anyone yet. The Angels suck, cards aren't any good either...Next month will be a better test for them. They will have way tougher teams that are getting hot...Pirates, Nationals, Dodgers....

Bigdave117

Quote Originally Posted by pboozer57 View Post
    Angels
    Angles
    Angles
    D-backs
    D-backs
    D-backs
    D-backs
    Reds
    Reds
    Rockies
    Rockies
    Rockies
    Rockies
    Cards
    Cards
    Cards
    Reds

They haven't really played anyone yet. The Angels suck, cards aren't any good either...Next month will be a better test for them. They will have way tougher teams that are getting hot...Pirates, Nationals, Dodgers....

Diamondbacks are 8-5 except for their games against the Cubs
    Cards are 7-6 except for their games against Cubs
    Reds are 8-4 except their games against Cubs
    Angels are 7-7

I think the Cards are definitely a playoff team and the D backs will be battling for a spot as well. These aren't necessarily the best teams in the league but they're certainly not horrible either. Wait until Cubs face the real horrible teams like Brewers and Braves. They will be clobbering them

pboozer57
    Maybe next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdave117 View Post
    Diamondbacks are 8-5 except for their games against the Cubs
    Cards are 7-6 except for their games against Cubs
    Reds are 8-4 except their games against Cubs
    Angels are 7-7

I think the Cards are definitely a playoff team and the D backs will be battling for a spot as well. These aren't necessarily the best teams in the league but they're certainly not horrible either. Wait until Cubs face the real horrible teams like Brewers and Braves. They will be clobbering them
    Don't get me wrong I think the cubs are bad ass and in serious contention for a World Series. It is such a long season though. I'm just saying by next month we will really know what the cubs are all about. I'm a Astros fan and they have the fire power to get red hot it's just when it all comes together. It has obviously come together for the cubs. I'm mean do you think Baltimore is a 10-4 team? Shit no...that's why it's to early to tell for a lot of these teams but we all knew the cubs were going to be good before this thing started.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4143

They'll be the best team of all time to lose in the LCS.

pboozer57
    Maybe next year!

When the cubs face the brewers and braves it will be a complete shit show, I agree. Just like what they did to the Reds tonight. Slaughter house. The over/under for that game was 7....the first thing that I thought of when I took the over is the cubs should score 7 shit...Well they scored 16 lol.

pboozer57
    Maybe next year!

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    They'll be the best team of all time to lose in the LCS.
    Anything can happen in the playoffs. But the cubs really need to win this thing. I would love Astros and Cubs. Would be a win/win for me.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

through 16 games of the season

I see them winning about 118-119 games
    Please be easy on Big D here guys,I'd imagine 109 years of waiting could cause feelings of psychosis
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: turtlejc

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Congrats on the Cubbies start BD.
    Please, Please don`t turn this forum into your personal Cubs cheering section.
    We already have one poster in PT/NBA clogging us up with multiple useless daily Cavs threads.

Long ass season, don`t get your hopes up too high, and you will enjoy the run.

On a side note, THEO is an arrogant douche.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The win 96 games

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

through 16 games of the season - and I know people are saying that's a very small sample size but that's 1/10 of the whole season so it ain't that small of a sample size

They are - this is the entire majors, not just NL -

#1 in runs scored
    #1 in walks taken
    #1 in ERA
    #1 in WHIP
    #1 in Opponents batting average
    #1 in Opponents OPS
    #1 in Starter ERA
    #3 in Bullpen ERA
    #1 in Fielding efficiency on defense

When was the last time you had a team so dominant in so many different facets of the game? They can win an ugly 2-1 pitching showdown, they can win a 20-15 slugfest. They can clobber you by 16 runs with 5 homeruns, they can win a tight 1 run game with defense and intangibles. They can have their starter shut you out, they can have their starter get clobbered and have the bullpen dominate for 6 innings enough to have the offense win the game.

This is all with Heyward hitting way below normal numbers, Bryant is about 70 points below what he should finish with OPS, Rizzo is about 100 points below his batting average expectancy, Zobrist is way below where he should finish, Soler is hitting below .200. They're on pace to score almost a 1,000 runs and I would argue the team is underperforming on offense

They'll finish with around 900 runs scored and 450-500 runs allowed. I see them winning about 118-119 games
    Some guy named Jesse from Roto:

Thursday’s win puts the Cubs on pace for 122 victories, which would be the most in league history by a pretty comfortable margin. That’s not going to happen but 100 wins is certainly within their grasp. In spring training, the Cubs’ slogan was “embrace the target.” It’s safe to say they’ve done a pretty good job of that in the early going.

I am not sure where you get your stats. BOL to your team.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

I don't care what their record, theyre still the cubs.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

damn good team though from top to bottom
    but once the playoffs hit, they will remember who they are

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

118 is steep. That's 73%. Almost 3/4, which is where they're at right now, but surely they will hit some rough patches.

I think 100+ is almost automatic. I'd guess they should finish in the 104-108 win range.

Bigdave117

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    118 is steep. That's 73%. Almost 3/4, which is where they're at right now, but surely they will hit some rough patches.

I think 100+ is almost automatic. I'd guess they should finish in the 104-108 win range.
    Reason I'm saying 118 is because they can win so many different ways

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Reason I'm saying 118 is because they can win so many different ways
    Brother see the post I put in, that won't happen and you know it, 118 ???? Come on man. Wait 'til they lose 7-8 in a row, you will be going crazy. Baseball, is all streaks. Maybe they are streaking TOO early. Either way, BOL with your team.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They are looking good so far, but We'll see how they blow it

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

16 games is a tiny sample size; look at every team's best and worst 16 game stretch in any season.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

They've only played 5 different teams so far. I'd wait until 1/2 way through the year and then see where they're at.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

They are going to win a ton of games, but 118 is steep. But hey, we complain when people don't make bold predictions. This one's bold. I'll go with 105 though.

I do think they might break the run differential record. By far and away the biggest ever is the '39 Yankees at +411. Cubs right now at +60 -- on pace for +600 lol.

No doubt this team could go down among the top 10 teams for a single season.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by pboozer57 View Post
    Angels
    Angles
    Angles
    D-backs
    D-backs
    D-backs
    D-backs
    Reds
    Reds
    Rockies
    Rockies
    Rockies
    Rockies
    Cards
    Cards
    Cards
    Reds

Thats a decent schedule.....

Who do you consider good?

D'backs are decent. Cardinals are good. Rockies are decent. Angles are decent. It's not like they're playing the Braves, Padres and Phillies.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Thats a decent schedule.....

Who do you consider good?

D'backs are decent. Cardinals are good. Rockies are decent. Angles are decent. It's not like they're playing the Braves, Padres and Phillies.
    Well, they haven't played the Cubs.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Cubs with another blowout. They now lead MLB in both runs scored and fewest runs allowed (+67 diff). Crazy thing is I don't think the offense has really hit its stride yet. On pace for +638 differential. The all-time record is +411 by the '39 Yanks. That record is definitely in jeopardy this season.

Bigdave117

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Cubs with another blowout. They now lead MLB in both runs scored and fewest runs allowed (+67 diff). Crazy thing is I don't think the offense has really hit its stride yet. On pace for +638 differential. The all-time record is +411 by the '39 Yanks. That record is definitely in jeopardy this season.

Just FYI, if they set the record for all time run differential (which I think they will), they should set the all time win record as well. This team has a good bullpen and they don't beat themselves so their record in close games should be fine

I'm projecting them to score roughly 850-900 runs and allow 450 runs

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Its a long season

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think it will level off guys it's early in the year don't forget

Bigdave117

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think it will level off guys it's early in the year don't forget

the crazy thing is that you really can't say the team is overperforming

Obviously Lester and Arrieta won't both have a sub 2/sub 1 era but I'm projecting Arrieta to be around 1.80 and Lester around 2.80. On offense, Heyward, Zobrist and Soler have all underperformed. Bryant and Rizzo are hitting about how we expected them. Fowler's the only guy really overperforming

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11654

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Please, Please don`t turn this forum into your personal Cubs cheering section.
    A little late for that.

We're looking at a bona fide April juggernaut.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Cubs suck, go piss in you beer cup losers

Bigdave117

3-0 again, holy moly team this team is hot

Amadeo-Picks
    Amadeo-Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3492

It's April. They don't even have the best record in the majors as of right now ....

Bigdave117

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeo-Picks View Post
    It's April. They don't even have the best record in the majors as of right now ....

Nationals have played a REALLY soft schedule. 6 games against the Braves would make any team look good

Amadeo-Picks

Nationals have played a REALLY soft schedule. 6 games against the Braves would make any team look good
    Mid may is when things start to pick up a bit . April standings mean nothing . Yea it's better to start off hot than cold but to make assumptions like that^^. It's premature. And do u think the reds are any better than the Reds ? Maybe just a little but that's it. Both teams will be bottom feeders in their divisions

Amadeo-Picks

Braves ****^^

laumart
    laumart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1910

Cubs will beat up all year on those awful brewers and reds, but then again, so will the rest of teams in this division

12 Last