megamillionslose
    megamillionslose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3740

US women's soccer also moaning about pay inequality?

They are the best in the world simply because most countries don't have the resources or even allow women to practice & play full-time. If those other countries had the same advantages they would be kicking the absolute shit out of the US team like what is always happening to US men's soccer. P.S. Patiently waiting for an Alex Morgan sex tape to surface one of these days

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Who is going to watch the kids home when the men go watch the men play? If the women's league can't make money then they are is going to be pay inequality unless you want the teams to go bankrupt.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

What they mean next to men,if so bring in the sort of money the men do when it comes to major tournaments otherwise shut the f@ck up.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

They have more of a case than the female tennis players do, since they do play as long and as often as the men.

99 times out of 100, owners can pay their athletes more if they wanted to without hurting the bottom line.

Problem is they don't draw overseas, and there's no Title IX type thing out there to give them what they want.

They're probably right, but nothing will come of it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

womens soccer is a dead sport

fuk them

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Ask someone on the street if they'd rather have their favorite women's soccer team win the championship or a dollar bill and see what they say

GoodSun
    GoodSun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

it has nothing to do with the level of women's soccer. its about getting what they are worth. i don't doubt they are more popular than the man's national team, and if what they are reporting is accurate, the us soccer federation should be embarrased and investigated. pay the ladies fairly, thats all they're asking.
    Last edited by GoodSun; 04-01-16 at 01:43 AM.

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Might help their cause if this abusive whore wasn't at the front of it......

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Nobody gives a shit about womens soccer. That's why they get paid less. They couldn't get anybody to go to the women's world cup when they sold tickets for $5 for the love of God!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/soccer...610-story.html

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Riot

GoodSun
    GoodSun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Nobody gives a shit about womens soccer. That's why they get paid less. They couldn't get anybody to go to the women's world cup when they sold tickets for $5 for the love of God!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/soccer...610-story.html
    do you have reading comprehension? its 5 key players of the US WOMENS NATIONAL TEAM filing wage discrimination against the US SOCCER FEDERATION. according to the filing they are getting paid 1/4 th of what the MEN'S NATIONAL TEAM gets paid even tho the US WOMEN NATIONAL TEAM generated $20MILLION more in revenue.

you posted a link of world cup average game attendance for the opening games for different national teams and didn't even read your own article:

Four days into the tournament, only two venues and four games have sold out: Edmonton's Commonwealth Stadium, where a Canadian-record crowd of 53,058 saw the tournament-opening doubleheader featuring the host country, and Investors Group Field in Winnipeg, where 31,148 saw the U.S. play Australia. Nigeria met Sweden in the other game.
    Last edited by GoodSun; 04-01-16 at 03:39 AM.

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

you get paid for how good you are. when women start competing at the same level of men, sure.

wtf is the problem?

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

FIFA obviously didn't receive their bribe in the mail...

lonnloe
    lonnloe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1434

once they are able to market it like mens soccer pay will increase.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSun View Post
    do you have reading comprehension? its 5 key players of the US WOMENS NATIONAL TEAM filing wage discrimination against the US SOCCER FEDERATION. according to the filing they are getting paid 1/4 th of what the MEN'S NATIONAL TEAM gets paid even tho the US WOMEN NATIONAL TEAM generated $20MILLION more in revenue.

you posted a link of world cup average game attendance for the opening games for different national teams and didn't even read your own article:

Four days into the tournament, only two venues and four games have sold out: Edmonton's Commonwealth Stadium, where a Canadian-record crowd of 53,058 saw the tournament-opening doubleheader featuring the host country, and Investors Group Field in Winnipeg, where 31,148 saw the U.S. play Australia. Nigeria met Sweden in the other game.
    I get your point but come on man, when is the last time you heard someone say, hey let's go down and catch that wnba game? Or hey can't wait for the women's ncaa selection show so we can see the bracket? No one, it's no secret that men's sports teams dwarf womens.

It's simple business, you can't ask for men's money when you only get a part of the fans, tv ratings, and live coversge. A court can't force people to care and that is basically what these ladies want.Sure maybe they can be paid alittle more but asking for equal money, even an idiot can look at basic sales of events across all sports and come to the conclusion woman's athletics isn't nearly as popular and thus aren't worth the same value.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I get your point but come on man, when is the last time you heard someone say, hey let's go down and catch that wnba game? Or hey can't wait for the women's ncaa selection show so we can see the bracket? No one, it's no secret that men's sports teams dwarf womens.

It's simple business, you can't ask for men's money when you only get a part of the fans, tv ratings, and live coversge. A court can't force people to care and that is basically what these ladies want.Sure maybe they can be paid alittle more but asking for equal money, even an idiot can look at basic sales of events across all sports and come to the conclusion woman's athletics isn't nearly as popular and thus aren't worth the same value.
    Women's sports as a whole, you're correct. But not the case as it relates to soccer. The women's team is more popular and pulls in more money. Period. I don't blame them one bit, fuks that do nothing but sit behind a desk are making millions off their backs.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

women are right in this case, really cant argue against it

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Women's sports as a whole, you're correct. But not the case as it relates to soccer. The women's team is more popular and pulls in more money. Period. I don't blame them one bit, fuks that do nothing but sit behind a desk are making millions off their backs.
    More popular,how did you work that out. I don't buy that myself.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 04-01-16 at 12:57 PM.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by mikewlgm View Post

One of the most miserable humans on the face of this earth.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I think all men should just stop working.
    Then the women can work or collect welfare
    while we hang around all day.
    They can do the plumbing and the yard work too.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

MLS sells out all games. Do women even have a league? They get together every 4 years and play 5 games, one game vs Tuvalu and one vs Swaziland and then they win a World Cup, maybe. Men play tons of games every year almost non-stop.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    MLS sells out all games. Do women even have a league? They get together every 4 years and play 5 games, one game vs Tuvalu and one vs Swaziland and then they win a World Cup, maybe. Men play tons of games every year almost non-stop.
    Good point,if the women have a league,im not aware of it.

Killer2121
    Killer2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2099

The women do have a league, but it's a joke. It's in the US I believe but it's not even solid. Last I heard it was called the WPS, but it folded in 2011.

packerd_00

Oh really,not surprising,only real reason people were watching the women in the WC was because theyd made the Final. It was much more about bragging rights then anything. To say womens Soccer is more popular is completely ignorant,they cant even hold down a Pro League.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    More popular,how did you work that out. I don't buy that myself.
    I'm speaking strictly of the US Women's National team. And I didn't work it out for myself, there's a mountain of information available on the net, including the meeting minutes from US Soccer stating the Women's team is expected to create more revenue the next couple of years. It's not just salary, it's travel arrangements, meal money, etc. The Men's team is treated like a major league club, the ladies like Single A. Based on their respective play it should be the other way around.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Ok Honey, you deserve to get paid more. Now get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich.

Killer2121
    Killer2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2099

Oh really,not surprising,only real reason people were watching the women in the WC was because theyd made the Final. It was much more about bragging rights then anything. To say womens Soccer is more popular is completely ignorant,they cant even hold down a Pro League.
    I laughed when Hope Solo said that she along with a few other women can compete in the mens pro leagues . The national team struggled against (and lost I believe) the u17 boys team. They only dominate because women's soccer is undeveloped and they were one of the first to really focus on it.

That being said, if they're bringing in that amount of money, they deserve more. I just hate the feminist propaganda that goes along with it.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    I'm speaking strictly of the US Women's National team. And I didn't work it out for myself, there's a mountain of information available on the net, including the meeting minutes from US Soccer stating the Women's team is expected to create more revenue the next couple of years. It's not just salary, it's travel arrangements, meal money, etc. The Men's team is treated like a major league club, the ladies like Single A. Based on their respective play it should be the other way around.
    Bottom line mate,if you had a choice between watching the US Men or the US Women in a WC final,who would you pick.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Killer2121 View Post
    I laughed when Hope Solo said that she along with a few other women can compete in the mens pro leagues . The national team struggled against (and lost I believe) the u17 boys team. They only dominate because women's soccer is undeveloped and they were one of the first to really focus on it.

That being said, if they're bringing in that amount of money, they deserve more. I just hate the feminist propaganda that goes along with it.
    Lol! Silly bitch,shed be in for a rude awakening,I can tell you that much. Put her in net for Manchester United or Real Madrid for a season,see how cocky shell be after that shit kicking.

Be like some WNBA player saying they all could come and survive in the NBA with the big boys.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

When you look at what the Women's team has accomplished, and the amount of recognition/titles they've brought to the US Soccer Federation...the compensation they receive is a joke compared to what the men's team receive. There is a Women's League in the US, and other countries, but the pay is laughable unless you're one of the big names like an Alex Morgan etc and you carry endorsements. It's the reason the Big Names are carrying the lawsuit.

And for those who think the Women don't carry their weight...here are some numbers:
    U.S. Soccer released financial details at its last general meeting that projects the women will generate $17.6 million in the 2017 fiscal year, while the men bring in an estimated $9 million. The women's team has already qualified for the Rio Olympics; the men's team failed to qualify. For the 2016 fiscal year, the national teams were expected to operate at a deficit of $420,929 but instead generated revenues of $17.7 million, thanks in part to the women's World Cup victory and subsequent tour. The women were far more visible because it was a World Cup year for them.

So some are basically just ripping on the women because they want to be diks...when in reality they're covering for a suck ass mens team to be honest
    Last edited by Dirty Sanchez; 04-01-16 at 09:27 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

The reason the men's team has more expenses is they play qualifiers and friendlies overseas. Also since 90% of the players play in Europe they have to fly them and provide accommodations even for the home games. There are FIFA rules they have to follow for payments and reimbursable expenses. When Tim Howard takes a leave of absence from Everton to play for USMNT the USMNT has to buy insurance because if he gets hurt Everton will sue them. He has a $10 million contract with Everton and insurance ain't cheap.

No one here has a clue on how world's men's soccer is run. It's a multi billion dollar business and there are rules and regulations for players and national soccer federations like the US everyone must follow.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by mikewlgm View Post

Girl has a straight ax wound downstairs

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    When you look at what the Women's team has accomplished, and the amount of recognition/titles they've brought to the US Soccer Federation...the compensation they receive is a joke compared to what the men's team receive. There is a Women's League in the US, and other countries, but the pay is laughable unless you're one of the big names like an Alex Morgan etc and you carry endorsements. It's the reason the Big Names are carrying the lawsuit.

And for those who think the Women don't carry their weight...here are some numbers:
    U.S. Soccer released financial details at its last general meeting that projects the women will generate $17.6 million in the 2017 fiscal year, while the men bring in an estimated $9 million. The women's team has already qualified for the Rio Olympics; the men's team failed to qualify. For the 2016 fiscal year, the national teams were expected to operate at a deficit of $420,929 but instead generated revenues of $17.7 million, thanks in part to the women's World Cup victory and subsequent tour. The women were far more visible because it was a World Cup year for them.

So some are basically just ripping on the women because they want to be diks...when in reality they're covering for a suck ass mens team to be honest
    The men aren't playing in watered down tournaments like the women have been,winning three straight WC tournaments tells you how mediocre the competition must really be.

I want to see the US Women come and play in a Men's WC,show em how easy it is.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 04-02-16 at 02:19 PM.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 652

The men aren't playing in watered down tournaments like the women have been,winning three straight WC tournaments tells you how mediocre the competition must really be.

I want to see the US Women come and play in a Men's WC,show em how easy it is.
    When did they do that? They've won 3 in 25 years... Last before this one was in 1999..

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by DA_MOSS View Post
    When did they do that? They've won 3 in 25 years... Last before this one was in 1999..
    I misread the article,it was three straight Gold Medals,oh well my bad. But besides which cant compare the Mens WC to the Women's,the level of competition is on another level.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 04-02-16 at 02:27 PM.

12 Last