Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    He is aware of all that. He's saying not easy to get down like that with no money or credit.
    Shame on him if he can't get access to the money.

I've hedged several bets like this in the last 20 years. They weren't $100k but in the $30k range. I was able to make nice profits on each hedging.

A few years ago a guy had a huge bet on Auburn football where he could win like $60k. His best friend who was an accountant and another Auburn fan convinced him not to hedge because he thought it would be bad luck. He didn't and Auburn had a huge lead (21-3) going into the half and looking good. Well an FSU hail mary right before the half and a huge 4th quarter killed the bet. I would have killed my friend. I definitely would have fired him as an accountant. You should always hedge, even for a small $4-5k profit.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    zero?

why play the game at all then?
    sell commercials.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Syracuse has ZERO chance to beat North Carolina. The only reason the game will be played is NCAA's TV contract with CBS.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Man is crazy to sell it off.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Name:  200w.gif
Views: 195
Size:  691.5 KB
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Syracuse has ZERO chance to beat North Carolina. The only reason the game will be played is NCAA's TV contract with CBS.
    Zero chance? This is sports Pavy. Anything can happen in a 1 game winner take all. We all know that the best team doesn't always win. I was in Reliant a few years ago when the Final Four was in Houston the last time and let me tell you. That arena is a horrible place to play basketball. The depth perception was awful. Who really knows what team might be affected.

bithko
    bithko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4114

You have to edge...

For sure you have to end up with a profit, don't miss that opportunity...

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

All you smarty pants with all these scenarios.....

GUY bet $100. He doesn`t have 70-90K, then again, who does who bets $100 props.

Has to hope Cuse wins, then of course easy payout/hedge opportunities.

bithko
    bithko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4114

He could put only 1000$ on North Carolina...Just to have a little profit, that's better of doing nothing

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

I've hedged several bets like this in the last 20 years. They weren't $100k but in the $30k range. I was able to make nice profits on each hedging.

A few years ago a guy had a huge bet on Auburn football where he could win like $60k. His best friend who was an accountant and another Auburn fan convinced him not to hedge because he thought it would be bad luck. He didn't and Auburn had a huge lead (21-3) going into the half and looking good. Well an FSU hail mary right before the half and a huge 4th quarter killed the bet. I would have killed my friend. I definitely would have fired him as an accountant. You should always hedge, even for a small $4-5k profit.
    I agree.

ico2525
    ico2525's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

So one of the things I saw in today's USA Today was regarding shooting at Houston's NRG Stadium, that 3pt% isn't as high because of some depth perception stuff. Now, it may be crap, but there is data to support it, and the story is deemed newsworthy.

This leads one to think about two plays, the under, and Syracuse +9.5. Syracuse self-proclaims they live and die by the three. More importantly, they play in a converted dome stadium. NRG is much more similar to the Carrier Dome than to the Dean Smith Center in NC. If Syracuse gets hot with 3s, and NC struggles beyond the arc, +9.5 is definitely the play. The Orange may not win, but NC won't run away with a double digit victory.

ico2525
    ico2525's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

And I like U 145 in the other game.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by ico2525 View Post
    So one of the things I saw in today's USA Today was regarding shooting at Houston's NRG Stadium, that 3pt% isn't as high because of some depth perception stuff. Now, it may be crap, but there is data to support it, and the story is deemed newsworthy.

This leads one to think about two plays, the under, and Syracuse +9.5. Syracuse self-proclaims they live and die by the three. More importantly, they play in a converted dome stadium. NRG is much more similar to the Carrier Dome than to the Dean Smith Center in NC. If Syracuse gets hot with 3s, and NC struggles beyond the arc, +9.5 is definitely the play. The Orange may not win, but NC won't run away with a double digit victory.
    100% there is something to it being tougher to shoot in domes because of the depth perception.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3032

The guy may not have the funds to maximize his profits here but he better get back more than the hundred or he is a fool.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

I remember that game well,I had the Seminoles.

southmaniac6
    southmaniac6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I think the action is split on this game. Book might need cuse to cover. The ticket is worthless due to the huge spread. Sucks cuz if unc lost , the ml would be lower

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3032

Quote Originally Posted by southmaniac6 View Post
    I think the action is split on this game. Book might need cuse to cover. The ticket is worthless due to the huge spread. Sucks cuz if unc lost , the ml would be lower
    Not worthless by any stretch but the heavy underdog situation in this game and the NC game stacked against Cuse severely limits the hedge profits.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Syracuse is not going to win

Boheim goes down as the greatest coach of all times if they

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

I'm in the same boat
    CBS group , in 1st and 6th for 2500..250 @10 per
    So if Cuse and Nova win, I still win , up 11 points but the ones behind me have Oklahoma and UNC
    My only shot , they both lose
    I'm fukked

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Shit just got real
    Oklahoma gone
    Cuse pull it out , I somehow win the board
    Let go ORANGE

First 12