MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

If the 76ers get #1 overall pick, what do they do?

This is of course assuming that they do get the #1 overall and god knows they deserve it.1

I think it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Bazza Simmons goes #1 overall. With Nerlens, Jahlil and, atleast ostensibly, Joel Oden in what seems to be a fairly deep front court, does Philly draft Simmons and continue to stack pieces that will never really make sense on the floor together at once?

Or do they trade down for a decent back court guy? Perhaps Ingram, Jaylen Brown, maybe a Kris Dunn? Maybe even Buddy Hield if you believe his game will translate. Denzel Valentine a very talented player that would be available also. If I were running the organization which, I could probably do about as competently as they have done the last 5 years, this would be my move.

Don't think the team does much with fukkin Ish Smith and Robert Covington taking 25 shots a game.

Can someone who actually follows / watches 6ers games weigh in?2

1 Do they really deserve anything at this point? Maybe not.
    2 Does anyone still watch 6ers games? My little brother does cuz his girlfriend is from Philly. Poor kid.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

I watch occasionally, they take Simmons #1 and hope the Lakers land the #4 pick which would become Sixers property since its top 3 protected. Maybe they get Valentine at 4! If Embiid plays at all in 2017 this team will finally turn the tide.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

MO it does not matter

Pencil them in for 55 loses next year

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

They should try to bring kobe outta retirement. Flash their lineup to arowse his interest

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Lakers will get 1st pick
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    I watch occasionally, they take Simmons #1 and hope the Lakers land the #4 pick which would become Sixers property since its top 3 protected. Maybe they get Valentine at 4! If Embiid plays at all in 2017 this team will finally turn the tide.
    Most mocks have Valentine going outside lottery. Not entirely sure why. He seems to have the skills, length, speed to play at the next level.

Don't understand why some guys get looked over. Only thing I can think of is him being on the short side of NBA SGs but his skill set is so good that I don't think it matters. Tips the scales at 220 so not like he will get thrown around.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    MO it does not matter

Pencil them in for 55 loses next year
    Probably, yes.

Franchise in shambles. Back court is a mess though. Tough to win in today's NBA with all your best players at the 4 and 5.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lakers will get 1st pick
    Would be an interesting turn of events. Simmons would fit there. Especially with Deangelo russell finally starting to show some signs of living up to his enormous potential.

Byron Scott needs to go though.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Sixers will probably wise up and take Ingram

if Lakers somehow pull the #1, they could prefer him as well

this might be a situation where having the #2 pick could be better since it would force the other team to make the judgment call

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no college kid making any nba team a winner

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I hope they don't get it. I want Kris Dunn. The sixers need a great facilitator to set up their bigs.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Gotta think long term JJ

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Those guys are all centers and Simmons is a 4. He is the best player and can also backup at PG. Maybe they can trade Okafor for a wing if someone wants him he is very overrated cannot rebound, guard or shoot.

existential

Okafor can shoot some, the problem is that he's fat and has a terrible work ethic

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Sixers should draft a kid that can score and play defense because you need to do these in the NBA.

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

Sack Brown

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

holy fukk mo this deserved my attention, however, they blow it or re-draft Joel Embiid

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    This is of course assuming that they do get the #1 overall and god knows they deserve it.1

I think it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Bazza Simmons goes #1 overall. With Nerlens, Jahlil and, atleast ostensibly, Joel Oden in what seems to be a fairly deep front court, does Philly draft Simmons and continue to stack pieces that will never really make sense on the floor together at once?

Or do they trade down for a decent back court guy? Perhaps Ingram, Jaylen Brown, maybe a Kris Dunn? Maybe even Buddy Hield if you believe his game will translate. Denzel Valentine a very talented player that would be available also. If I were running the organization which, I could probably do about as competently as they have done the last 5 years, this would be my move.

Don't think the team does much with fukkin Ish Smith and Robert Covington taking 25 shots a game.

Can someone who actually follows / watches 6ers games weigh in?2

1 Do they really deserve anything at this point? Maybe not.
    2 Does anyone still watch 6ers games? My little brother does cuz his girlfriend is from Philly. Poor kid.
    how tall is your little brother? does have have a shot at being #1? I mean it is the 76ers.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    how tall is your little brother? does have have a shot at being #1? I mean it is the 76ers.
    Cudi I think Ingram being projected to go #1 now but I think that is because it's the 6ers.

Many other teams would love to take Simmons though. I don't think people are giving him enough credit. Has skills to be a solid player.

Brother is 5'11

Spends time in Philly though so might be able to get a try out / 10 day contract.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Simmons and it's not really that close. Ingram will be the no-brainer at #2. After that your guess is as good as mine.

existential

Jaylen Brown has epic bust written all over him

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Draft another 4/5 spot probably lol. Tank again next year, rinse, wash , repeat......

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16119

I haven't followed CBB that closely, but when a 6'10 240er gets compared to T-Mac and can play both forward spots you take him?!

Sixers have drafted horribly so it will take more than one player to turn their fortunes. They need Embiid to get over the foot injuries and (apparently) to grow up. I've seen Saric play in Europe -he'll help them.

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

Sixers will take Simmons at #1

Getting Lakers pick is not a big priority as they will have another down year next year and draft will be loaded next year.

They will look at a shooter with #4:Jaylen Brown/Jamal Murray/Hield.
    Murray/Hield could contribute right away but Brown would need a few years to grow

Some scouts have Simmons projected as a PG and I could definitely see Sixers using him there
    Last edited by Covy; 03-20-16 at 10:00 AM.

IBetYou

No coach will play Simmons at the point. The league is going smaller not bigger. Point forward yes, point guard no.

Lakers aren't sliding out of the top 3. They will swing for the fences in FA and try to make the playoffs next year. It's their way.

IBetYou

Whiteside & H.Barnes will make good targets...

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13521

This I'm afraid is true. I'm a Celtic fan and they could be 1-5, and 2 at 13-18. They have what amounts to 4 first rounders from last 2 years not getting sig minutes.

I don't see anything/one sure NBA star. Weak group IMHO>

existential

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Lakers aren't sliding out of the top 3. They will swing for the fences in FA and try to make the playoffs next year. It's their way.
    probably not, but they could get really unlucky and slide to the #3 pick which would be no man's land unless you need a PG - in that case, you could reach on Dunn there and not feel too awful about it considering how horrible this draft is.

if Lakers slip down to the #3, they'll have no use for Dunn or the draft.

at that point, they could try trading the pick to someone like Sac for Cousins (Kings would take Dunn with Rondo probably leaving)

or maybe to the Nets (who might want Dunn) for their unprotected 1st rounder in 2017. Nets have no first rounder this year as of now.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Its the Sixers....it doesnt matter. They will give their #1 pick away in a few years from now anyways.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

I think 6ers will take Ingram. Team needs him more and I think he will be able to contribute more quickly than Simmons.

Lakers take Simmons at 2. Gives them an intriguing group of young guys and an old guy named Young.

Celtics I think should take Dragan Bender. He's a project but they have a weaker front court. Sullinger/ Johnson / Olynyk not a great group. Bender could be a Kristaps Porzingis stretch 5 type guy that would open up a lot for them. May not be right pick as they are in 'compete now' mode but kid could be a solid Euro type big man. Shouldn't be overlooked.

Suns take Brown or Dunn. Hard to see who they take as they could use literally anyone with a pulse at any position other than SG.

Pelican's could use a 3 so Brown would make sense if he makes it down to wherever the Pels pick but getting a little unlikey. Could take Dunn but Jrue could actually be serviceable NBA point guard. Maybe.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Mo I never appreciated your NBA expertise before this thread

#respecttheIQ

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Mo I never appreciated your NBA expertise before this thread

#respecttheIQ
    A resounding endorsement.

Thanks, Krak.

I post a lot of stupid shit on here but I am serious about all things basketball.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Dario Saric, source said, told his teammates he intends to leave Europe for Sixers this offseason. - David Pick

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Mo 1st poster to use footnotes

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Just trade Okafor please.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122