sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Pacers to do some damage in the East...

Just added Ty Lawson. If he can find even a fraction of his 2015 form with this fresh start, he will be dangerous. He is still one of the quickest players in the NBA & should suit the Pacers small ball line ups well.

CJ Miles returns soon from his calf injury, then you could argue that Indiana has the deepest 5 guard rotation in the entire NBA with

1. George Hill
    1. Ty Lawson
    2. Monta Ellis
    2. Rodney Stuckey
    2-3. CJ Miles

Combine that with a legit superstar in Paul George and the Pacers can do some damage in the play-offs.

Of course they are not going to win shit with Mahinmi & Myles Turner in the front court, however I can see a scenario where they move as high as 4th (only 3.5 games behind Miami currently) and then give the Cav's a difficult & physical 2nd round match up.

Probably not a team either Cleveland or Toronto wants to face in the playoffs...?

Perhaps I am overrating their chances? I just can't get past the potential quality of their guard rotation if all are healthy & playing well.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Agreed, but I don't think George is ready to carry a team on his back right now to a finals appearance. I don't see him as a leader and I don't see enough leaders on that team to get it done when it matters most.

I can't take them in a 7 game series against a team like miami, with or without bosh.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yes

I would not want to play them

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Agreed, but I don't think George is ready to carry a team on his back right now to a finals appearance. I don't see him as a leader and I don't see enough leaders on that team to get it done when it matters most.

I can't take them in a 7 game series against a team like miami, with or without bosh.
    Yeah Miami is real dangerous. Dragic has been in good form & even old man Joe Johnson has been playing well. Shame Bosh is injured. Heat vs. Cav's would have been a very very interesting ECF...