iceman02
    iceman02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2965

Pepperdine down 16...

Down 16 1.5 mins to go. Why are they fouling every play? This is some bullshit. They ****** up my under.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

ehhh... assuming you had around 132, there was 125 points scored with just under 2 min left, Pepp down 17... so you had a 6 point cushion with just under 2 min left in a rout.. I think it's rare you see 6 points or less scored in the last 2 min in that scenario very often.

i was on the under too but it really had no business coming in

iceman02

Point shavers? Anyone

pattymayo

and it's not even like it was close really, 68 points in the first half is never good when you're sitting on under 132

iceman02

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    ehhh... assuming you had around 132, there was 125 points scored with just under 2 min left, Pepp down 17... so you had a 6 point cushion with just under 2 min left in a rout.. I think it's rare you see 6 points or less scored in the last 2 min in that scenario very often.

i was on the under too but it really had no business coming in
    I had the under 138.5 live.

They had to average 7.5 points a min last 1.5 mins. They ****** me up big time. I couldn't belive what i was seeing. I never seen such fouling down 16-17 with min left in game.

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by iceman02 View Post
    I had the under 138.5 live.

They had to average 7.5 points a min last 1.5 mins. They ****** me up big time. I couldn't belive what i was seeing. I never seen such fouling down 16-17 with min left in game.
    eh well that kind of sucks then.. still though, conference tourney semi final, not some meaningless game in December. Sure coach teaches them to just extend the game in these situations

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Point shaving live wagers now?

My God, when does it end?
    Points Awarded:

existential gave The Giant 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE, and El Nino

pattymayo

not sure how you could call it 'point shaving' though when the total soared over the posted # and really wasn't even in question.. you think these kids were out there trying to screw all the live under bettors?

iceman02

mathematically its almost impossible to come back from 16 down with 1.5 mins left. that requires 5 steals and 5 3 points in less then 1.5 min. these fuckers kept fouling after st marks made their free throw. How does that make any sense.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

It happens, it's the risk you take when betting totals. I had a game similar last week. Can't remember who was playing but same thing, one team getting routed, with under 2 to play the team down 18 starts picking up full court and fouling when they couldn't hit a shot anyways so it was pointless. Ended up going over and I was obviously pissed because it made zero sense. Then you get games where you just need 6 points more to get the over with under a minute to go down 2 or 3 possessions and they don't foul letting 3/4 of the time remaining to go off the clock instead of fouling to extend the game, which is maddening because that is the usual time you would see a team foul as it is smarter to lengthen a game to give them a better chance to win. It's the way the cookie crumbles, some teams and coaches are complete morons. You can't cap stupidity and it will get a person from time to time.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Also this happens in march. Teams playing in conference tournaments or ncaa tournament will do some irregular things when it starts to sink in they are being eliminated. This will cause teams to foul in games a few more times at the end of the game even though they know the game is over. Teams like Pepperdine know their only chance was to win the tournament to dance.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

hahaha...prolly one of the funniest things ive read in a while...not laughing at all at your beat iceman...but point shaving live lines? LOL come on..

iceman02

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    hahaha...prolly one of the funniest things ive read in a while...not laughing at all at your beat iceman...but point shaving live lines? LOL come on..
    dude first the cavs bend me over now this. horrible night. i hate starting the week -800