TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The money spent advertising this movie is astronomical.

Forget about making mega profits.

Will they even break even?

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Getting 75% from critics on Rotten Tomatoes...a lot higher than I expected. AMC has Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2 on back to back tonight. Watching the special effects in Ghostbusters today is hilarious. They are bad. The subtle comedy is great though. These constant reboots just go to show the lack of creativity in Hollywood.

Some of Melissa McCarthy's movies are cringe worthy, but Spy was really funny.
    The Rock wants to remake Big Trouble In Little China.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Unreal. I read he is making Rampage...the old arcade/Nintendo video game into a movie. I mean...whaaaaat?

The Rock needs to stop making movies. People need to stop watching and paying to see the utter garbage he is in. Ballers is fukkin' terrible. It's worse than Entourage ever was.

packerd_00

Unreal. I read he is making Rampage...the old arcade/Nintendo video game into a movie. I mean...whaaaaat?

The Rock needs to stop making movies. People need to stop watching and paying to see the utter garbage he is in. Ballers is fukkin' terrible. It's worse than Entourage ever was.
    Lol! Jesus,how many people would even remember Rampage to care,what is he thinking.

Dude needs to just stick with Wrestling,havent seen Ballers but judging by the other stuff he's done ill take your word for it. When he played a Tooth Fairy,I thought he's as bad as Hogan,anything to make a buck.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 07-15-16 at 01:28 AM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I heard The Rock is addicted to needles. Guy blowing up like a balloon.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Who is worse adam sandler or rock?

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

It will be a huge bust.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I don't watch most remakes. If they did it so well the first time, there is no reason to redo it other than to potentially make huge bucks off of nostalgia. Being the thrifty, middle aged man I am, I'll stick with the original on the DVD I bought for $3.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Were the originals actually good movies? Havent watched the old ones since I was a kid, and alot of the shit I liked back then is painful to watch now, including the movies you listed.

This doesnt look terrible. Wouldnt pay to see it. But if its an option on an airplane or sometthing, probably would check it out for a few minutes before writing it off.
    So I did end up paying to see it...

Give it a B/B-. Had a few corny parts but was funny enough to keep me entertained the entire way through. Can watch this with family and everybody would be fine. Only real complaint was the villain being generic and uninteresting.

PS. Looking back, it's like whoever edited the trailer wanted this movie to fail.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

taking my girl to see it at the drive inn tonight. Seeing that and the mike and ...need wedding dates. Will report back with review tomorrow.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

What did you guys expect? Women aren't funny.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Got that right

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10662

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    One of the best "bad"movies that there is. I remember seeing this in a theater . At one point they started talking in like Chinese or whatever the hell it was. The was a Chinese lady sitting a couple seats up from us. At the parts where they were talking Chinese she was on the floor laughing. Made me laugh wondering wth they were saying .

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Richard Pryor one of the funniest motherfuckers ever

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

It was a pretty garbage movie the kids will like it tho. I think most movies are shit so my opinion is biased.

Whoever said rock only makes shit movies hasnt seen the older movies he is in and more importantly probably havent seen pain n gain that movie its the shit

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    One of the best "bad"movies that there is. I remember seeing this in a theater . At one point they started talking in like Chinese or whatever the hell it was. The was a Chinese lady sitting a couple seats up from us. At the parts where they were talking Chinese she was on the floor laughing. Made me laugh wondering wth they were saying .
    Its a classic mate,I guess they figured most Westerners arent gonna no diffrence,kind of like on that film Waynes World when Wayne starts talking Cantonese,could have been saying anything.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 07-21-16 at 04:28 PM.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10250

F-A-I-L

Soft $46 Million Dollar Opening Weekend.

Paul Feig’s all-female reboot of Ghostbusters has failed to top the US box office with a lukewarm $46m opening weekend.
    It’s also envisioned as the start of a new franchise with Sony promising more films to come.The comedy horror, starring Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig, will need to impress international audiences to warrant its $144m budget. Analysts suggest that it will need to make around $300m globally to break even. After almost two years of online anger from fans over the choice to cast four women in the lead roles, the audience was 57% female – a high number for a blockbuster.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Is that like the real trailer? Hey I'm all about wasting 90 minutes on brainless entertainment occasionally but this is seriously just pure sh*t

king7811
    Update your status
    king7811's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

Nice if you don't know what to do but I prefer the old ones.

First 12