TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's with the Gov. of Louisiana threatening to cancel LSU football this season!?

I was traveling through Cajun country yesterday and overheard some highly pissed off Louisianaians talking about how there new Governor is threatening to defund LSU football and their TOPS programs for other students if he doesn't get his wish list of new taxes this summer. I sort of commented to get more information and then left the store and Googled the subject and it turns out it's actually not some Bayou conspiracy chatter.

I guess the Governor doesn't know his people very well, or maybe this was some brilliant way of getting people to pay attention because he certainly has them involved now. You try to mess with LSU football and it got the message across.

Anyone on the board here from Louisiana? Any local information as to how realistic these chances are?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

It is nothing more than a political ploy by a Democratic Governor to get a Republican Legislature to raise taxes.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

little scare tactic....even though he claimed the opposite LOL...

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think he was actually in the legislature for years, agreeing to all that was going on is the ironic part. Suddenly he is Governor and now blames his old job slot for the ills. Only in Louisiana.