DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

LA Chargers - Its official

San Diego Chargers and Los Angeles Rams have reached an agreement allowing the Chargers to move to Los Angeles and share a stadium in Inglewood.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

So no Las Vegas Raiders now or what?

DwightShrute

hold on a sec ...

After Chargers owner Dean Spanos announces that the team will not move for the 2016 season, Roger Goodell and NFL ownership have committed $300 million to assist in building a new stadium in San Diego.

Chargers to stay in San Diego for at least 2016
    The Chargers will stay in San Diego for the 2016 season, but if a long-term stadium solution isn't worked out, they have an agreement with the Rams to move to Inglewood long term.
    ESPN.GO.COM

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

looks like I'm a free agent now

what a shitty day for San Diego

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

I read they will stay in San Diego in 2016, and will go to LA if a deal in San Diego is not reached.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...not-worked-out

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

please STOP
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

DwightShrute

sorry, both stories were posted on sportscenter within a few minutes

https://www.facebook.com/SportsCenter/?fref=nf

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

The Galaxy will draw bigger crowds in LA. The city and county of San Diego had a viable solution for the Chargers, but Dean Spanos and his toadie Mark Fabiani shit on it in favor of Carson. I can't believe that San Diego is still dealing with these clowns, but I hope they work something out. The NFL stepping in with some cash should help. The Chargers belong in San Diego.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave SharpAngles 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute gave SharpAngles 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think it's a good move for San Diego to stay there it's where they belong

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    well done.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Shortly after the Chargers announced that they will remain in San Diego for at least one more year, Chargers players gave San Diego fans a message: You’d better support us.

Chargers outside linebacker Melvin Ingram and wide receiver Keenan Allen took to Twitter and wrote that if San Diego wants to prove it deserves the Chargers, the fans should buy up every ticket.

“Staying in San Diego 4 another year..Every home game better be sold out..Charger blue everywhere Fans got what they wanted Now come support,” Ingram wrote.

Added Allen, “So it’s looks like we are going to be in San Diego for another season. The stadium better be packed. The fans got what they wanted. Now let’s see sell outs every home game! And not the other teams colors!”

That did not go over well with Chargers fans, who replied to the players on Twitter to say they’ve been loyal to the team for decades. Replies included:

“We’ve been supporting for over 50 years, bro. Stupid tweet.”

“Just send out another tweet and apologize dude. That was stupid and if you don’t get why fans have been mad…different story.”

“Might be kinda cool if y’all win more than 4 games though I mean if you want fans to show up.”

“Do you know how tone deaf you sound?”

It does sound tone deaf, especially when the truth is, selling out every game won’t keep the Chargers in San Diego. The only thing that will keep the Chargers in San Diego is the community agreeing to spend more taxpayer money on a stadium. If the city won’t do that, this will be the Chargers’ last year in San Diego.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Spot on, and at this rate, the City and County do not want to have their tax money wasted on a 4-12 team that really has little hope of climbing out of the AFC West Cellar in the near future. The Chargers have made the playoffs just one time in the past 6 seasons. The 2016 schedule includes games at Houston, Indy, Carolina and Atlanta, plus a game at Cleveland and the other three AFC West Teams. That, in itself, is enough to keep them out of the playoffs again.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Spot on, and at this rate, the City and County do not want to have their tax money wasted on a 4-12 team that really has little hope of climbing out of the AFC West Cellar in the near future. The Chargers have made the playoffs just one time in the past 6 seasons. The 2016 schedule includes games at Houston, Indy, Carolina and Atlanta, plus a game at Cleveland and the other three AFC West Teams. That, in itself, is enough to keep them out of the playoffs again.
    Like usual, you miss the bigger picture

Typical Republican

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Like usual, you miss the bigger picture

Typical Republican
    That IS the big picture you dumb arse. No one gives a sh*t about you broke loser Liberals. If the Chargers were a consistent winning team, they could write their own ticket and the people would shell out the bucks. Since they are not, they cannot. Only a fool would want their tax dollars spent on a new stadium for a bad team. A fool, and perhaps, yourself, one of the biggest fools in here. Now go crawl back into your hole.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

How long has it been since an NFL team/franchise disappeared? As in, disbanded?

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

That IS the big picture you dumb arse. No one gives a sh*t about you broke loser Liberals. If the Chargers were a consistent winning team, they could write their own ticket and the people would shell out the bucks. Since they are not, they cannot. Only a fool would want their tax dollars spent on a new stadium for a bad team. A fool, and perhaps, yourself, one of the biggest fools in here. Now go crawl back into your hole.
    I can get behind you on this one, BigDaddyQH

Let those libtards have it

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

I love how these idiot players think that fans who make diddly dick in general should be the ones responsible for shouldering the load, and not an owner or team that makes millions a year, all guaranteed.

What a steaming pile of crap they have for brains

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Lots of support on stage for Chargers stadium signing campaign Roger Goodell, LT, Rivers, Mike McCoy, Jason Verrett

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

The only reason SD charger games are sold out is because of the visiting teams' fans

Definitely an extra home game for Denver and Oakland

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

LaDainian Tomlinson Gets the Crowd Fired Up

http://www.chargers.com/video/2016/0...ts-crowd-fired

jjgold

No idea how this is going to work out let's get to Vegas

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Thank GOD as a Raider fan!!! No matter where we end up Oakland, Vegas, Diego, San Antone I've said from go street L.A. will not work for 2 teams in that market. Gonna be interesting watching Charger "home games" though when Raiders come to town and it's 70% silver/black in stands. Extra home game for us each year

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Damn I'm drunk this an old post that sucks. Gonna say last I heard a deal to keep them in Diego looked promising.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

As the NFL attempts to persuade San Diego to contribute $350 million to build a new stadium, the league is talking up the city as a future Super Bowl host.

At a rally to support the tax increase, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell called the new stadium “a home for the Chargers and a perfect place for a Super Bowl,” the San Diego Union-Tribune reports.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...%5Bfootball%5D

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah that's pretty much last I heard. Gonna roll out a tax scheme to cover most the costs and have tourists eat the bill essentially. Business in Merica!

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

I think New York is ready for a 4th NFL team. It could be the first billion dollar stadium with bathrooms that everyone can use to please the LGBT and footbaths for Muslims, a kosher section, have a black history section to acknowledge Kenny Washington and oh, can't forget the super section for the richest one percent. Super section includes masseuses, copies of the wall street journal and the finest caviar. Yeah, NY is ready for it!

jjgold

LA a pit hole

SD will FOLD

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

i surprisingly agree with QH.. wow.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Chargers ownership gave a brief update to the rest of the league during the recent NFL owners meeting in Houston, noting the lack of support from council members for their downtown stadium project, and the bleak odds of winning a ballot initiative next month, sources said.

While the Chargers told other owners they now have the support of the San Diego mayor for their new facility, that endorsement came only weeks before the vote and the team has been unable to secure any support from a single city council member, according to sources present at the ownership meeting.

The new stadium would need 66 percent approval; team sources believe perhaps they could achieve a majority, but reaching two-thirds seems beyond remote. If they do achieve at least a majority, then team and league sources indicated perhaps it could invoke some hope of a stadium down the road, while falling short of that would essentially be a death blow to the project.

The Chargers have an option to join the Rams in Los Angeles in January, and team sources have indicated that is basically their only recourse should they lose the November vote as expected.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ch...-in-san-diego/