packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Youre correct with the bold. As far as whites doing well in the NBA that doesnt piss me off, I dont see why it'd piss anyone off, I wish there were more good and great white players and not the seemingly token white players who I see in the NBA who arnt that good and there are a ton of other players better than them not in the NBA, I say let the best play regardless of race and background.
    Their alot rarer obviously,but weve had a few,it pisses off some people because NBA has know become a black dominated Sport. Larry Bird wants to see more white players in the league,which is fair.

Drazen Petrovic would have been something special,Reggie Miller infact said he was the best shooter he ever saw.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Their alot rarer obviously,but weve had a few,it pisses off some people because NBA has know become a black dominated Sport. Larry Bird wants to see more white players in the league,which is fair.

Drazen Petrovic would have been something special,Reggie Miller infact said he was the best shooter he ever saw.
    I remember him very good player, alot of guys I see during fiba games and alot of guys overseas seem really talented I think can play in NBA easily maybe some wanna stay where they are. Really liked watching Bird in his day, like Poetl for Utah and I saw quite a bit of footage the 7'1 Bender of Croatia a while back, think he's gonna be a nightmare in time, big matchup problem not sure nba has quite had someone like him.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

When he said he wanted more white players it was in the context of growing the sports popularity...if white people see more white stars then they'll probably be more interested in basketball. But yea basically what you said, people want to see people who look like them succeed. Nothing to do with black people being mad about good white players. Does that actually happen? Imo, black people usually love non black players that can ball.

Btw, Larry also said he felt disrespected when they had other white players guard him lmao.

packerd_00

I remember him very good player, alot of guys I see during fiba games and alot of guys overseas seem really talented I think can play in NBA easily maybe some wanna stay where they are. Really liked watching Bird in his day, like Poetl for Utah and I saw quite a bit of footage the 7'1 Bender of Croatia a while back, think he's gonna be a nightmare in time, big matchup problem not sure nba has quite had someone like him.
    Benders projected to go Top 3,so the Raptors wont get him.

swiftyj
    swiftyj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

too much assumptions of no love = racism

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Just more typical race bait from the mainstream media. Race has nothing to do with it for most people. I'm sure there are some bigots like with everything else in life but that's not the consensus. .
    Why is this the media's fault? He's the one that made the comment.

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

He can execute a cat on tv for all I care, just win next Sunday. Why do you guys give a flying fuk what he thinks? You going to go to a picnic with him and team up for horseshoes?

packerd_00

I don't think he even said anything,ive not heard one news outlet mention it. Been watching NFL Network this weekend their was no mention of it on their.

JBiddyJ23
    'Reality is merely an Illusion'
    JBiddyJ23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1491

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    fukk him
    fukk you for him!!
    Last edited by JBiddyJ23; 02-01-16 at 04:00 PM.

JBiddyJ23

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Fuk him
    Fukk you for him Mr. NHL Moderator!!

JBiddyJ23

Cam's been doing celebrations his whole career, its only become a problem once Carolina started winning.
    AMEN!!

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Fukk cares....
    I think he is entertaining, love it or hate it, but entertaining.

JBiddyJ23

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    Celebrate like Eli Manning.. very mellow... high-fives.. then turns around and runs to sideline
    Eli Manning is a little bitch!!

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

I thought about taking the Panthers then I changed my mind. Then I read this thread and changed my mind again!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Racism these days more like boy cried wolf story. Thrown around too loosely and just a defense mechanism anymore in cases like this to make anyone not on board with you seem like the bad guy. I like Cam but dude needs a reality check he's not some trailblazer for athletic qb's they've been around for decades with some success and not all black either. Not a trailblazer for the black qb either think we're way beyond that now.

Hell just heard on radio yesterday when D Williams won his SB he lived not far from a Klan faction and one of the grand wizards and had burning crosses going in his yard. Racism will ALWAYS exist just a fact but he knows nothing compared to what those who came way prior had to endure and nobody from his generation does.
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 02-02-16 at 09:28 AM.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Ever notice that many black people that use the word racist are more racist than most white people they are accusing of being racist?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Oh yeah racism goes every which way the media has just spun it so hard over the years making it a white thing that sheep buy in. Like I said racism never going away just a fact but a nation with so many mixed cultures and religions your gonna get that it's inevitable and been going on since beginning of time. Personally I just choose to stay away from those types and have friends from all walks of life based on being good people and nothing else

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Used to not like him, for the reasons you said, and I never thought he was good. Just thought to myself typical n-.
    Actually enjoy him now, because he's played good and would be rooting for him if he weren't going against Peyton, in hopefully his last year.
    Is that really what you'd think? Typical "n------"?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Rivera knows plenty about flamboyant , eccentric Qb's playing with Mad Mac. Cam has nothing on him in that dept and that was 30 years back and a white guy obviously.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Ever notice that many black people that use the word racist are more racist than most white people they are accusing of being racist?
    No
    I have never noticed this phenomenon
    yr incorrect

BigBallzz69
    BigBallzz69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3506

Not a race thing whatsoever. I'm sure evey opponent wants to kill the mofo for being such a hot dog after every first down, but it is part of his game to intentionally needle the opponent. If he sucked he wouldn't be in the league but he's good so he can do that shit.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Here are some Cam facts.....juco team won national title....ncaa team won national title...NFL team playing for SB. Won every major award in juco and ncaa. Will have NFL MVP too. Guy is a winner on field. What he did this season is what Car expected when they drafted him.

Nothing wrong with celebrating when you are playing great. People just love to piss n moan.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Bird just wants to see good players in NBA. Unfortunately most white players stink.

Petrovic was a hell of a shooter but in death he took on a mystique he didn't deserve. Everyone exaggerates the abilities of those that die too young.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallzz69 View Post
    Not a race thing whatsoever. I'm sure evey opponent wants to kill the mofo for being such a hot dog after every first down, but it is part of his game to intentionally needle the opponent. If he sucked he wouldn't be in the league but he's good so he can do that shit.
    Honestly I dont like over the top 1st down celebrations, hated when Michael Irvin used to do it I mean its a 1st down. Dont care for the over the top td celebrations either, didnt like when Chad Johnson used to do his premeditated charades, but I dont see the point in the media making a big deal about Cam for it seems they are just nitpicking.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

White people try so hard to be victims lmao

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Bird just wants to see good players in NBA. Unfortunately most white players stink.

Petrovic was a hell of a shooter but in death he took on a mystique he didn't deserve. Everyone exaggerates the abilities of those that die too young.
    There are plenty of great white players, it just depends on the rules of the game and where you are in the world. I don't disagree with you in general, but there are lots of reasons why the black athlete, particularly in basketball, is preferred in America. Of course, a lot of the reasons have to do with talent and size, no doubt.

What's annoying is that in every sector you see legislation of quotas, except when blacks have the majority of the "meritocracy."

If true equality is desired, you have to get rid of overt double standards --- otherwise it's fairly obvious that any complaint, grievance or objection is a farce. It's pretty simple.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    There are plenty of great white players, it just depends on the rules of the game and where you are in the world. I don't disagree with you in general, but there are lots of reasons why the black athlete, particularly in basketball, is preferred in America. Of course, a lot of the reasons have to do with talent and size, no doubt.

What's annoying is that in every sector you see legislation of quotas, except when blacks have the majority of the "meritocracy."

If true equality is desired, you have to get rid of overt double standards --- otherwise it's fairly obvious that any complaint, grievance or objection is a farce. It's pretty simple.
    Man stfu

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

Acknowledge your privilege

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post

I think he must get annoyed aswell,never seeing the White players really make a mark. Dirk Nowitzki is the closest weve had since Bird,we got a lot of good shooters over the years but no heavy hitters that can go toe to toe.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post

Man stfu
    Great response. Very enlightening.

Acknowledge your privilege
    I acknowledge people's skills, whoever they are. The biggest lie you've been told, and sadly that you buy, is that this is a zero sum game. If someone else wins, you don't lose. Only people who think they are losers accept this lie.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

Ppl talk about cams dancing and antics in a Negative tone it don't say shit about jj watt who dances even more
    i wonder why

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Great response. Very enlightening.

I acknowledge people's skills, whoever they are. The biggest lie you've been told, and sadly that you buy, is that this is a zero sum game. If someone else wins, you don't lose. Only people who think they are losers accept this lie.
    so you not gonna acknowledge it huh

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

I have skills. People pay me for them.

Cam has skills. People pay him for them.

In fact, they pay Cam more. Is he "privileged"?

Has my life changed that Cam can throw and run with the football? No. If anything, it makes my life more enjoyable.

Notice, I am happy someone else does well with the gifts he has. Not mad, bitter, angry, or anything else detrimental to my life or others.

jtoler

Ppl talk about cams dancing and antics in a Negative tone it don't say shit about jj watt who dances even more
    i wonder why
    Good question.

thelegend67
    thelegend67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2528

White people try so hard to be victims lmao
    you're the reason black people are in the mess they are in. the truth is not something many people seek out. in this case you, and cam, and people of the same ilk believe white people owe you something, all the while never looking in the mirror, or reading a history book. it is far easier to be the victim, keeping the status quo, than actually learning why things are the way they are. you have been sold a lie, and you believe it
    Last edited by thelegend67; 02-04-16 at 02:47 PM. Reason: grammar

First 123456 ... Last