chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

trump skipping the debate

Do you think it helps him or hurts him. In most cases it would seem to hurt a person but this guy is teflon. I think someone told him they were all going to go nuts on him so he skipped it. He really doesn't seem to know the answers to shit. But as ross perot said he would surround himself with smart people so I could see it working

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

It sticks with his brand all the way. He wanted something to happen. The other side was un-willing to negotiate, so he walked away from it. Thats business and obviously thats his brand all the way. Whether it works or backfires is TBD - I am sure the others will jump on that and say it also fits his mold of "if you don't like me I will take my toys and go home" - but he is staying true to his brand
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave newguy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

Reagan skipped the last debate in 1980.
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave VeggieDog 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

There are too many Rep debates.. I bet there is no interest in this debate tonight now that Trump is absent.. This is like the second place runner up debate and I don't blame Trump for jumping ship.. It's a waste of his time...

I think it doesn't hurt Trump at all.. It's strategic political play on his part..

Anyone see him catch Bill O'rielly going back on his word last night.. Bill was hammering Trump and Trump made Bill look stupid.. Trump is on it!!!!
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Its grandstanding by trump. Was orchestrated all along

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Trump on O'rielly debate chat last night.. Bill gets at Trumps absence and Trump answers right back and calls him out on breaking his word.... This is worth watching..

Check time on video at 13:20 as Trump begins to put Bill in his place.. The entire interview is probably worth watching..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-28-16 at 05:44 PM.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Huckabee and Santorum want to go to the Trump function after their debate is over. They already know that this might be a bigger event than the later debate tonight.
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave Mr KLC 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

chico2663

didn't know

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good move

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Trump. #1

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    It sticks with his brand all the way. He wanted something to happen. The other side was un-willing to negotiate, so he walked away from it. Thats business and obviously thats his brand all the way. Whether it works or backfires is TBD - I am sure the others will jump on that and say it also fits his mold of "if you don't like me I will take my toys and go home" - but he is staying true to his brand

This is nonsense. Utter and complete nonsense. Where do you get this type of information? Do you make conclusions based on sensationalized headlines?

You have the negotiating strategy of Trump and his teams all wrong. I'm not even talking politics here, I'm talking Trump and his view on negotiations.

Sometimes it's hard to tell if posters are trolling or just plain ignorant.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

GOP looks like they do way more and way better advertised debates than Hillary and Sanders who have had what, two?, and they are in low viewer time slots and not advertised so really, what does this hurt if Trump misses one? If you don't already know where all of the candidates stand by now then you probably don't need to be a serious voter at the end of the day.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Smart by trump. He'll get to say why he wants to get across. Instead of getting ridiculous questions from FoxNews.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    GOP looks like they do way more and way better advertised debates than Hillary and Sanders who have had what, two?, and they are in low viewer time slots and not advertised so really, what does this hurt if Trump misses one? If you don't already know where all of the candidates stand by now then you probably don't need to be a serious voter at the end of the day.
    This is at the request of Hillary Clinton's campaign. Also, at her request, those debates were held on days and times to insure minimal viewership.

Hillary Clinton having to answer any questions in public is a liability and they've known from the start.

In fact, O'malley has complained about this very thing.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

absolutely. Was a brilliant move on his part.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

This is already winning Trump points for the Rep Nom.. He's going up against FOX and saying you can't own me.. People want the Country run with someone who will keep it real and fair and not get bullied... Trump projects strength and fairness..

Trump will win!!! Build that wall Don and make Mexico pay for it.. I believe he'll do just that..

Iran putting loaded guns up to our captured soldiers heads and then getting paid off like a ransom deal to gain their safe return recently is a JOKE!!!..

WE ARE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!.. I can't believe what I'm seeing happen under the Obama administration now.. SOFT.....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-28-16 at 08:05 PM.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Trump said in a CNN interview that Fox has apologized, and respected his decision. Said he would have gone if they had done it sooner. He did not mention who from Fox did it.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Trump said in a CNN interview that Fox has apologized, and respected his decision. Said he would have gone if they had done it sooner. He did not mention who from Fox did it.
    they had too. Idiots.

chico2663

it would have to be roger ailles

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

debates garbage without him

zero ratings

he buried fox

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

This is nonsense. Utter and complete nonsense. Where do you get this type of information? Do you make conclusions based on sensationalized headlines?

You have the negotiating strategy of Trump and his teams all wrong. I'm not even talking politics here, I'm talking Trump and his view on negotiations.

Sometimes it's hard to tell if posters are trolling or just plain ignorant.

Alright. So tell me what the strategy is. Would love to not be ignorant. Calling someone that while not providing a point of view would be trolling i believe.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I didn't even watch the REP debate, let alone the DEM debate.. Watched trump on CNN for a few then went to the Knicks/Raptors game on TNT...

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

All of the calls on CSPAN (Democrats, Republicans, Iowa Voters) are pro-Trump. Of course, Trump fans are probably the only ones tuning in because of the veterans rally tonight so you have to take it for what it's worth.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Alright. So tell me what the strategy is. Would love to not be ignorant. Calling someone that while not providing a point of view would be trolling i believe.
    ...The other side was un-willing to negotiate, so he walked away from it...
    If some other side doesn't want talk, why should Trump.

When actually engaging in negotiation Trump views the conflict utilizing tools developed during the twentieth century combined with tools he himself has designed. This includes asian (mostly Chinese) influence. The same tools can be used in any conflict or "negotiation."

I don't know your level of knowledge concerning negotiating and deal making therefore I can't tell you exactly what Trump does. There are many facets too broad to list here and I don't even know where to start.

Rest assured, the billion dollar business maker will never let you know exactly what he wants or how he plays it until the right time.

If, after what you 've seen, what you posted is what you believe about Donald Trump and his deal making, then he has you right where he wants you.

It could help you to read some books by Donald Trump. He's an excellent author.

DwightShrute

If some other side doesn't want talk, why should Trump.

When actually engaging in negotiation Trump views the conflict utilizing tools developed during the twentieth century combined with tools he himself has designed. This includes asian (mostly Chinese) influence. The same tools can be used in any conflict or "negotiation."

I don't know your level of knowledge concerning negotiating and deal making therefore I can't tell you exactly what Trump does. There are many facets too broad to list here and I don't even know where to start.

Rest assured, the billion dollar business maker will never let you know exactly what he wants or how he plays it until the right time.

If, after what you've seen, what you posted is what you believe about Donald Trump and his deal making, then he has you right where he wants you.

It could help you to read some books by Donald Trump. He's an excellent author.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Its grandstanding by trump. Was orchestrated all along
    You must not know who writes the script

If you did, you would know that a close person to Rubio writes the questions

But you guys don't like the truth, and don't look for answers, so let's just call it grandstanding

Trump is smarter than you think

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

fuk megyn kelly, she was so ugly tonight, too much make up

im not voting for the canadian

Name:  cruzmeme.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  39.5 KB
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave Scorpion 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

chico2663

scorpion i sent this exact thing to the trump campaign 10 days ago.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Trump buried fox jj is right on this one. The majority of people don't follow politics enough to understand what's really going on and 99.9 of the headlines are trump skipped the debate... and all the candidates are pissed that's what all the post debate questions are about. I still like rand Paul call me crazy but only guy on the stage who stands up to keep the man off our back and this is what we need...smaller government..less control...

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Trump buried fox jj is right on this one. The majority of people don't follow politics enough to understand what's really going on and 99.9 of the headlines are trump skipped the debate... and all the candidates are pissed that's what all the post debate questions are about. I still like rand Paul call me crazy but only guy on the stage who stands up to keep the man off our back and this is what we need...smaller government..less control...
    I agree with you on Rand Paul. Less government and fiscal responsibility.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

His dad was my dude man Ron Paul would have had us turned around by now....

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Truth is, Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders seem like the only candidates that try to tell the truth, despite their opposite political stances.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Truth is, Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders seem like the only candidates that try to tell the truth, despite their opposite political stances.
    Last edited by Scorpion; 01-29-16 at 01:20 AM.

12 Last