jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who Taught You Guys About Sports Betting??

Men the plays I see here and bad lines you get it makes me wonder

I see guys like LT Profits win or lose he has a clue

Of course others too although so many plays here and what type of plays they are makes me wonder

DO not be a bad gambler..understand Pot Odds

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Odds you smoked pot before this post -1000

Probably a cocoa puff

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

jjgold

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Otters mom

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Was in 8th grade and a guy I knew had a NCAA tournament going (circa 1992), and he cheated everyone by having his friend win and they shared the money.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

It all has to do with knowledge of the game and the season you are betting on. There are certain "rules" and trends that are constant year after year but there is no "golden rule". I've seen strategies come and go but it always comes down to homework. Best advice I've ever heard is when you think that a line is "off", then its telling you something. Dig deeper. First few weeks of a season you might find a team or angle you can take advantage of but Vegas always adjusts...quickly!

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

My pops. Former dime player.

Antibet
    Antibet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Pen Guin. Well know in Vegas, as lunch with Walters at times

Was one of originators of the respected Penguin Sheet years ago

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Middle school cafeteria

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

my father.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

JJ I like the old days where I could browse all your videos. It was the best.

Anyways I assume like 91% of posters are complete retards especially when they act so overly confident about a wager selection. Have been considering quietly making a spreadsheet and just betting against majority os posted picks I see. I have never followed through with it yet

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

YouTube tutorial

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

My Dad.

I was about 13 years old and he was in the Air Force. Every week he'd bring home two parlay cards that he got from some guy on the base. One for him and one for me. $5 a pop.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Taught myself really,my old man the most he ever gambled on was the Lottery.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

I already taught my kids how to read PP's and how to cape football

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Nick volen

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Grandpa was a daily player at San Anita horse track

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I will teach basic math concepts to help you all

hans83
    hans83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 569

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I will teach basic math concepts to help you all
    Thanks, looking forward to it!

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

JJ, do you need more Words of Wisdom from KVB?

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Wherever you learned it was a huge mistake. I have been playing and gambling longer than most of you are alive. I made wagers and I also worked for one of the mid size bookies in a small town. Let me tell you this, I lost almost always when wagering, I seldom lost when taking wagers. In fact, in all the years I did that I never had a losing year, not even a losing season in any sport. Seldom had a losing week, and only on occasion had a losing day.

In the long run about 99% of you will lose. I after decades had not one winning player--life time. You can't win in the long run and if you do you are one of the very lucky and probably even less than 1%. Because of this fact the wagers I make today are usually small, I no longer agonize through a 1000 bet and want to commit suicide if it loses. Maybe on the super bowl I will step up with a couple hundred or on the final four. Other than that my plays are relatively small and because I am now seasoned I no longer throw the remote at the tv. Haven't done that in decades. And I know many of you are doing that daily.

This advise will not be noted by many of you, it will take years and years of pounding before you finally believe it. Everything is against you when you wager. The vig, gimmicks, bad info, heart betting, chasing money, uneven wagers, low bank account and so many more. My advise is wager if you must but stay within a boundary and have real discipline because--in the long run you will lose.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Wherever you learned it was a huge mistake. I have been playing and gambling longer than most of you are alive. I made wagers and I also worked for one of the mid size bookies in a small town. Let me tell you this, I lost almost always when wagering, I seldom lost when taking wagers. In fact, in all the years I did that I never had a losing year, not even a losing season in any sport. Seldom had a losing week, and only on occasion had a losing day.

In the long run about 99% of you will lose. I after decades had not one winning player--life time. You can't win in the long run and if you do you are one of the very lucky and probably even less than 1%. Because of this fact the wagers I make today are usually small, I no longer agonize through a 1000 bet and want to commit suicide if it loses. Maybe on the super bowl I will step up with a couple hundred or on the final four. Other than that my plays are relatively small and because I am now seasoned I no longer throw the remote at the tv. Haven't done that in decades. And I know many of you are doing that daily.

This advise will not be noted by many of you, it will take years and years of pounding before you finally believe it. Everything is against you when you wager. The vig, gimmicks, bad info, heart betting, chasing money, uneven wagers, low bank account and so many more. My advise is wager if you must but stay within a boundary and have real discipline because--in the long run you will lose.
    We get it, you suck at gambling.

Doesn't mean everyone does.

Branding the "less than 1%" who do win as "very lucky" seems like a very bitter comment.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Ive never seen you mention Sports Betting once since ive known you on this website.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

How old is this guy?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

This isn't advice, this is a confession. Dante, figure out why you are losing and stop doing that.

Points Awarded:

Seto gave KVB 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PorkChop gave KVB 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Ive never seen you mention Sports Betting once since ive known you on this website.

that is because I don't come often, ask JJ he knows me. he knows I wrote about this stuff years ago. I have been here 10 years my friend.

Seto

Many will laugh but the guy I started listening to on these boards was lakerboy 5 years ago. Right now I don't really use much of the stuff I learned reading his posts back in the day because it seems things like line movement et al don't mean as much as they used to, and also because I've developed my own way of doing things which you'd expect having had so much time to figure things out.

Still reading his threads back in the day is probably what prompted me to shift my main focus and the "bulk" of my wagers from the sport I was perpetually losing at (soccer, even though I have become better at it over the years) to one I have successful with for 3 years (and one I'd much rather watch as well).

Definitely a few guys worth reading on this forum. Obviously much more worthless posters but that's to be expected, this is the internet after all.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post

Branding the "less than 1%" who do win as "very lucky" seems like a very bitter comment.

you sir need a lesson and if you keep gambling you will get that lesson, sooner or later you will discover that you too belong to the 99% that lose all the time. do you think I made up these stats, I had 40 to 50 players for decades, decades my friend. Not one of them won in the long run. Not one of them was up before shop was closed a decade ago. That is the honest to god truth. You think you are different, more power to you. I hope you are, but you aren't.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

The 1% that win are spot bettors.
    Bet on a sports future that has good value and good chance to win.
    For example a lucky Panthers homer who bet on the Panthers 40 to 1 during the offseason will make money if the Panthers win.
    Or with my MMA betting record at 81% wins shown here: http://gunshard.blogabet.com
    I spot bet and avoid most games and avoid most fights because the public bets every game and the public will lose in the long run for not spot betting.
    Bankroll management is critical as well, bet less than 5% of your total bankroll per bet and never go all in.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    This isn't advice, this is a confession. Dante, figure out why you are losing and stop doing that.

no it is a narrative KVB, and at the end of a 100% truthful narrative there is good advice. But wise guys, guys that think they can beat this gambling deal don't want to believe it. And maybe they had a few good seasons, maybe even back to back years of winning. You know I can believe that can happen but it is rare, what is more rare is a guy that wins lifetime. You don't know any, and either do I.

If they say they are it is mostly bs.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

In the long run everyone sucks at betting, you are another guy who needs a lesson. Stick around keep playing you will get that lesson, just a matter of time my friend. Play big, play often and you will be hitting every bank and cc you have. If not, if you win god bless you. the chances are against you big time. I knew I would get this shit from some of you kids who think you know something about gambling, you know almost nothing.

Seto

you sir need a lesson and if you keep gambling you will get that lesson, sooner or later you will discover that you too belong to the 99% that lose all the time. do you think I made up these stats, I had 40 to 50 players for decades, decades my friend. Not one of them won in the long run. Not one of them was up before shop was closed a decade ago. That is the honest to god truth. You think you are different, more power to you. I hope you are, but you aren't.
    Been gambling for nearly 7 years. I obviously didn't do too well at the start, being a newbie and everything, but for the last 3 years I have been consistently winning and am easily up lifetime. My documented threads at SBR compile to about 150 or 200 units in the black, if you want actual proof. Try again.

It truly is a sickness when people don't believe anyone can be successful at something because they can't. You need to get over your anger. We're all rooting for you.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

why don't you post all your bets for the next 6 months, I will wager you don't hit the magic number. Easy wager here, you are a gambler and you think you don't belong with the 99%.. Prove it!

Seto

In the long run everyone sucks at betting, you are another guy who needs a lesson. Stick around keep playing you will get that lesson, just a matter of time my friend. Play big, play often and you will be hitting every bank and cc you have. If not, if you win god bless you. the chances are against you big time. I knew I would get this shit from some of you kids who think you know something about gambling, you know almost nothing.
    Wow 2 answers, musta really gotten you riled up. You know nothing about me as a person. Stop trying to use dumb stereotypes. I would never be scampering and opening up new bank accounts and maxing out CC's and taking out loans. I have never borrowed a penny to gamble and never will.

Seto

why don't you post all your bets for the next 6 months, I will wager you don't hit the magic number. Easy wager here, you are a gambler and you think you don't belong with the 99%.. Prove it!
    3 answers, wow. You sure you don't want to make a video addressing how angry my post made you?

I've been posting plays on this board for over 3 years. Well documented I'm one of the most honest recordkeepers on here and that's much longer than 6 months. You lose again.

123 Last