jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    I don't think there is such a stock, Chucky. But if you just want to short US market, buy the Direxion Daily Large Cap Bear 3X Shares (SPXS). It is pegged to the S&P 500. Theoretically, it is supposed to go up three times what the S&P loses in a given day. So if the S&P is up 2%, the SPXS fund loses roughly 6%. If the S&P is down 3%, the SPXS gains roughly 9%.

Here is an example...look at today's market prices and look at the chart for SPXS

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SPXS

Of course you can always play with a Euro vs US Dollar pair on Forex...by buying Euro and automatically shorting USD...but I wouldn't do that just yet, cos European economy has its own problems right now.

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

Who knows we are all guessing...only see what the big boys want to do

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Westerners bitching about the Saudis inaction here as energy producers now feeling the pinch which is effecting their capacity to pay back banks etc yet its ok for the west for screw over those same countries through things like FTA's etc...

Oh the Irony...

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

coochy don't think you understand at all. saudi is screwing themselves by trying to run out shale producers in the states. they didn't forsee obama making peace with iran. saudi thought by now they would of ran shale gas producers out by now

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

I think that all the oil exporting nations should join OPEC, so that some serious price fixing can take place. When oil supply is only slightly ahead of oil demand, the price crashes. It's ridiculous. Oil exporters need to get together and collaborate. Importers are willing to pay much more for oil if they have to.

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

China's economy is way overextended. Like driving a Ferrari at Le Mans for 48 hours straight . The engine has to stop and get a tuneup and fluid change. Chinese officials are going to tinker around and fudge reporting data which could make the pain worse. A volatile situation that is spreading.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

get your fukkin money out and put it on a 4 team parlay
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: convick

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by Biff41 View Post
    China's economy is way overextended. Like driving a Ferrari at Le Mans for 48 hours straight . The engine has to stop and get a tuneup and fluid change. Chinese officials are going to tinker around and fudge reporting data which could make the pain worse. A volatile situation that is spreading.
    Just look at all the new crypto currency startups once the chinese started tanking....

They need somewhere to store that illegally withdrawn money...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Rudy the same clowns saying it is a bottom said in 2 months ago of course eventually you get it right

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I prolly have more saved up in empty beers cans than these fukks have in stock market

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

...nor will it be as bad as it was in 2008.
    I hear it will be worse.

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    We need SBR's finest minds dial up a few recession-buster specials.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Just live. If you are posting here you are 90% a deadbeat pay to pay guy.

Fukk off with the smartguy antics.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by GREG1021 View Post
    Typically I buy high and sale low,,, almost works out as good as gambling!
    You martingale your stocks?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

great opportunity to dollar cost average

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Buy crude oil stock and double your money in less then 6 months.. It's a secure investment.. Price per barrel is now $28, was $90 not too long ago.. What goes up must come down, and what goes way down must come up.. You're welcome....

it will go lower

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    it will go lower
    Much lower now that Iran is back in the game...

Dont ever see oil rebounding to 90 bicks again...

The global demand simply wont be there as we move away from fossil based fuels...

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post

The global demand simply wont be there as we move away from fossil based fuels...

this guy thrives on ignorance

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Gasoline and diesel autos will be around for a "long" time, not to mention Trucks, farming equipment, generators, AIRPLANES, SHIPS....PLASTICS, countless chemicals, I could go on for days...oil won't be phased out anytime soon....I'm willing to bet the next war the world sees, won't be fought using tesla powered tanks and fighter jets...

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    this guy thrives on ignorance
    Yes, you do

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    Gasoline and diesel autos will be around for a "long" time, not to mention Trucks, farming equipment, generators, AIRPLANES, SHIPS....PLASTICS, countless chemicals, I could go on for days...oil won't be phased out anytime soon....I'm willing to bet the next war the world sees, won't be fought using tesla powered tanks and fighter jets...
    Then explain the Copenhagen global climate change agreement??

Its really only you lot and other countries heavily reliant on oil who are feeling the pinch here.

The smart countries knew oil was dying a while ago and have adapted, thus will feel minimal impact during these times...

Don't fight the renewables revolution, embrace it as you've really no-one else to blame for your current predicament but yourselves...

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Yes, you do
    Poor Brooksey...

Proof that intellect and wealth have very little correlation...

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Then explain the Copenhagen global climate change agreement??

Its really only you lot and other countries heavily reliant on oil who are feeling the pinch here.

The smart countries knew oil was dying a while ago and have adapted, thus will feel minimal impact during these times...

Don't fight the renewables revolution, embrace it as you've really no-one else to blame for your current predicament but yourselves...
    Not fighting anything at all, in fact I have been for both sides of the coin in many aspects of my life, low oil doesn't rock my boat as much as it would have 25-30----100 years ago, I knew of a few folks who quit high paying big oil jobs to start a fkn wind farm...I saw investment in renewables more than a decade ago. Now it's becoming reality but it will be a SLOW process...no one product will be the downfall of oil as we know it. In 100 years the lower classes will probably still be using oil products bc it will be cheap as fk.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

My real estate pro in Vegas owns 30 million in property, he's listing 24 million of it for sale by weeks end.

ByeShea

Please list the lot feeling the pinch ... and the "smart countries".

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    I hear it will be worse.
    what are you hearing? give us the insights

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Wow. After reading a lot of these posts, its baffling to think how many millions some of these guys in here made shorting oil prices.

#eliteforum

#blessed

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Wow. After reading a lot of these posts, its baffling to think how many millions some of these guys in here made shorting oil prices.

#eliteforum

#blessed
    Opie, I don't see a single poster in this thread saying that they were short OIL. Looks like majority of us missed the boat with this shit.

Call me in about 41 minutes on my 495 line through your Apple Watch -- I'll give you a tip on hot Russian hi-tech company that is about to swell

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Opie, I don't see a single poster in this thread saying that they were short OIL. Looks like majority of us missed the boat with this shit.

Call me in about 41 minutes on my 495 line through your Apple Watch -- I'll give you a tip on hot Russian hi-tech company that is about to swell
    Will do, comrade

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Please list the lot feeling the pinch ... and the "smart countries".
    The reasons for this change are twofold - weak demand in many countries due to insipid economic growth, coupled with surging US production.

Also add that Opec is determined not to cut production to prop up prices.

If you look at Russia for example oil and gas make up almost 70% of their exports and for every dollar fall in the price of oil they lose about 2 billion in revenue.

Its hurt them so much that interest rates are at 17% but are they cutting production to up the price? NO WAY because a competitor will simply slip in and cover any additional demand.

They also still are facing oil sanctions for their support of separatists in the Ukraine but thats another matter

Venezuala, another huge oil exporter is also struggling thanks to fiscal mismanagement before the oil even comes out of the ground and that's even before the price dropped.

Who wants to live in a country with a 60% inflation rate? No thanks...

So why wont the largest exporter of oil Saudi Arabia cut production? Possibly to install some discipline into fellow OPEC countries? To put the U.S. burgeoning oil and shale industry under pressure thus also making capital within the banking system also vulnerable?

Saudis will simply wait until these low prices have a real impact and fill those markets that other countries once provided...

The Saudis as well as other gulf countries also have large foreign currency reserves which means they can run deficits for several years if need be.

The mass boom in fracking in the US has also helped create an oversupply as production levels are at their highest on almost 30 years.

Problem is it costs more to produce thus you need to pull more out of the ground to cover costs which in turn is contributing to the oversupply. Its a vicious economic circle...

Now to the 'smart' countries.

Europe and Asia are a mixed bag.

In Europe for every $10 fall their economy actually increases .1% in economic output but eventually the same mechanisms that bought the prices down will begin to erode that growth.

Big net importers like China are aet to benefit from the falling prices but it wont offset the wider implications of a slowing economy.

Japan imports all its oil so these low prices should be good right? Problem here is higher energy prices had helped push their struggling inflation higher.

India imports 75% of its oil and the lower prices are a relief to them because it will help ease the current account deficit the country has had for quite some time now.

Anyway that's my .02 cents bro. You wanted an explanation. You got one so dont bitch about it being too long haha
    Last edited by ACoochy; 01-21-16 at 07:32 AM.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

No doubt that there will be bottom fishers and value buying... but check the open interest .....when the short sellers come in the market to cover their positions ....we will have a nice rally , fueled by these short sellers........Maybe buy some out -of the money calls??.............however,we are still in a bear market!!!............................GL

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    No doubt that there will be bottom fishers and value buying... but check the open interest .....when the short sellers come in the market to cover their positions ....we will have a nice rally , fueled by these short sellers........Maybe buy some out -of the money calls??.............however,we are still in a bear market!!!............................GL
    Gov banned short selling here otherwise SO many opportunities

CappinTerp

Good points AC... BUT The Saudis own massive amounts of our Country's debt,that making our banking system vulnerable,is counter productive to them.

CappinTerp

Gov banned short selling here otherwise SO many opportunities
    ugh..

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    Good points AC... BUT The Saudis own massive amounts of our Country's debt,that making our banking system vulnerable,is counter productive to them.
    Good point.

They've got alot to lose from this as well.

Dont know how 'historied' up you are but do you remember back in the 80's when the Saudi's tried to cut production when the price was low in order to try and corner the market but it had little effect and they were buried as a result??

Same thing here only this time they have around $700bn in reserves so can keep this going for quite some time.

Ideally though they'd want the price to be around US$85 a barrel to be profitable but they really must want a larger slice of the global pie now...

First 123 Last