titanium777
    titanium777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3910

Is Ted Cruz +1400 a steal?

He's #2 in the GOP polls behind Trump. He's neck/neck with Trump in Iowa. And he matches up better against Clinton than Trump (according to RealClearPolitics). +1400 a good bet?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Ya, I grabbed Trump at +500 or something close, simply because there was no strong front runner

So I wouldn't hesitate grabbing Cruz for a Unit at that price

But it looks like Trump might really have the primaries on lock down

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by titanium777 View Post
    He's #2 in the GOP polls behind Trump. He's neck/neck with Trump in Iowa. And he matches up better against Clinton than Trump (according to RealClearPolitics). +1400 a good bet?
    being close with Trump in Iowa is bad news for Cruz. typically, Evangelicals need to win Iowa by 15-20 pts to have any kind of realistic shot. for example, Cruz is going to get slaughtered in New Hampshire.

The Kraken

I think Cruz is a solid #2

And the thing about Trump, is he's always just one interview away from being on the outside looking in

They're all in that boat, but he's under the microscope plus his own party doesn't want him to win the nomination

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Rubio is the front runner for a reason, he will take it.

titanium777

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    I'm curious to why that is. He's far behind Trump and even trailing Cruz in the polls.. Yet he was ahead of both of them in the bookies, but now they (bovado) have Trump above Rubio now.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

all comes down to the convention

They pick who they want regardless

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    Rubio could beat Clinton, but will need to make it that far first.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

I'm curious to why that is. He's far behind Trump and even trailing Cruz in the polls.. Yet he was ahead of both of them in the bookies, but now they (bovado) have Trump above Rubio now.
    Most books now have trump ahead of rubio. Rubio is a piece of shit

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

Cruz too phony, looks weazly, pass. Very unattractive. I've said it time and time again. People vote for either someone they'd like to have a beer with or fuk their brains out. Has been like this since televised campaigns/debates. No getting around it. Humans are shallow. People like trump. In trumps case, maybe not attractive, but most ppl would prolly like to have a drink and listen to him talk smack, women like the big bread winners, they find money sexy. You guys are kidding yourselves if you think elections are based on real issues.
    Last edited by trobin31; 01-16-16 at 06:52 PM.

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Cruz too phony, looks weazly, pass. Very unattractive. I've said it time and time again. People vote for either someone they'd like to have a beer with or fuk their brains out. Has been like this since televised campaigns/debates. No getting around it. Humans are shallow. People like trump. In trumps case, maybe not attractive, but most ppl would prolly like to have a drink and listen to him talk smack, women like the big bread winners, they find money sexy. You guys are kidding yourselves if you think elections are based on real issues.
    So true. Look at the last winners: Obama (young good looking, phenomenal speaker), Bush (good looking, very charming, folksy), Clinton (can charm the pants off anyone). Bush 41 is the exception but he was against short, weird looking Dukakis. Reagan of course looked much younger than his actual age and was very likable. Cruz has a whiny, nasally voice similar to Gore (loser running basically as an incumbent with incredible economy and peace). Cruz has no shot. Trump or Rubio can beat Hillary but not Cruz.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

That's what your book thinks. We are going to steal some Cruz dead money.

cburland10
    cburland10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 788

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    So true. Look at the last winners: Obama (young good looking, phenomenal speaker), Bush (good looking, very charming, folksy), Clinton (can charm the pants off anyone). Bush 41 is the exception but he was against short, weird looking Dukakis. Reagan of course looked much younger than his actual age and was very likable. Cruz has a whiny, nasally voice similar to Gore (loser running basically as an incumbent with incredible economy and peace). Cruz has no shot. Trump or Rubio can beat Hillary but not Cruz.
    Obama, a good speaker? Thanks for the laugh!

The Kraken

Obama is a very good speaker, that pretty much universally accepted

titanium777

I think Trump has the worst chance of beating Clinton. Check RealClearpolitics matchups tab. The media will rip up Trump, and independents would swing towards Clinton.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Cruz has no shot

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

cruz got sued today by a lawyer that says he isn't eligible. he lied about 2 parents for someone born in the states. the only one who(besides obama) may have not been born in the states is grant. he is said to be born in ohio but there is a great book called " THE FRONTIERSMAN" that says he was born on a boat coming from scotland. Mccain was born on base which is soveriegn usa territory. mccain said it is not settled

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Obama is a very good speaker, that pretty much universally accepted
    He is a good reader, but he cannot remember his name is he cannot read it. Ever see him try to talk without a promptor?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    He is a good reader, but he cannot remember his name is he cannot read it. Ever see him try to talk without a promptor?
    Yes. In interviews he is extraordinarily articulate and on point. You don't have to agree with him to concede the obvious.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

A brokered convention is probable to occur this year, unless Trump somehow wins everything but that seems unlikely. Once that happens it's like the wild west so look for the Republican big boys to take over, either Bush or Rubio. The Republican party doesn't care about Cruz or Trump, they'll throw either of them under the bus in a heartbeat. One final note, Iowa means penetrate all in the grand scheme of things. Santorum won the Iowa Caucus last cycle. Remember that guy? Ya, neither does anybody else since he didn't get the nomination.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    A brokered convention is probable to occur this year, unless Trump somehow wins everything but that seems unlikely. Once that happens it's like the wild west so look for the Republican big boys to take over, either Bush or Rubio. The Republican party doesn't care about Cruz or Trump, they'll throw either of them under the bus in a heartbeat. One final note, Iowa means penetrate all in the grand scheme of things. Santorum won the Iowa Caucus last cycle. Remember that guy? Ya, neither does anybody else since he didn't get the nomination.
    Good points. Bush is toast though. He's been just horrible. Rubio will ultimately be nominee.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Maybe a republican can help me out here, but why is Cruz getting support? I've known the guy for a while now. He's an asshole for one. He's a nutcase. He sounds like one of those crazy Baptist preachers on the show "Power Hour" on EWTN in the morning. I just don't get the appeal for him. Trump I can see because of his fame and his anger (even though I don't support it), but I just don't get why people like Cruz.

I'm even more puzzled why Rubio isn't get more support. If the goal is to beat Hillary Clinton, why isn't Rubio getting more traction. He seems like a pretty good guy who's sharp and is likeable. He can appeal to the young voters and latinos. Plus Rubio is the ONLY republican worth a damn that has a chance. I think Christie, Paul or Bush could beat her, too, but I think they're toast unless they can pull off an upset in NH.

I'm just very confused on what's going on in the minds of republican voters.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Maybe a republican can help me out here, but why is Cruz getting support? I've known the guy for a while now. He's an asshole for one. He's a nutcase. He sounds like one of those crazy Baptist preachers on the show "Power Hour" on EWTN in the morning. I just don't get the appeal for him. Trump I can see because of his fame and his anger (even though I don't support it), but I just don't get why people like Cruz.

I'm even more puzzled why Rubio isn't get more support. If the goal is to beat Hillary Clinton, why isn't Rubio getting more traction. He seems like a pretty good guy who's sharp and is likeable. He can appeal to the young voters and latinos. Plus Rubio is the ONLY republican worth a damn that has a chance. I think Christie, Paul or Bush could beat her, too, but I think they're toast unless they can pull off an upset in NH.

Cruz's appeal is he is a US constitution guy and wants a flat tax rate so the IRS will be abolished.

Rubio comes off as a big phony. Every answer he gives is so rehearsed. He's the Obama of the right.

Trump will be the next president.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

They secretly want Hillary to the next President because they know its really best for the country and they've grown accustomed to whining about the President and fear they might miss it.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Cruz's appeal is he is a US constitution guy and wants a flat tax rate so the IRS will be abolished.

Rubio comes off as a big phony. Every answer he gives is so rehearsed. He's the Obama of the right.

Except when it inconveniently says he's not qualified to be President.

Republicans will eventually rally behind Rubio and he will be the nominee. You'll take back everything you said and say he grew on you.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Come on. Every candidate's answer is rehearsed. I agree that Trump is the most "real" candidate there is, but he's not going to beat Hillary. Like or hate Rubio, he's the only chance for the republicans have to win back the White House. Trump or Cruz would get demolished by her. And I like Trump...but I'm not voting for him in the primary because I'd rather not have Hillary, although I might be forced to vote for her if it's her vs. Cruz. I hate Cruz. The guy is 10x the jerk Trump is.

DwightShrute

Come on. Every candidate's answer is rehearsed. I agree that Trump is the most "real" candidate there is, but he's not going to beat Hillary. Like or hate Rubio, he's the only chance for the republicans have to win back the White House. Trump or Cruz would get demolished by her. And I like Trump...but I'm not voting for him in the primary because I'd rather not have Hillary, although I might be forced to vote for her if it's her vs. Cruz. I hate Cruz. The guy is 10x the jerk Trump is.
    Trump will absolutely destroy Hillary.

The dems lost the house and senate in back-to-back midterms. The next is the presidency. Hillary or BS can't run on Obama's record and can't thrown him under the bus either. It's a lose lose scenario.

All Trump has to do is tell the truth and he wins in a landslide.

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Not any more, Trump takes lead:
    Primary 5D

Mon 7/18 901 Donald Trump is Republican Nominee +155
    8:00AM 902 Field wins Republican Nomination -195
    Mon 7/18 903 Marco Rubio is Republican Nominee +190
    8:00AM 904 Field wins Republican Nomination -270
    Mon 7/18 905 Ted Cruz is Republican Nominee +350
    8:00AM 906 Field wins Republican Nomination -530

General

US Presidential Election - Winner
    Tue 11/8 951 Hillary Clinton wins Election -145
    6:00AM 952 Field wins Presidential Election +105
    Tue 11/8 953 Donald Trump wins Election +410
    6:00AM 954 Field wins Presidential Election -620
    Tue 11/8 955 Marco Rubio wins Election +550
    6:00AM 956 Field wins Presidential Election -1050
    Tue 11/8 957 Bernie Sanders wins Election +650
    6:00AM 958 Field wins Presidential Election -1350
    Tue 11/8 959 Ted Cruz wins Election +1300
    6:00AM 960 Field wins Presidential Election -3000
    Tue 11/8 961 Jeb Bush wins Election +2000
    6:00AM 962 Field wins Presidential Election -6000

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Trump tell the truth? He makes it up as he goes along. Most ever pants on fire from politico and we just got started.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    politico

arrgy
    arrgy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1904

Republican is not going to win the general election

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Don't forget Pat Robertson in 1988 almost won Iowa, Huckabee in 2008 & Santorum in 2012 did win
    Iowa they were all favorites of the ultra religious Evangelicals. Robertson is a TV evangelist,
    Huckabee is an ordained minister.

Cruz' father is an evangelical minister himself so if there is one state that Cruz has a chance in
    it's Iowa. Cruz isn't a threat to win the nomination. It will be either Trump or Rubio with Christie
    having a remote outside chance.

The Kraken

Cruz is getting support because he's our generations Ronald Reagan

Still a lot of older people that worship the name Reagan and don't realize the road he started us down is part of the reason we're in the hole we're in these days.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Cruz is getting support because he's our generation's Ronald Reagan
    you think so? really?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

you think so? really?
    I suspect the emoji was meant to indicate sarcasm. I sure hope so.

123 Last