existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Normally I have zero interest in talking about anything not sports related, however I couldn't help but point out how horribly misguided your ideals appear to be.
    'ideals'?.. you mean facts?

Life has no meaning? That sounds almost suicidal.
    life has no 'meaning' (purpose) outside of survival. every moment of your life, your mind and body are constantly at work to stay alive. that's all 'life' is in a nutshell. not sure how that has anything to do with suicide, but have at it i guess.

There is no mind?
    wait, what? i'll wait for your quote where i said that.

No soul?
    of course not. not in the sense that it could exist outside of a non-living body, because that's biologically impossible.

The chunk of biological meat that we refer to as the brain stores and regulates your thoughts, emotions, memories & that's all there is too it?
    of course that's all there is to it. the living brain is an extremely complex organ that functions on currents produced by electrical storms. the moment is fails, the firing ceases and everything else shuts down. for example, tissue decay begins immediately among many other events.

Medical experiments have been done where at the exact time of death the physical body changed weight.
    yeah, and that has nothing to do with the preposterous idea that it's evidence of a 'soul' escaping.

do you realize how many times this has been debunked by scientists? at the moment of death, there's a sudden rise in body temperature where blood stops being cooled via circulation through the lungs, resulting in sweating and moisture evaporation.

my best advice is to stop watching movies based on myths with any other purpose of being entertained.

You've been reading the wrongs books mate. You need to throw them out & start again. There is so much good information available if you know where to look...
    You've been reading the bible mate, an interesting book of parables. You need to throw it out & start again if you're interested in reality. There is so much good information available if you know where to look...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trobin31

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

I really like this Kafka fella.
    Smart , reasonable & logical & he explains stuff well.
    Talks a lot gooder than most of the forum.

First 12