sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Why is Conor McGregor able to go up a class and fight Rafael Dos Anjos?
    Not sure why Dana White would want that fight. Especially since, at least I feel, that those are two of the best weight-classes in-terms of fighters.
    Mate it's as JoshKnows46 said. Connor has transcended the sport. He literally can do what he wants now & Silva, White & the Fertitta's have minimal influence. If Connor wants to fight RDA, then Connor gets that fight. Until he loses he is Eliot Ness! (untouchable).

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

wtf are u guys smokin? must be some hardcore drugs. organic sht doesnt make u that dumb. no way lil frankie is a tougher fight than the monster that is dos anjos. and no way is dc jones the biggest moneymaker... unless mcgregor or rousey is also on card

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    wtf are u guys smokin? must be some hardcore drugs. organic sht doesnt make u that dumb. no way lil frankie is a tougher fight than the monster that is dos anjos. and no way is dc jones the biggest moneymaker... unless mcgregor or rousey is also on card
    yep, no clue what dumbass thinks Jones/DC is a bigger fight than Conor or Ronda against a sparring dummy

sando

You have no idea kid.

The drama surrounding a fight is just as important as the fight (from a $$$ point of view), and there is no more drama than Jones v Cormier. The hatred between those two is as real as it gets & the punters love it.

Jones 2.0 is fukcing scary - the most dominant fighter in the world is now shredded with muscle and his return as a "changed man" after the fall from grace is as big a news as it gets.

McGregor can challenge Jones as the biggest draw card in MMA, but Holm's head kick to Rousey has literally burst her (Rousey's) bubble. The very fact that Holm is going to fight Tate & not Rousey next shows how the mighty have fallen.

Don't sleep on Jon Jones you fukc.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post

Jones 2.0 is fukcing scary - the most dominant fighter in the world is now shredded with muscle and his return as a "changed man" after the fall from grace is as big a news as it gets.

You ain't kidding. This new Jon Jones is a monster.

sando

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    You ain't kidding. This new Jon Jones is a monster.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Yeah looks like pretty soon Cormier will be in the world of hurt

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

You have no idea kid.

The drama surrounding a fight is just as important as the fight (from a $$$ point of view), and there is no more drama than Jones v Cormier. The hatred between those two is as real as it gets & the punters love it.

McGregor can challenge Jones as the biggest draw card in MMA, but Holm's head kick to Rousey has literally burst her (Rousey's) bubble. The very fact that Holm is going to fight Tate & not Rousey next shows how the mighty have fallen.

Don't sleep on Jon Jones you fukc.
    Mcgregor vs dos anjos will Gross more than jones cormier 2, are you guys kidding. McGregor is the face of the sport, he's this generations chuck liddel, gsp, anderson silva. He's the whole package a money making gold mine. Neither of those cards sniff mcgregor numbers.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-10-16 at 03:15 AM.

JoshKnows46

Mcgregor got dos anjos at the perfect time, his striking confidents is threw the roof after the pettis and cowboys fights, like cruz mention it's like highlander, you take the souls of your previous opp and you start to believe your that good, what rda fails to relise is or maybe he forgot about after he won is cowboy is always a slow starter, that was easy money, he will believe he can stand with conor, no one can stand with conor, if he does, he will get his gas tank drained with kicks to the body and by the time he relize connor is on a diffrent level and his chin can't withstand this kind of power and he's desperate for a takedown, it will already be too late. Frankie gets the dehydrated weaker version of mcgregor at the lower weight class, and could possible take him into deep waters and test mcgregors gas tank, as frankie knows he needs to get mcgregor down as soon as possible, and hes stronger then dos anjos mentally, dos anjos will test His stand up Long enough to get himself hurt. Frankie won't crumble under the pressure a mcgregor fight brings, dos anjos will feel like the walls are closing in on him. Dos anjos will wade forward with pressure, reling on his chin to hold, this is perfect for conor's style, conor is a exellent counter striker, excellent angles and movement, edgar has similar striking to conor but without the davistating power, edgars striking and mind set make him the far tougher fight, not from a skill aspect as dos anjos is far more skilled and dangerious but from a matchup aspect against connors style. It will be hard for any fighter to last 5 rounds with conor, but i already know the winner of the dos anjos match up, im far more intrigued to see edgar vs mcgregor matchup. Mark my words, frankie Edgar survives longer than dos anjos.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-10-16 at 01:48 AM.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19539

Holm will smoke Rousey if they meet again; Rousey may already realize that she's a fraud and that she can't beat any technically proficient boxer.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Holm will smoke Rousey if they meet again; Rousey may already realize that she's a fraud and that she can't beat any technically proficient boxer.
    Rousey has the worse striking defense I've ever seen, she blocks punches with her face till she gets the takedown in every fight, if she learnslearns how to get her head off the center line, her ass also looked fatter in this fight, she didnt take holm seriously, holm kinda played her based on how shitty holm portrayed her self in her ufc fights, likea pool shark waiting till real money was on the line, next fight will be closer, but she will still lose. Tate has a chance, expecially if Holm of old shows up, and tate doesn't try to strike for 3 straight rounds.

sando

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    Mcgregor got dos anjos at the perfect time, his striking confidents is threw the roof after the pettis and cowboys fights, like cruz mention it's like highlander, you take the souls of your previous opp and you start to believe your that good, what rda fails to relise is or maybe he forgot about after he won is cowboy is always a slow starter, that was easy money, he will believe he can stand with conor, no one can stand with conor, if he does, he will get his gas tank drained with kicks to the body and by the time he relize connor is on a diffrent level and his chin can't withstand this kind of power and he's desperate for a takedown, it will already be too late. Frankie gets the dehydrated weaker version of mcgregor at the lower weight class, and could possible take him into deep waters and test mcgregors gas tank, as frankie knows he needs to get mcgregor down as soon as possible, and hes stronger then dos anjos mentally, dos anjos will test His stand up Long enough to get himself hurt. Frankie won't crumble under the pressure a mcgregor fight brings, dos anjos will feel like the walls are closing in on him. Dos anjos will wade forward with pressure, reling on his chin to hold, this is perfect for conor's style, conor is a exellent counter striker, excellent angles and movement, edgar has similar striking to conor but without the davistating power, edgars striking and mind set make him the far tougher fight, not from a skill aspect as dos anjos is far more skilled and dangerious but from a matchup aspect against connors style. It will be hard for any fighter to last 5 rounds with conor, but i already know the winner of the dos anjos match up, im far more intrigued to see edgar vs mcgregor matchup. Mark my words, frankie Edgar survives longer than dos anjos.
    Mate I agree with your thoughts on McGregor vs RDA & Edgar, however disagree with the whole ppv thing. Clearly you are a serious MMA guy so I'm surprised you don't give credence to the huge event that will be Jones v Cormier II?? Big guys always have a natural advantage over little guys in hype & excitement. It seems to be some primal human instinct. We just love to watch really big men fight. It's been that way for 100 years in boxing & is also the case with MMA. No doubt McGregor is the UFC at the moment, but Jones is still the most dominant fighter in the sport, and there is zero history or drama between RDA & McGregor, unlike the pure hatred between Bones & fat boy. That sort of real life shit will sell a fukc load of ppv buys...

JoshKnows46

Mate I agree with your thoughts on McGregor vs RDA & Edgar, however disagree with the whole ppv thing. Clearly you are a serious MMA guy so I'm surprised you don't give credence to the huge event that will be Jones v Cormier II?? Big guys always have a natural advantage over little guys in hype & excitement. It seems to be some primal human instinct. We just love to watch really big men fight. It's been that way for 100 years in boxing & is also the case with MMA. No doubt McGregor is the UFC at the moment, but Jones is still the most dominant fighter in the sport, and there is zero history or drama between RDA & McGregor, unlike the pure hatred between Bones & fat boy. That sort of real life shit will sell a fukc load of ppv buys...
    Jones doesn't pull in the numbers mcgregor does, numbers don't lie. Jones/cormier did 780,000 ppv buys, mcgregor cleared that number easily in both of his last 2 fights. gsp in talks of coming out of retirement to fight mcgregor in a super fight, to get some of that mcgregor money. Mcgregor made over 8 million his last fight, he is the highest paid fighter currently in the UFC, becuase of his PPV buys, he gets $3-$5 dollars per ppv buy depending how many he gets, reason why nate diaz said your taking food off my table, i wanta fight you next mother fuker, everyone knows mcgregor is the money fight, this is common knowledge, regardless of the opponete, he crushes jones/cormier 2....mcgregor vs anybody else crushes jones/cormier rematch in ppv buys.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-10-16 at 03:21 AM.

Duckshit
    Duckshit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

What?
    We got Cheated Again Josh, I can't afford to bet this sport, hard enough to win without Crooked Disgusting Las Vegas cockroache judges.....
    And all Fat Dana had to say was "it's better than it used to be.".....

sando

Jones doesn't pull in the numbers mcgregor does, numbers don't lie. Jones/cormier did 780,000 ppv buys, mcgregor cleared that number easily in both of his last 2 fights. gsp in talks of coming out of retirement to fight mcgregor in a super fight, to get some of that mcgregor money. Mcgregor made over 8 million his last fight, he is the highest paid fighter currently in the UFC, becuase of his PPV buys, he gets $3-$5 dollars per ppv buy depending how many he gets, reason why nate diaz said your taking food off my table, i wanta fight you next mother fuker, everyone knows mcgregor is the money fight, this is common knowledge, regardless of the opponete, he crushes jones/cormier 2....mcgregor vs anybody else crushes jones/cormier rematch in ppv buys.
    The fact that McGregor knocked out Aldo in under 10 seconds is going to seriously hurt his ppv buys next fight, regardless of opponent.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Why is Conor McGregor able to go up a class and fight Rafael Dos Anjos?
    Not sure why Dana White would want that fight. Especially since, at least I feel, that those are two of the best weight-classes in-terms of fighters.
    Conor moving up to fight for a 2nd belt is a win/win for Dana and the UFC.

Being multi division champions is part of how Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather became such massive PPV draws. If Conor pulls off the win, he'll have done something no one in the UFC has done before. That might guarantee Conor #1 on the P4P list and he would become a candidate for GOAT being that he accomplished something neither Anderson Silva, Fedor nor any of the all time greats have done.

If Conor loses he still has his FW belt. The UFC could use Conor losing to RDA as a way to shortchange Conor when he's up for contract re-negotiation. Seems like the UFC is saying Conor wasn't a big draw until the UFC made him one. They're downplaying Conor's success for whatever reason.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I am finally admitting UFC taking over

sando

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post

Being multi division champions is part of how Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather became such massive PPV draws. If Conor pulls off the win, he'll have done something no one in the UFC has done before. That might guarantee Conor #1 on the P4P list and he would become a candidate for GOAT being that he accomplished something neither Anderson Silva, Fedor nor any of the all time greats have done.

If Conor loses he still has his FW belt. The UFC could use Conor losing to RDA as a way to shortchange Conor when he's up for contract re-negotiation. Seems like the UFC is saying Conor wasn't a big draw until the UFC made him one. They're downplaying Conor's success for whatever reason.
    Both BJ Penn & Randy Couture have won in 2 weight classes. Randy was obviously HW & LHW & I think BJ was LW & WW? While neither are perhaps quite all time greats, they both are certainly legends of the sport...

Sanity Check

Both BJ Penn & Randy Couture have won in 2 weight classes. Randy was obviously HW & LHW & I think BJ was LW & WW? While neither are perhaps quite all time greats, they both are certainly legends of the sport...
    Conor would be the 1st to hold two belts at the same time. In the UFC Anywayz.

David Branch currently holds 185 and 205 in wsof.

JoshKnows46

He means neither held both belts and defended both belts at the same time like mcgregor will be doing, this will be a first in the ufc.

JoshKnows46

From what I heard mcgregor is a pain in the ass to deal with and is bending the ufc over his knee with his demands, this was why Lorenzo slammed the belt after mcgregor beat aldo. They want him to be humbled a little, but that won't happen anytime soon.

sando

Conor would be the 1st to hold two belts at the same time. In the UFC Anywayz.

David Branch currently holds 185 and 205 in wsof.
    Oh sorry. Silva could have easily held LHW & MW simultaneously. Surely he would have destroyed any of the champs up until Jonny Bones (Rampage, Suga, Machida or Shogun). Also a shame he never fought GSP. I know he was too big to cut down to welterweight, but they could have always fought at a catch weight.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

The fact that McGregor knocked out Aldo in under 10 seconds is going to seriously hurt his ppv buys next fight, regardless of opponent.
    Emh.. what?

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

From what I heard mcgregor is a pain in the ass to deal with and is bending the ufc over his knee with his demands, this was why Lorenzo slammed the belt after mcgregor beat aldo. They want him to be humbled a little, but that won't happen anytime soon.
    I wondered why he did that. Guy should get down and suck Conor's Irish rooster

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Problem with Meisha is she's just stupid as fuk. She has some way better entries into the clinch and doesnt rely on the bodylock exclusively, which means she has a better chance than Ronda. Only problem is the idiot will likely strike with Holm, like she did against Eye and almost lost, until she got a lucky knockdown. Oh yeah, and she tried to take Ronda down too looool.

Meisha youve got a nice ass but you're fuken dumb.
    How can u say miesha is dumb miri? She said before the Holly Rhonda fight stylistically it was a horrible matchup for Holly. Honestly I can't believe I have ever heard a dumber statement from a fighter.
    Points Awarded:

mirinquads gave Thor4140 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I wondered why he did that. Guy should get down and suck Conor's Irish rooster
    The brothers have been notorious scabs there whole life. They don't want to pay anyone and that is why I couldn't care less if they every get in NYork. Conner could be making a penny to their million and they will still think he is overpaid. Fuk these cheap pricks and Dana. I bet Dana stop tipping waitresses 20 grand for his meal after some of the fighters said wtf. The brothers prolly had a talk with him on how it made their cheapness look bad.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11750

I hope RDA knocks out Mcmouth out cold.. Derails his hype train just like Holy Holm did to Rhonda Rousey.. These arrogant fighters need to be humbled...

Rhonda still in lingering and hiding out in the shadows. Lol.. That KO loss broke her.. Loving it ..http://sports.yahoo.com/ufc/

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I hope RDA knocks out Mcmouth out cold.. Derails his hype train just like Holy Holm did to Rhonda Rousey.. These arrogant fighters need to be humbled...

Rhonda still in lingering and hiding out in the shadows. Lol.. That KO loss broke her.. Loving it ..http://sports.yahoo.com/ufc/
    Keep hoping, mcgrefor startches rda. This comment is ridiculas, Both fighters proved it wasn't a hype train, conor took out the p4p best in 13 seconds, niether fighter was cocky, they both were rightfully confident, and have proved time and time again they are one of the best. only diffrence was rousey did it against less talented fighters. Losing to holm or losing to rda will not prove otherwise, rda is one of the top 3 in his division, and all around one of the best in the ufc as is mcgregor. McGregor backs up everything he says, so in no shape or form can it be considered cocky, arragont or hype. It's called self belief and it's a good thing, and he has more of it then any fighter on the roster.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

totally agree.....plus her heart is ALL IN here..
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    It's tough to punk Mesha Tate standing and certainly on the ground.. Holly Holm will be tested... Mesha Tate is the better wrestler bottom line... +323 it's worth a try I think..

PaperTrail07

I just think that if Tate wins round 1 and bullies Holm a little...her standup speed will be reduced and greatly increase her chances to win...

PaperTrail07

preeeeeeety sure its a 5 rounder ....
    Rousey has the worse striking defense I've ever seen, she blocks punches with her face till she gets the takedown in every fight, if she learnslearns how to get her head off the center line, her ass also looked fatter in this fight, she didnt take holm seriously, holm kinda played her based on how shitty holm portrayed her self in her ufc fights, likea pool shark waiting till real money was on the line, next fight will be closer, but she will still lose. Tate has a chance, expecially if Holm of old shows up, and tate doesn't try to strike for 3 straight rounds.

Sanity Check

Problem with Meisha is she's just stupid as fuk.
    I wonder about that sometimes, when I think about what happens if Miesha absorbs a solid shot to her boob bags.

What if Miesha falls and lands on her chest.

Can they pop?

PaperTrail07

He is sales hype but he is also humble...how could you not have the energy he has...to travel 1/2 way across the world to fight....it would seem like you VS the world...Feel like i would have the same mentality as him....you vs the world w your entire country having yuor back....
    Keep hoping, mcgrefor startches rda. This comment is ridiculas, Both fighters proved it wasn't a hype train, conor took out the p4p best in 13 seconds, niether fighter was cocky, they both were rightfully confident, and have proved time and time again they are one of the best. only diffrence was rousey did it against less talented fighters. Losing to holm or losing to rda will not prove otherwise, rda is one of the top 3 in his division, and all around one of the best in the ufc as is mcgregor. McGregor backs up everything he says, so in no shape or form can it be considered cocky, arragont or hype. It's called self belief and it's a good thing, and he has more of it then any fighter on the roster.

sando

Emh.. what?
    Its not rocket science, but ok then, I will explain.

A huge chunk of the ppv buys are from casual MMA fans, the type of punters who boo when a stand up fight hits the mat. Theses guys often buy the fight & invite their mates over, and spend the majority of the time drinking beer, talking shit & eating wings... Until the main event when they all start paying attention.

So people have barely even started paying attention & the fight is over. 1 punch. BANG. 12 seconds. Kind of an anti-climax. Connor's greatness actually working against his $$$ making ability.

How many of those guys do you think are going to hand over $50 for the next Connor fight, when they only care about the main event & probably have little more than a casual name recognition with most of the fighters on the undercard.

Comprehende???

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Its not rocket science, but ok then, I will explain.

A huge chunk of the ppv buys are from casual MMA fans, the type of punters who boo when a stand up fight hits the mat. Theses guys often buy the fight & invite their mates over, and spend the majority of the time drinking beer, talking shit & eating wings... Until the main event when they all start paying attention.

So people have barely even started paying attention & the fight is over. 1 punch. BANG. 12 seconds. Kind of an anti-climax. Connor's greatness actually working against his $$$ making ability.

How many of those guys do you think are going to hand over $50 for the next Connor fight, when they only care about the main event & probably have little more than a casual name recognition with most of the fighters on the undercard.

Comprehende???
    You're beyond retarded. People want to see knockouts. You think this is some sort of Tyson thing where people start losing interests because his fights are too short, after 40 knockouts in a row. Nah.

If people care about Connor (Which they do) they will fork over the money no matter what. Your 'theory' might be the single dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum, and that includes Brooks ramblings.

But you can watch the PPV sales of Conors next fight to find out why you're both wrong and dumb as a bag of rocks for ever making that connection in your head.

First 123 Last