Manny0825
    Manny0825's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I think people are so caught up in the name Aaron Rodgers that they dont realize what has happened to his team. I have absolutely NO doubt about Rodgers and his abilities as a QB. However, his team is just flat out terrible. They will lose to a Hot kirk cousins. Dont just compare Rodegers to Cousins. Of course Rodgers will win that, you need to compares the team overall. Cousins has a better O line, recievers, defense. They are the overall better team. Rodgers has 0 recievers, his o line os terrible, and their defense sucks. Lay the points and take washington. Honestly, id lay a touchdown and still feel comfortable.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Packers receivers cant catch. Randall Cobb is a bust this year. If they somehow catch those perfect passes that Aaron Rodgers is throwing them, then they will have a solid chance of winning this game

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Watch Packers win 35-17

It is the NFL and they unexpected

sandyw123
    sandyw123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3080

I'm doing my own research, and not paying attention to either sharps or public, have won a lot more money that way. And follow your instincts.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Too early

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Who is AR going to throw too? He can't find open receivers even with time in the pocket these days..
    they are just having off days in my opinion.. they show spurts of them old selves, they are just in a funk right now.. and if you have been backing GB lately you might as well punch'em again. the fade train may have already left.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep_Life 42 View Post
    they must like losing money, so why stop on sunday?

its not even that.. cause if you jump green bay ship and try to fade them, the ship have may already sailed..

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Buy low(GB) and sell high(Wash) also applies to the NFL.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Manny0825 View Post
    I think people are so caught up in the name Aaron Rodgers that they dont realize what has happened to his team. I have absolutely NO doubt about Rodgers and his abilities as a QB. However, his team is just flat out terrible. They will lose to a Hot kirk cousins. Dont just compare Rodegers to Cousins. Of course Rodgers will win that, you need to compares the team overall. Cousins has a better O line, recievers, defense. They are the overall better team. Rodgers has 0 recievers, his o line os terrible, and their defense sucks. Lay the points and take washington. Honestly, id lay a touchdown and still feel comfortable.
    Washington defense is better than the Packers d?

I can make the argument that the packers are better at every single defensive position than wash. literally every single one.

that statement is a joke bro.

wash offense is really good imo so they can overcome some of that, but i can guarantee you the packers will be putting up a good amount of points on wash pathetic defense.

CDUBB_CW
    CDUBB_CW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8112

The question every should be asking themselves is: Can you trust Cousins in his 1st playoff game under the bright lights??? Rodgers won a SB and has the experience to beat Redskins defense. I know Rodgers hasn't won a playoff game since Kingdom Come. It changes this year.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Everyone keep loading up on Washington

Ive heard on ESPN three times today already, "Washington already has beat Green Bay"

Manny0825

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Washington defense is better than the Packers d?

I can make the argument that the packers are better at every single defensive position than wash. literally every single one.

that statement is a joke bro.

wash offense is really good imo so they can overcome some of that, but i can guarantee you the packers will be putting up a good amount of points on wash pathetic defense.

The only joke is your response. Look at the stats. Washington has the better defense. Have you watched the packers defense. They let every qb run through them. Your caught up in the name brand of the packers...you have to open up and realize that they are not good. Yea washington isnt great either, but they are playing much better football than the packers. They can actually score something. So before commenting, do some research bud.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Washington wins 31-17 or 31- 20

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Everyone keep loading up on Washington

Ive heard on ESPN three times today already, "Washington already has beat Green Bay"

Op has gb. No need to watch espn.

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    its not even that.. cause if you jump green bay ship and try to fade them, the ship have may already sailed..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JayDr3am

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I agree, Seaweed.

The Redskins rank 24th in Rushing defense.
    The Redskins rank 25th in Passing defense.
    Green Bay has the 6th best defense against the Pass
    While their rush defense is 20th to Redskins 20th best (cancel out)
    Strength of schedule is 8th for Green Bay, 25th for Washington.

Washington isn't sophisticated enough to stop the Packers
    offense. Packers D is also in that top 6-7 area on Sacks
    and Interceptions. Their defense is really being overlooked here.
    Last edited by Snowball; 01-05-16 at 11:16 AM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Washington offensively plays much better at HOME. It's the only thing they have going in this game.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Seaweed and I are the only ones in SBR on Green Bay?

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

The only joke is your response. Look at the stats. Washington has the better defense. Have you watched the packers defense. They let every qb run through them. Your caught up in the name brand of the packers...you have to open up and realize that they are not good. Yea washington isnt great either, but they are playing much better football than the packers. They can actually score something. So before commenting, do some research bud.

Manny, I'm a different guy, but I'm confused how you could even possibly make the argument that Washington's D is better.

I am. Waiting for more points. Isn't weed a hex usually though?

So is JJ, and he said Wash 31-20, lol

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I agree, Seaweed.

The Redskins rank 24th in Rushing defense.
    The Redskins rank 25th in Passing defense.
    Green Bay has the 6th best defense against the Pass
    While their rush defense is 20th to Redskins 20th best (cancel out)
    Strength of schedule is 8th for Green Bay, 25th for Washington.

Washington isn't sophisticated enough to stop the Packers
    offense. Packers D is also in that top 6-7 area on Sacks
    and Interceptions. Their defense is really being overlooked here.
    Defensive yardage statistics are overblown, numbers get skewed based on one area of strength/weakness. Give up a lot of rushing yards, teams don't pass as much. The only stat that matters (imo) is points allowed; Wash gives up 3.5 pts a game more than GB, so slight edge to the Pack. Game's at Wash, so that edge is minimized (again, imo). Skins are going to score, the question is which Packer team is going to show up. The recent one looks awful.

To me the tipping point in this game is Jordan Reed. If GB doesn't neutralize him it's going to be a long day.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

What do stats have to do with anything?

People were telling me during week 7 seattle wasn't the best defense in the nfl "because the stats say so."

you realize seattle has the best player in the nfl at every defensive position pretty much right? that was my response to them. and they said "well the stats don't show it."

you're right, i do look at the names, because that's what matters in the playoffs, not regular season stats. big names win big games. i'm not saying washington can't win, but if you want to get down to it and compare Green Bay defense to Washington's at each position, let's do it. I'd be very curious to see if even one of washington's defensive players is better at their position than Green Bays.

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13772

[QUOTE=JIBBBY;25084093]I agree. ...

Skins are playing well lately and on a winning streak.. Packers can't even buy a win at home against suspect teams these days..

Washington winner of 4 straight games.. That's called being hot and a winning streak..

Greenbay losers of 2 straight.. That's called struggling...

These are the facts and they are undisputed.. In sports and gambling you gotta ride the hot teams and streaks..[/QUOTE

November 22

Green Bay goes to Minnesota off 3 straight losses at pick em.
    The last of the 3 is a loss to the Lions at home for first time since 1991.
    Minnesota is red hot on a 5 game winning streak.

Final Score

Green Bay 30
    Minnesota 13

Just sayin'

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post

Defensive yardage statistics are overblown, numbers get skewed based on one area of strength/weakness. Give up a lot of rushing yards, teams don't pass as much. The only stat that matters (imo) is points allowed; Wash gives up 3.5 pts a game more than GB, so slight edge to the Pack. Game's at Wash, so that edge is minimized (again, imo). Skins are going to score, the question is which Packer team is going to show up. The recent one looks awful.

To me the tipping point in this game is Jordan Reed. If GB doesn't neutralize him it's going to be a long day.
    I agree with your take, except for very particular analysis (read: point margin is close and we're cappin' a championship game) it is true that points against is all that matters. Good stuff. To normalize it though, we would have to be fair and compare who GB played vs. who Washington played.

But that gets to another important question, namely that the NFC East was considered putrid by almost all experts and fans alike this year. Right? Given that reality, what is it that is so intriguing about Washington? They were the best of an awful division. Is it Cousins? The guy is good. Jackson and Reed are real weapons. Still, though, there is a reason why they were 9-7, and don't forget that included 2 each vs. Dallas/NYG/Philly.

I still can't get past that no matter what I see, GB has another shot, has the best QB, and doesn't want to be embarrassed again, and this time it's on a bigger stage.

I'm taking the points, no doubt.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

if there is late money on Green Bay and the line moves as the bets get called in
    you'll see a lot of tunes change around here.
    no reason to wait. I'm ok with taking them right here on Tuesday.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

if there is late money on Green Bay and the line moves as the bets get called in
    I agree with that, but I don't see anything moving for a day or two, so I'll lock either tonight or tomorrow. I agree it won't get to GB +3, maybe +2.5 at worst, which means nothing except for teasers.

JGuer04
    JGuer04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

they really need to pull it together. they are disappointing me as of late. didn't expect them to be amazing without Jordy nelson for the season, but they are not looking to bueno

Manny0825

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post

Manny, I'm a different guy, but I'm confused how you could even possibly make the argument that Washington's D is better.

I am. Waiting for more points. Isn't weed a hex usually though?

So is JJ, and he said Wash 31-20, lol
    swordsandtequila basically said i was i wanted to say. In the last 3 weeks, washingtons defense has been much better. Greenbay is too injured on the defense. Stop looking at season long defense stats because those people arent there anymore. They are hurt. I think people are just too caught up in Rodgers....i could understand if he had a bad game or two. Every hall of famer has a few bad games. But rodgers just doesnt have the talen to continue past the first round right now imo. His recieving corps is depleted. Randall cobb is not a #1. The defense are beating cobb on his own routes! James jones has random sparks and then has complete duds. There defensive players like clay matthews is not that great this season. Sam shields has been hurt, making rollins to get the start. He sucks! With that being said, greenbays d is not that good. And their offense is even worse. I just dont see their subpar defense being able to stop a hot handed kirk cousins. Just let go of the name aaron rodgers, and just look at what he has done this season. And unfortunately, he hasnt done much. Its not his fault. Gb will lose this game, and honestly, i wouldnt have a problem laying a touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post

My point exactly.

Manny0825

People were telling me during week 7 seattle wasn't the best defense in the nfl "because the stats say so."

you realize seattle has the best player in the nfl at every defensive position pretty much right? that was my response to them. and they said "well the stats don't show it."

you're right, i do look at the names, because that's what matters in the playoffs, not regular season stats. big names win big games. i'm not saying washington can't win, but if you want to get down to it and compare Green Bay defense to Washington's at each position, let's do it. I'd be very curious to see if even one of washington's defensive players is better at their position than Green Bays.
    You are looking at season long stats. Those players are injured. Greenbays defense is down to backups. Their defense has fallen off a cliff. And their offense is even worse. Washington has been able to stay relatively healthy. Thats what matters. Aaron rodgers cant save them imo. He is elite, but his team isnt. You have to look past just the qb because there are more positions that are very important as well.

Manny0825

Forgot to adds some stats. According to football outsiders..
    passprotection:
    Washington #10
    GB: #23

OLine
    Washington: #21
    GB: #25

Pass Rush
    Washington: #8
    GB: #14

Even washingtons special teams is better than them ranked at #6 while greenbay is at #17.
    Like i said, stop looking at the name brands and just look at what they have done this season.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Packers -1 now, with 52% currently on Washington.

USCMD
    USCMD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1353

I think this is an incredibly tough spot for GB.

All year theres been talk of AR concealing an injury, or missing his old play caller, or that the O-line was crippling him. Actually GB's oline is a big part of the story, but only indirectly. Here it is, simply, Nelson used to run great routes, get free on the los, and by being a deep threat he forced the safeties to honor him. Take that away, the safeties crowd the box, eliminating the run, and the result, all of the talk about the receivers being unable to separate.

Now one might ask, why the coaches haven't acquired another player that could more effectively take Nelsons place. Until they do, we aren't seeing the old packers take the field. I will not be betting a cent on gb, just haven't decided if any of the other games are more attractive.

All in all, this might be an effective argument why Nelson ought to get a raise. BOL 2 all!!!!

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

Werent you big on Dallas last week...and what happend to them?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

congrats to all Skins backers!

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

It's interesting that the Skins have only been favored to win 2 games this whole year so far........... Washington will be far more determined to play well after the long playoff drought AND their offense will easily out score GB by at least 10 points. Motivation is the key factor here, and G.B. has looked terrible lately. Hate to say it, but it's wash or no bet cause there is no way I'm betting G.B. In this spot!

First 123 Last