Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Browns Expected To Fire Mike Pettine After Final Game Sunday

It looks like the Browns front office will start its new year by looking for a new head coach.

The Browns are expected to fire coach Mike Pettine following Sunday's regular season finale, according to NFL Media.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news...SOC%2FFBSNMain

Like nobody saw this one coming. The $64,000 question will be what happens to Manziel?

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

I think Johnny gone, as they likely get #2 pick be shocked if they don't take a QB

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Pettine will get a coordinator job right after, and maybe consideration for a HC job.

He was handed a lump of shit, with a media disaster attached to it, and they still won games and stayed close in a number of the losses. I'd have a hard time calling him a failure right now.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Browns change QB's and HC's like I change underwear...

KANSAS24
    KANSAS24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by mr klc View Post
    it looks like the browns front office will start its new year by looking for a new head coach.

The browns are expected to fire coach mike pettine following sunday's regular season finale, according to nfl media.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news...soc%2ffbsnmain

like nobody saw this one coming. The $64,000 question will be what happens to manziel?
    whats new! Its the browns

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Browns change QB's and HC's like I change underwear...
    Only once or twice a year? Yikes.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Pettine never wanted Manziel and now he has to deal with that brats shit week in and week out. I think he will be happy to be gone

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Manziel is uncoachable. New coach would want to have nothing to do with him.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Browns are the new Bungels.

CHOICE
    CHOICE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Pettine will get a coordinator job right after, and maybe consideration for a HC job.

He was handed a lump of shit, with a media disaster attached to it, and they still won games and stayed close in a number of the losses. I'd have a hard time calling him a failure right now.
    Pettine is a joke of a HC and won't get any consideration for a HC job. He has done a terrible job in Cleveland and handled the QB situation horribly. He will definitely get a defensive coordinator position because he is a good defensive mind.

blerpblerp
    blerpblerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post

He deserves to be gone. He's also had LOTS more power in acquiring a lot of that lump of shit talent that he trots to the field. Farmer is to blame too, but Pettine's fingerprints are also on that roster and draft picks (sans Manziel).

Our offense has been a huge surprise, especially McCown's production and the OC and Qb coach have done well. Problem is, Pettine's D is the worst in the NFL. It falls on him....its his unit....his scheme....esp when he refused to probably save his job mid-season by not firing DC O'Neil.

The problems start at the top with Haslam. The structure was f'd from the start.

I'm all for continuity, but in THIS CASE, there's no point for CONTINUITY when the people in charge have proven to be incompetent.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

pointless firing.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Someone needs to fire the browns.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is a whore shit head coach

nobody hiring him other than sideline guy

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

I got some of the Browns fans to come out of the woodwork. Good points fellas. Good luck on getting a new HC in there. It's a bad situation to walk into right now.