BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Not an "SEC Guy" by any means....but I'll admit, the SEC is the best. They're not as good as they were a few years ago, but even with a "down year" this year, their conference is still the deepest in college football and this bowl season is proving it. If you are betting SEC down the line this year, you're probably making some pretty good money. Like them or hate them, they're still the cream of college football. That's not debatable, IMO. And like I said, I'm far from being an "SEC guy". I hate most of the teams in that conference with a passion.
    I don't think anyone ever said it "wasn't" a good conference. We were just saying that not every team in the SEC is good. When South Carolina and Mizzoun fans chant SEC, they really should just shut up.

They're good at the top but they're also bad at the bottom just like any other league. The main thing that separates the SEC is that they're a little better at the top than the other conferences.

It's just annoying when these people chant SEC when the team they root for is average.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I don't think anyone ever said it "wasn't" a good conference. We were just saying that not every team in the SEC is good. When South Carolina and Mizzoun fans chant SEC, they really should just shut up.

They're good at the top but they're also bad at the bottom just like any other league. The main thing that separates the SEC is that they're a little better at the top than the other conferences.

It's just annoying when these people chant SEC when the team they root for is average.
    It's deep. Yeah, it has its bad teams and Alabama is #1 or #2, but what makes the conference good is its depth in the middle. Teams like Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Georgia, etc. can go toe to toe with many conferences #1 or #2 team. To me, that's what separates the SEC from other conferences. The depth is there. I would take a team like Arkansas, Tennesse or LSU over the Big 10's #1 or #2, Iowa and Michigan State.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its most dominate year

Making opponents look like babies

BigDofBA

It's deep. Yeah, it has its bad teams and Alabama is #1 or #2, but what makes the conference good is its depth in the middle. Teams like Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Georgia, etc. can go toe to toe with many conferences #1 or #2 team. To me, that's what separates the SEC from other conferences. The depth is there. I would take a team like Arkansas, Tennesse or LSU over the Big 10's #1 or #2, Iowa and Michigan State.
    I wouldn't.

Arkansas really? Arkansas lost at home to Toledo and they also lost at home to the #5 Big 12 team.

Ole Miss? The team that lost to Memphis this season? You think they beat Stanford or Ohio State? What about OU or Clemson?

Tennessee also lost at home to OU in what was the biggest game they've had in a while.

Iowa was overrated but I would take Michigan State and Ohio State over any of the teams you mentioned.

How quickly you forget Ohio State controlled Bama last year.

This is why people dislike the SEC. People act like teams such as Arkansas and Tennesee are as good as other conferences top two teams. They aren't. Try beating Toldeo, Texas Tech, Memphis, or OU at home and get back to me.

Bama is great. I'm not disputing that.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 01-02-16 at 01:37 PM.

navyblue81

I wouldn't.

Arkansas really? Arkansas lost at home to Toledo and they also lost at home to the #5 Big 12 team.

Ole Miss? The team that lost to Memphis this season? You think they beat Stanford or Ohio State? What about OU or Clemson?

Tennessee also lost at home to OU in what was the biggest game they've had in a while.

Iowa was overrated but I would take Michigan State and Ohio State over any of the teams you mentioned.

This is why people dislike the SEC. People act like teams such as Arkansas and Tennesee are as good as other conferences top two teams. They aren't. Try beating Toldeo, Texas Tech, Memphis, or OU at home and get back to me.
    I'm not saying Arkansas or Ole Miss are world beaters. If we want to really look at it, Oklahoma lost to friggin' to Texas. So did Baylor. Michigan State was a play away from losing to Rutgers and Purdue for Christ's sakes and lost to Nebraska. Stanford lost to Northwestern. Ohio State nearly lost to Northern Illinois. Oregon got crushed by Utah. These are the conferences top teams losing to much lesser opponents. It happens all the time in college football....yes, even to SEC teams. Don't pretend like just because Arkansas lost to Toledo that all these conferences are cruising past competition they're supposed to be much better than.

I just look at teams as a whole. I think talent-wise, a team like Arkansas can play with a team like Iowa and beat them on a neutral field. They can beat a team like Michigan State. Do you think Michigan State would be that much more favorite against Ole Miss or LSU? Heck, I know Arkansas being the SEC's 7th or 8th best team can beat the Big 10s or Pac-12s 7th or 8th best team, which makes my point about depth. Look at what Ole Miss did to the Big 12's supposed 2nd best team yesterday. It was embarrassing. Look at what Tennessee did to Northwestern. I use the word depth a lot. They're a deep conference. They may not win every week and they may lose games they're supposed to win, but from top to bottom, it has the most depth and they are the best conference. And like I said, I do not like the SEC. I can't stand Brett Bielema or Mark Richt or Nick Saban. But I give credit where credit is due.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    pavy they should because they DON'T GIVE SHIT ABOUT ACADEMICS! As i remember the wall is filled with all those big 12 titles that tex a.m. and missouri won. They couldn't even compete in the 12 but go to sec and are competing. Hell only reason o.s.u. isn't playing for it all is coach herman is calling plays in houston.
    Are you saying that the football players of all other conferences are going to become brain surgeons and rocket scientists? When you are a football player you work out and play football. You don't try to invent new rocket fuel at class.

BigDofBA

I'm not saying Arkansas or Ole Miss are world beaters. If we want to really look at it, Oklahoma lost to friggin' to Texas. So did Baylor. Michigan State was a play away from losing to Rutgers and Purdue for Christ's sakes and lost to Nebraska. Stanford lost to Northwestern. Ohio State nearly lost to Northern Illinois. Oregon got crushed by Utah. These are the conferences top teams losing to much lesser opponents. It happens all the time in college football....yes, even to SEC teams. Don't pretend like just because Arkansas lost to Toledo that all these conferences are cruising past competition they're supposed to be much better than.
    The main difference here is that Big 12 and Big 10 people don't flood the internet wanting everyone to bow down to their conference. I say the Big 12 sucks ass all the time. The SEC is better than the Big 12. Just because my team plays in the Big 12 doesn't mean I give a shit about the league. OU plays teams OOC every year like Alabama, Oregon, Florida State, Miami, Tennessee, UCLA, etc. Hell, next year we play Ohio State. What OU does isn't effected by what the Big 12 does. Now maybe if you root for some mediocre program like Mizzou, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Miss State, etc. it matters. Maybe that's why those folks root for their conference.

As for OSU, they were a middle of the road Big 12 team that lucked out by all the injuries the Big 12 sustained. My whole point is that while the Big 12 sucks, it's top 3 teams when healthy can play with just about anyone. The same can be said for the Pac-12, Big 10, and ACC.

TCU beat Ole Miss 42-3 last year, Ohio State beat Bama, and Ga. Tech blew out Miss. State. Weren't all three of those SEC #1 at some point last season???? And they all got their shit pushed in during bowl season? That's why people say the SEC gets "too" much love despite being a good conference.

Hell, Auburn was top 5 and projected to be a playoff team coming into the year and they could barely beat 1AA teams at home.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663, Da Manster!, and KKoz9

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Look i was on the meat squad at miami oh for 3 weeks but what I am saying is that only in the sec can you play 4 years without knowing how to read or write. James Brooks anyone. Remember when nebraska as relevant in cfb. When texas and tex am went into the big 12 they made them raise academic standards and nebraska has stunk ever since.If notre dame could take all the dipshits that are able to play immediately in the sec they would never lose.

BigDofBA

Good post Chico. Check the article below. I think it's a year or two old but it's pretty much the same today. SEC colleges spend way more money on athletics and care less about the athletes actually graduating.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-sec-...e-embarrassed/

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

who gives a fukk?

sec colleges are better at sports

academia? ill go northeast

navyblue81

The main difference here is that Big 12 and Big 10 people don't flood the internet wanting everyone to bow down to their conference. I say the Big 12 sucks ass all the time. The SEC is better than the Big 12. Just because my team plays in the Big 12 doesn't mean I give a shit about the league. OU plays teams OOC every year like Alabama, Oregon, Florida State, Miami, Tennessee, UCLA, etc. Hell, next year we play Ohio State. What OU does isn't effected by what the Big 12 does. Now maybe if you root for some mediocre program like Mizzou, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Miss State, etc. it matters. Maybe that's why those folks root for their conference.

As for OSU, they were a middle of the road Big 12 team that lucked out by all the injuries the Big 12 sustained. My whole point is that while the Big 12 sucks, it's top 3 teams when healthy can play with just about anyone. The same can be said for the Pac-12, Big 10, and ACC.

TCU beat Ole Miss 42-3 last year, Ohio State beat Bama, and Ga. Tech blew out Miss. State. Weren't all three of those SEC #1 at some point last season???? And they all got their shit pushed in during bowl season? That's why people say the SEC gets "too" much love despite being a good conference.

Hell, Auburn was top 5 and projected to be a playoff team coming into the year and they could barely beat 1AA teams at home.
    I agree with a lot of your points. By no means am I saying the SEC is heads and heels above everyone else and I am by no means an SEC nut-hugger like some. I just think overall from top to bottom, it's the best. Last year, I said the Pac-12 was #1. Not saying the SEC is #1 by a lot, but it's #1. It's the deepest conference and the bowl games have shown that.

That being said, it's not so dominant to the point where they are going to win every game and dominate every opponent they're better than. I just think the middle of the SEC is a lot better than the middle of a lot of teams conferences. That's where the SEC separates itself this year. Give me the SEC's 8th best team over any other conference's 8th best team.

BigDofBA

I agree with a lot of your points. By no means am I saying the SEC is heads and heels above everyone else and I am by no means an SEC nut-hugger like some. I just think overall from top to bottom, it's the best. Last year, I said the Pac-12 was #1. Not saying the SEC is #1 by a lot, but it's #1. It's the deepest conference and the bowl games have shown that.

That being said, it's not so dominant to the point where they are going to win every game and dominate every opponent they're better than. I just think the middle of the SEC is a lot better than the middle of a lot of teams conferences. That's where the SEC separates itself this year. Give me the SEC's 8th best team over any other conference's 8th best team.
    We probably do agree more than you think. The SEC probably is the best conference but I don't think it's as far ahead as SEC people think it is.

Top teams from other conferences could goto the SEC and easily compete with Bama to win the league. Hell, Mizzou left the Big 12 and started winning the SEC East. Also, don't forget that as great as Bama has been, they did get whipped upon by OU and Ohio State the last two years in their bowl game so it's not like other leagues can't play some football too.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

The funniest part is that all of these people that root for the "SEC" are fans of teams that are irrelevant. It would be like me bragging about the Big 12 if Texas was winning a lot of championships. I rooted against Texas when they played Bama a few years ago. Why in the penetrate would I root for my rival?

I guess when you live in the South, you have to cling to something. If your teams sucks you have to brag about your league even if it's your rival winning all of the titles. Lmao. How pathetic.
    With that great Oklahoma education of yours try learning to read....you simply cant comprehend EVERY YEAR...either you or your opponents in the conference are going to be favored to win the national championship....its alien to your mind. It's like explaining quantum physics to a retarded child....if every year a different big 12 team was winning the national championship you would finally understand....Texas won 1 and OU won 1 in the last 19 seasons...that's the whole big 12 last 2 decades...so you missed out on 1 other big 12 win in the last however many decades by not rooting for Texas....who cares....the SEC is about to win their 10th!!!! Ya get the difference between 10 and 2....that's 5x the titles of the big 12....for every title your conference (of which only OU and Texas ever have a shot anyway) we win 5....that's how much better we are than you.

It's like take ur IQ and multiply it by 5 and that's how much smarter SEC fans are than OU fans....take the # of titles the big 12 has won and multiply it by 5 and that's how many titles the SEC is going to win....it's simple math

bettilimbroke999

We probably do agree more than you think. The SEC probably is the best conference but I don't think it's as far ahead as SEC people think it is.

Top teams from other conferences could goto the SEC and easily compete with Bama to win the league. Hell, Mizzou left the Big 12 and started winning the SEC East. Also, don't forget that as great as Bama has been, they did get whipped upon by OU and Ohio State the last two years in their bowl game so it's not like other leagues can't play some football too.

BINGO! BINGO! BINGO!

The light has finally come on

If OU hadn't been beaten by Clemson we coulda found out if they could beat Bama...but unfortunately my OU +19 teaser didnt cash so maybe next year

bettilimbroke999

LET THE LIGHT OF TRUTH INTO YOUR LIFE BROTHER! HALELUJAH! HALELUJAH! HALELUJAH!

ENJOY THAT 1 WIN BY OU IN THE LAST 30 YEARS....THEY ARE GREAT!

Look just get on the bandwagon and root for the SEC....OU is in the hospital after a meeting with Clemson so why not root for Bama to beat the team that anally raped your Sooners....they should all be in jail for a beating like that anyway 20 points I mean come on make the game watchable! Who are you gonna root for Clemson? So those joke ACC fans can believe they actually have the best conference "at the top" winning 2 of the last 3 titles....dont let your hate blind u

bettilimbroke999

Look i was on the meat squad at miami oh for 3 weeks but what I am saying is that only in the sec can you play 4 years without knowing how to read or write. James Brooks anyone. Remember when nebraska as relevant in cfb. When texas and tex am went into the big 12 they made them raise academic standards and nebraska has stunk ever since.If notre dame could take all the dipshits that are able to play immediately in the sec they would never lose.
    This is SPORTS SON...WAKE UP....look Derrick Rose had to score like an 18 or something on the ACT to play college ball in the NCAA....a perfect score is a 36 but ya already get like a 15 for signing your name....he scored a 16 and the NCAA wouldn't let him play....THEN MIRACULOUSLY (good job Coach Calipari) he takes a "private retest" and scores like a 26 or something...they said it was funny bc the guy taking the retest was an Asian kid but other than that it was all on the up and up.

Look D Rose makes 40 mil a year and cant even spell his own name....he probably has someone else endorse his checks....he wasn't at Memphis to become a doctor (yo uh you gots da cancer man!)....no....he was there to play basketball and win championships....you dont see Harvard and Yale competing for many championships in football or basketball do ya....I'm strictly talking about sports here. If you are the smartest go to the Ivy league and write some fuckin computer programs but if you are the most athletic come to the south we'll make u a celebrity athlete in the big show....for penetrates sake we GOT THAT SLOW PILE OF SHIT AJ MCCARRON STARTS IN THE NFL and that penetrate shouldn't even be allowed to play college ball! But he could throw a 5 yard pass and have his receiver runover defenders and turn it into a 50 yard TD pass or handoff to a back and have that back run over defenders and have his defense give up 0 points so he's a 3x national champion!

bettilimbroke999

I wouldn't.

Bama is great. I'm not disputing that.
    To be honest if TN and OU played again TN would kick their ass I hate to tell ya....they caught us on a 1st team of the season snooze 4th qtr complete choke job just like Northwestern caught Stanford....TN got better every game going 6-1 after a 2-3 start....that 1 lost was a loss to Bama TD in the last 2 mins of the game @ Bama....then made it 7-1 by beating Northwestern by 39 in their bowl game....OU in the meantime just fizzled out and Clemson sent them home to drink Listerine on the res where their campus is

chico2663

dude i light weight root for tennessee for their coach and dylan w. But NO WAY IN HELL tenn competes with oklahoma. AS A TEXAS FAN ;I FUKKIN HATE OKLAHOMA.My niece is a jr. at oklahoma and i still hate them. By the way ;how did that parlay go last year. As far as 10-2; they used to only let conference champs play in ncaa bb tourney. Ucla won countless but when they opened the tourney up we see how many they have. All I know is right now under the new system they are 0-1. If and when alabama loses are you going to be back here running your diiiicksucker?

bettilimbroke999

dude i light weight root for tennessee for their coach and dylan w. But NO WAY IN HELL tenn competes with oklahoma. AS A TEXAS FAN ;I FUKKIN HATE OKLAHOMA.My niece is a jr. at oklahoma and i still hate them. By the way ;how did that parlay go last year. As far as 10-2; they used to only let conference champs play in ncaa bb tourney. Ucla won countless but when they opened the tourney up we see how many they have. All I know is right now under the new system they are 0-1. If and when alabama loses are you going to be back here running your diiiicksucker?
    They actually led them by 14 in the 4th qtr to start the season but okay I guess a 7 point choke loss in double overtime (their largest loss by points of the season means they dont compete okay)...TN also lost to Florida by a point blowing another 4th qtr lead and as a result I suppose you dont think they can compete with Florida either but if they played Florida right now I'm telling ya they'd beat the shit out of em...and in past years I wouldnt dare say that...this team is 7-1 their last 8 games other than allowing a Bama TD in the last 2 mins to lose by 5 @ bama they'd have won 8 straight...TN next year is gonna be a very tough team for anybody

Northwestern knocked Stanford out of the playoffs (who should've been a lock given their talent and easy schedule) but TN just beat em 39 like they were a Div 2 team...that's saying something about the progress of their program...its been since 98 undefeated national championship and the 4 years prior with Peyton Manning that TN was at the top of their game and feared but they're certainly moving in the right direction...but again in our conference you probably have to beat Bama to get into the national championship playoffs and although TN had the lead with 2 minutes left the Crimson Tide are certainly an incredibly solid team and too tough for anybody at the moment so we'll see if TN can elevate to that level next year....they're getting awfully close and not gonna be taken lightly by anyone
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 01-02-16 at 06:24 PM.

bettilimbroke999

If and when what Clemson beats Bama....its not gonna happen unless Clemson somehow gets a massive # of turnovers....I'll be betting big on Bama so I doubt I'll be in here talking (probably be downing a fifth of Patron or something) if they lose but I'll still be certain the SEC is the best conference yes....it would take the ACC winning over half the titles for me to change my mind about that and that seems unlikely...but good luck to Clemson I mean it is football and with kickoff returns and pick 6s games can change where the worst team wins....if the best team won everytime we'd all be rich and the books out of money...but certainly I'll be betting on Bama and very surprised and disappointed if they lose

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Clemson going to whoop Bama's red ass

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

jjgold

who is that guy??

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    who is that guy??
    A mother***ing badass Bama fan! SEC SEC SEC!!!

jjgold

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    They actually led them by 14 in the 4th qtr to start the season but okay I guess a 7 point choke loss in double overtime (their largest loss by points of the season means they dont compete okay)...TN also lost to Florida by a point blowing another 4th qtr lead and as a result I suppose you dont think they can compete with Florida either but if they played Florida right now I'm telling ya they'd beat the shit out of em...and in past years I wouldnt dare say that...this team is 7-1 their last 8 games other than allowing a Bama TD in the last 2 mins to lose by 5 @ bama they'd have won 8 straight...TN next year is gonna be a very tough team for anybody

Northwestern knocked Stanford out of the playoffs (who should've been a lock given their talent and easy schedule) but TN just beat em 39 like they were a Div 2 team...that's saying something about the progress of their program...its been since 98 undefeated national championship and the 4 years prior with Peyton Manning that TN was at the top of their game and feared but they're certainly moving in the right direction...but again in our conference you probably have to beat Bama to get into the national championship playoffs and although TN had the lead with 2 minutes left the Crimson Tide are certainly an incredibly solid team and too tough for anybody at the moment so we'll see if TN can elevate to that level next year....they're getting awfully close and not gonna be taken lightly by anyone

I KNOW . I LOST 500 ON THAT GAME! They have improved more than tenn has imo.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post

Iowa skunked northwestern. so what is your point?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2750

damn, he's got bigger than my sister!..

rockaflocka
    rockaflocka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3363

I think the SEC is a great conference but these threads pop up every year because Bama has been dominate. Do you realize the Vegas rankings had 2 sec schools in the top 10 (Mississippi being the other) ? Just like 2 pac 12, 2 acc, and 2 big ten. Yes Bama is number one but get over yourself if you think lsu, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia or Auburn was good this year

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by rockaflocka View Post
    I think the SEC is a great conference but these threads pop up every year because Bama has been dominate. Do you realize the Vegas rankings had 2 sec schools in the top 10 (Mississippi being the other) ? Just like 2 pac 12, 2 acc, and 2 big ten. Yes Bama is number one but get over yourself if you think lsu, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia or Auburn was good this year
    They don't realize this. That is because Southern States are among the poorest, fattest, dumbest, and dirtiest in all the country. There are some great people there, but a lot of them just aren't very smart.

This dude is a Tennessee fan living off what his rival does. I wonder if UNC flooded the internet talking about how great the ACC was last year when Duke won it all in hoops??? Actually, we all know they didn't most people aren't that stupid.

Last edited by BigDofBA; 01-02-16 at 08:17 PM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by mikewlgm View Post
    Thought he was an Atlanta Braves fan?

nice

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by mikewlgm View Post
    Odds this guy has a kid with his sister or cousin?

Yes -300
    No +230

bettilimbroke999

Iowa skunked northwestern. so what is your point?
    Well Iowa was 1 game away from being undefeated and in the playoffs but uh ok idk...3 pt loss to MSU their last game or else theyd have been in the playoffs...u got high standards for what is a good team damn...I didnt say TN was better than Bama here give me a break...they are the best team in the country hands down but yes I'm sure TN is as good as Iowa and as good as OU and MSU

bettilimbroke999

They don't realize this. That is because Southern States are among the poorest, fattest, dumbest, and dirtiest in all the country. There are some great people there, but a lot of them just aren't very smart.

This dude is a Tennessee fan living off what his rival does. I wonder if UNC flooded the internet talking about how great the ACC was last year when Duke won it all in hoops??? Actually, we all know they didn't most people aren't that stupid.

I would reply but I couldn't afford to pay my internet bill and I can't read sorry

Hey the truth is I dont really care as far as rooting for Bama...I will be BETTING on Bama so its gonna be hard not to root for them but ultimately the unbelievable strength and depth of the SEC is unlike any other conference...it prevents you from having a record like u would have in these other conferences....look fuckin Iowa was 3 pts away from an undefeated season and they're not that good but in the big 10 penetrate it they're great I guess...in the SEC we call Iowa South Carolina

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

What do you mean dumbest and dirtiest? We are very smart and clean. Best place to live right now is the South. Watch your language before you insult us.

First 1234 Last