habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

How/Why is Chelsea favored today @ Leicester?

I'll admit that I'm a very casual football/soccer fan but this line doesn't add up. Chelsea has players ready to jump ship via a schism between certain players and their coach. They're at the bottom of the table and Leicester is rolling and at the top of the standings. The game is on Leicester's home turf. Yet despite all of that Chelsea is a slight favorite to win and chalk on the spread? Ok I'm baffled somebody that follows the Premier League regularly explain it to me. I'm inclined to throw some change on Chelsea just because it seems way too easy for Leicester, almost as if this game will be fixed for blues to win or something.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

anything possible in EPL!!!

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    anything possible in EPL!!!
    I completely understand that and I agree but tell me shouldn't Leicester have been favored in this game just based on logic and body of work this season, or am I crazy/ignorant?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

the line is a psychological line....many will feel the blues will be up for leicester and be in top form.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Hope to see Chelsea get battered here. Hazard a ghost, Costa's a fukn prick. Fukn rent boys all of em.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Cant believe Chelsea is ranked 16 in the league,unreal.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Now Chelsea have a relegation battle game at home Sat vs Sunderland..

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Leicester winning the league would be unreal

They just keep winning

habitualwinning

I have more questions since I'm a casual soccer fan. I know this isn't probable but it's just a hypothetical. What happens if Chelsea were to somehow win the Champions league but get relegated in the Premier League, how would that work out? Also is it common for these big name teams to get relegated? When's the last time a Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal etc. were booted from league one?

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Watford and Palace at the top of the table,this is wild.

delpiero7
    delpiero7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1720

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    I have more questions since I'm a casual soccer fan. I know this isn't probable but it's just a hypothetical. What happens if Chelsea were to somehow win the Champions league but get relegated in the Premier League, how would that work out? Also is it common for these big name teams to get relegated? When's the last time a Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal etc. were booted from league one?
    Certainly hasn't happened in the last 20+ years.

As an example, Man Utd finishing 6th/7th a couple of seasons back was a massive shock, and resulted in the manager getting the sack.

For a top 4 or 5 team to be in such a low position in the league at this stage of the season would be unfathomable, let alone the defending champions.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Man I am rooting for Chelsea to get relagated big time.Their Russian Oligarch owner might jump off the Kremlin

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Leicester is the best non-college sports underdog story in a long time.

Hope they can keep it up. Not getting enough attention here in NA.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Arsenal has been in the top division (its had different names over the years) for I think 100 years straight now.

Man U last relegated at the end of 73-74 season.

Chelsea last relegated after 88-89 season.

Man City last relegated after 2000-2001
    Points Awarded:

habitualwinning gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Man I am rooting for Chelsea to get relagated big time.Their Russian Oligarch owner might jump off the Kremlin
    blues supporters will go bonkers....if they do get regulated (which i think will not happen) the money they would lose and players gone off the team. it would be a nightmare

charcoalbbq
    charcoalbbq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

juventus in italy was relegated couple of years ago but that was punishment for match fixing

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Chelsea is actually not a big name. The club was made by Russian blood money, and it will be only fitting if that pathetic team goes back into oblivion.

habitualwinning

Thanks to everyone that posted in response to my questions. I literally learned something I didn't know from every post. Still unsure of my other question though. What happens if Chelsea were to somehow win the Champions League this season but get booted from the Premier league? Would that make them ineligible to defend it next year? I'm not saying that will happen, I just want to know what would happen if that hypothetical did occur?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Thanks to everyone that posted in response to my questions. I literally learned something I didn't know from every post. Still unsure of my other question though. What happens if Chelsea were to somehow win the Champions League this season but get booted from the Premier league? Would that make them ineligible to defend it next year? I'm not saying that will happen, I just want to know what would happen if that hypothetical did occur?
    I think they would be able to stay and compete in the Champions League next year....You get an automatic bid if you win the year prior

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

oops wrong post for thread.
    Last edited by MoMoneyMoVaughn; 12-16-15 at 12:05 AM.

december26
    december26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

I don't think it's ever happened in history but in EPL the champions league winner always takes fourth place's spot if they don't make the top four and fourth is relegated to compete in Europa League the following season. Recent example was Chelsea winning it in 2011-2012 but coming in sixth, and Spurs coming in fourth but being relegated to the Europa League as a result.

rabun
    rabun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1054

Quote Originally Posted by december26 View Post
    I don't think it's ever happened in history but in EPL the champions league winner always takes fourth place's spot if they don't make the top four and fourth is relegated to compete in Europa League the following season. Recent example was Chelsea winning it in 2011-2012 but coming in sixth, and Spurs coming in fourth but being relegated to the Europa League as a result.
    You're right.. Spurs went to EL because there was a rule of maximum 4 clubs per federation. Now it was changed to 5 so we had five spanish teams this season (Sevilla because they won EL title). The defending champion has automatic qualification regardless of place in the league and also the winner of Europe League. Ironically Sevilla will have a chance of defending EL because 3rd place in the CL groups..

rabun
    rabun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1054

In 2005 Liverpool won and finished 5 in EPL. They didn't qualify directly but were given special exemption to CL.
    England had record - 5 teames starting but Everton failed to qualify for the group stage...

chuda
    chuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14256

Jose sacked.... again ...lol

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

knew this was coming...but they still in champions league knockout stage....should have let him play it out

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by chuda View Post
    Jose sacked.... again ...lol
    His act is old and tiresome. He should manage the porks at euro 2016.