Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Tarheels Backers Got Royally Screwed Out of a Backdoor Cover By the Zebras!!!

Of course we have another horrible officiating call possibly alter the outcome of the game. Sure, why should college football be any different? Heels recover an onside kick but get called for being offsides when the replay clearly showed that wasn't the case. Even Fowler and Herbstreet were confounded. With three timeouts, and a minute and some change remaining, and the ball near midfield, you have to believe that Carolina would have had a very good chance to score (covering the spread) and possibly send it to overtime with a two point conversion.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I need a replay, ASAP.

Eddy Munny

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Horrific call.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

What is that god darn official looking at??? Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddy Munny

It's hard enough to recover an onside kick when you need it... then you get one and the refs take it away on account of some severe visual impairment that causes them to see special teams ghosts.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

excellent post EM...I was just about to say the same thing...fukkin refs are terrible...no way around it...this is why I do teasers...to allow for a margin of error because of these incompetent a$$holes...

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19551

That's not reviewable?

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    That's not reviewable?
    don't think so believe thats viewed as subjective by officials which is BS

Eddy Munny

It should be reviewable play... replay can unequivocally determine whether the kick team was offsides or not. They'll sit there and waffle on reviews for plays that are far more subjective than an onside kick penalty, but can't go under the hood for a crucial play that replay can prove beyond a doubt? So fukking stupid. I'm pissed just as a bettor... I can't imagine how Larry Fedora must feel.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

The Tar Heel second from the bottom looks offsides to me. The camera angle is bad, and the ref has the best view of it right on the line. It's tight, but I think the ref got it right. If any part of his body, including his hand is touching the plane of the inside of the 35 yrd line stripe, it's offsides. The player who was offsides ultimately recovers the ball for UNC. Every time I watch it he looks offsides to me, and no, I'm not a die hard Clemson fan, and I didn't have a nickel on the game. If that ref is doing it right, he's looking right down the inside of that stripe and listening for the kick, and if he see's anything on that line, even a hand, when he hears the kick, he's tossing the flag.

I've seen enough photo finishes at race tracks for the last 35 years that have that same camera angle to know how deceptive they can be. I've watched horse races from that very same angle where you swear a horse is passed, and the photo right on the line says otherwise.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Oh well.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    The Tar Heel second from the bottom looks offsides to me. The camera angle is bad, and the ref has the best view of it right on the line. It's tight, but I think the ref got it right. If any part of his body, including his hand is touching the plane of the inside of the 35 yrd line stripe, it's offsides. The player who was offsides ultimately recovers the ball for UNC. Every time I watch it he looks offsides to me, and no, I'm not a die hard Clemson fan, and I didn't have a nickel on the game. If that ref is doing it right, he's looking right down the inside of that stripe and listening for the kick, and if he see's anything on that line, even a hand, when he hears the kick, he's tossing the flag.

I've seen enough photo finishes at race tracks for the last 35 years that have that same camera angle to know how deceptive they can be. I've watched horse races from that very same angle where you swear a horse is passed, and the photo right on the line says otherwise.
    No way, bruh... UNC was onsides and it wasn't even close. In fact, the GIF I posted in this thread doesn't even do it justice. If you look at a cleaner replay of the kick, you'll see that everyone on the kick team was clearly behind the 35 yard line when foot met ball. The officials done fukked up and robbed the Heels of a chance to send the game to OT.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

The Tar Heel second from the bottom looks offsides to me.
    No he was not.

Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave LT Profits 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

It was a bad call....I had NC+6 for a little bit and was actually just happy to hit a teaser with NC +13 but the easy play on this was the Over. I jumped on it early w/Over 66.5. The NC QB threw like shit and it was still an easy winner. The biggest thing I thought going forward from today was that OU will prob win the National Championship!

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Public was heavy Clemson, not sure what angle you are trying to find here.

Fred The Hammer

Overall its just been a complete clusterfuck for officiating NFL and college. That Lion def player didn't facemask Rodgers on Thursday either? Guy falls out of bounds with :02 left right in front of the zebra the other night NE/Buff and the idiot windmills his arm to keep running the clock...game over? Its like they've never watched a pee wee game?

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

It's not like they were guaranteed to drive for a touchdown even if they weren't offsides.

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    No way, bruh... UNC was onsides and it wasn't even close. In fact, the GIF I posted in this thread doesn't even do it justice. If you look at a cleaner replay of the kick, you'll see that everyone on the kick team was clearly behind the 35 yard line when foot met ball. The officials done fukked up and robbed the Heels of a chance to send the game to OT.
    I kind of wanted Clemson to win 45-43 so the NC coach would have to explain that stupid ass 2 pt try on their first TD? Then they cut it to 42-29 and didnt go for 2 there either? I don't have the 2 pt card but I know you go for 2 there to get within 11 in the 4th quarter. Cutting the lead to 12 serves no purpose?

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    It's not like they were guaranteed to drive for a touchdown even if they weren't offsides.
    Clemson's D was dog tired and NC just drove the field in a minute or less? They would've only had to go 50 this time

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    No he was not.

Thank you for posting this. Some guy above was trying to say UNC looked offside and we just had a bad angle....Give me a freaking break. It can't possibly be any more clear than the picture above. The guy was a full yard behind the kicker.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

yeah, that guy was offsides. had no money on the game here, but was hoping for OT.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

They have already posted the frames all over twitter, was 100% NOT offsides.
    That play under 2 minutes should be 100% reviewable also just because of the cheating that is most likely involved in this situation. (I

Scamming is at an all-time high in football right now.
    The product is horrific because of it also.

MLB has improved their game massively, trying to speed up the game, along with getting calls correct, and umpires have virtually no power to cheat anymore. Their product is top notch currently.

The refs in football still have the power to be paid off and not be reprimanded when blatantly cheating.

Remember that miami-duke scandal? That was the most insane thing I ever heard when they didn't ban the refs in the review booth for life. Guy takes a payoff without a doubt, scams the winner, and what did he get like a 1 week suspension?

Guarantee you the ref who called this off-sides was on the payroll boys.
    He made 100% sure unc didn't get that ball back. He had no choice after they came back and could tie it with one more possession. He did what he was paid to do.

It's not like every single bad call is a ref cheating, some of them are just plain awful.
    But in these 2 examples, they were both 100% crooked.
    You're not throwing an offsides flag unless you're 100%.
    When do you EVER see controversial offsides plays? Hardly EVER.
    Last edited by BennyBigNuts; 12-06-15 at 01:54 AM.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Bottom line: Not a reviewable play - Needs to be!

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17128

Attachment 87273

i estimated the line of his left foot but it could be offsides if his hand is near the line i estimated his left foot to be on.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    No he was not.

That stopped frame is garbage. First off, the ball hasn't left the tee and even still, considering the angle, his hand looks offsides. Also, the yellow line is misplaced because it doesn't run with the inside of the yard marker. All that has to be done is a fingernail touch the plane of the inside of the 35 yard line. Take the video, and go frame by frame, and the first frame where his toe and leg are in the air and the ball is off the tee, the UNC player is offsides. Try learning a little physics and basic angles and you won't come off looking so stupid.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

having said all that, and I do agree the offsides call was bullshit, it couldn't have happened to a better coach than douchebag Larry Fedora...right off the bat his team scores a TD and instead of kicking an easy extra point, he tries to get cute and goes for a 2 pt conversion with some kind of gimmicky trick call!...it gave Clemson the momentum right back!...UNC only was up 9 - 7 instead of 10 - 7!...also late in the second half, he goes for it on 4th down from their own 30 and has the punter trying to throw a football and it was a comedy of errors right from the start....of'course Clemsons scores another TD and for all intents and purposes, puts the game away by increasing their lead to three TD's.

LT Profits

That stopped frame is garbage. First off, the ball hasn't left the tee and even still, considering the angle, his hand looks offsides. Also, the yellow line is misplaced because it doesn't run with the inside of the yard marker. All that has to be done is a fingernail touch the plane of the inside of the 35 yard line. Take the video, and go frame by frame, and the first frame where his toe and leg are in the air and the ball is off the tee, the UNC player is offsides. Try learning a little physics and basic angles and you won't come off looking so stupid.
    Do you get defensive much? Yellow line misplaced? Really?

The yellow line doesn't even matter, it is a kick-off so all that matters is the 35-yard line. And is outstretched hand is CLEARLY behind the 35-yard line, albeit maybe by only about a foot, but still behind nonetheless, enough so that call would have been overturned if it was reviewable.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Should be reviewable. Offsides not subjective.

Eddy Munny

Is this Indio guy serious? He's talking about angles and physics and breaking it all down frame by frame? This is football, not the Zapruder Film. He must be the actual ref who called the penalty, or maybe the ref's lawyer. This dude really wants to believe it was offsides when the whole free world can see that it wasn't.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

Msu false started on final play too

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Is this Indio guy serious? He's talking about angles and physics and breaking it all down frame by frame? This is football, not the Zapruder Film. He must be the actual ref who called the penalty, or maybe the ref's lawyer. This dude really wants to believe it was offsides when the whole free world can see that it wasn't.
    Seriously.

And the irony is that while angles and physics would probably yield the right answer in the real world, they are irrelevant in the context of reviewing a play because if something like this was reviewable, all the officials have is their eyes and nothing else. And from the picture above as well as slow motion replays that have been shown on TV, it certainly looks to the naked eye that the arm was behind the 35 when kicker made contact with ball.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

refs have to start getting fire for bad calls

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You guys are nothing more than a bunch of f**king p*ssies who lose your worthless arses on a regular basis and have to find an excuse for your stupidity. Each and every one of you should get your worthless arses rapped around your big mouths. I have never seen a more pathetic bunch of losers in my life. I wager more on one game than you f**kups wager in an entire season. Do I lose some games on questionable calls? Yes. Do I whine and cry about it? No. It is part of the game and if you dumb morons do not like it, do not wager.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You guys are nothing more than a bunch of f**king p*ssies who lose your worthless arses on a regular basis and have to find an excuse for your stupidity. Each and every one of you should get your worthless arses rapped around your big mouths. I have never seen a more pathetic bunch of losers in my life. I wager more on one game than you f**kups wager in an entire season. Do I lose some games on questionable calls? Yes. Do I whine and cry about it? No. It is part of the game and if you dumb morons do not like it, do not wager.

from the broke fukk who bets 36 cents playing online poker

back to mcdoonalds and asking your customers if they want fries with their order

12 Last