jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They played well under him

I guess good move

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is a solid move by USC. Not only did the team play well under him, but he was able to introduce the changes to the system that he wanted. The players are all in for him. Why bother chasing some "big name" that will come in and change everything? He also gets to keep his recruits.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2750

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is a solid move by USC. Not only did the team play well under him, but he was able to introduce the changes to the system that he wanted. The players are all in for him. Why bother chasing some "big name" that will come in and change everything? He also gets to keep his recruits.
    good, solid post Bigdaddy...this was definitely the right move...they should have made this move a long time ago instead of hiring Steve Sarkasian a few years ago....having said that, I'm still feeling Stanford this week over USC in the Pac-12 title game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    good, solid post Bigdaddy...this was definitely the right move...they should have made this move a long time ago instead of hiring Steve Sarkasian a few years ago....having said that, I'm still feeling Stanford this week over USC in the Pac-12 title game.
    I agree, but who knows? This is the one CC game that does not mean a lot, as far as the playoff is concerned. The winner gets the Rose Bowl. The loser gets who knows. If the loser is Stanford, they may get the Alamo Bowl. If it is USC, they could get the Foster Farms Bowl, which will be played in the same stadium as the CC game is being played on Saturday.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Now you can give clay hummers after games

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

So says the biggest gay in here. Fukk off moron before I rap your arse around your neck. F**king moron roots for a 3-9 team.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

So says the biggest gay in here. Fukk off moron before I rap your arse around your neck. F**king moron roots for a 3-9 team.
    Im surprised you can talk with a mouthful of semen

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Seemed like the move they would make. I think USC is kind of exhausted and wants to let things settle. He's the kind of guy you can dump quick if you find someone better. They are basically just going to wait for a better candidate which is smart. There really isn't a West Coast kind of guy to hire right now.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

This is simply Pat Haden covering his own ass. Haden loses HIS job IF he hires another dud. Keep Helton and keep looking for the REAL NEXT coach at USC. Helton is NOT the answer...........just the convenient answer for not fugging shit up again.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Ed Orgeron is all like "so now you decide to keep an interim coach"

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    This is simply Pat Haden covering his own ass. Haden loses HIS job IF he hires another dud. Keep Helton and keep looking for the REAL NEXT coach at USC. Helton is NOT the answer...........just the convenient answer for not fugging shit up again.

exactly, and more mediocrity

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Ian Rappport of NFL network "reported" that SC met with Chip Kelly' in philly on Friday. Of course Kelly denied it. Makes some sense as they name Helton HC today.

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

The right guy is at Houston. Mark it. Miami be crazy not to hire him.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Ian Rappport of NFL network "reported" that SC met with Chip Kelly' in philly on Friday. Of course Kelly denied it. Makes some sense as they name Helton HC today.
    Think that was made up as they assumed Chip was gonna be hired and try and be first to say they had met

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Another no name coach at USC, man that program has dropped several notches, but I guess that's what happens when you have a clown for an A.D. that constantly makes your program look stupid yet somehow has a job.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

BREAKING: A source close to the situation is telling me that USC head coach Clay Helton is coming back next season.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

"I'm Hearing Jeff Fisher or Jack Del Rio to USC."

- Jason La Canfora

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Those are the common names being thrown around. I doubt that either one will be in the running. The big question is what will they do with Lynn Swan? If they let Swan go (and a lot of big money alum do not like him) then there is the possibility that Pete Carroll leaves Seattle and comes back as the AD. He then picks out a new HC who will probably be more defensive minded like Carroll was. In 2008, Carroll's team held 9 out of 13 opponents, including Ohio State and Notre Dame, to 10 points or less. In his last season there, the number was 6. This season the number is 0.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 11-21-18 at 05:51 PM.

Amay537
    Amay537's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1753

They have to, because after they get annihilated by 100 to ND. People will be calling for his head..