MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    as a Pac 12 supporter and an Oregon fan and grad. They DO NOT deserve a team in final 4
    I'm just saying they will be pissed if Stanford and UNac are left out for a team not even good enough to win their division

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I'm just saying they will be pissed if Stanford and UNac are left out for a team not even good enough to win their division
    Agreed and if UNC wins they have a damn valid argument

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Ok here is another thought. How many spots will Clemson fall if they lose by 1 point to North Carolina? Right now Ohio St is #8.

Is it possible that Clemson still makes the Final Four with a close loss to NC?

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Ok here is another thought. How many spots will Clemson fall if they lose by 1 point to North Carolina? Right now Ohio St is #8.

Is it possible that Clemson still makes the Final Four with a close loss to NC?
    Then you would have to leave UNC out who just beat them. Too late in the year to lose and recover.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by hawk 5 View Post
    Then you would have to leave UNC out who just beat them. Too late in the year to lose and recover.
    yeah no way they should be in with a loss

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    So they wanna make it hard for SEC to get 2 teams in but have no problem picking 2 Big Ten teams?

ACC and Pac 12 will go crazy if left out
    I should have said it was designed initially to prevent the sec from putting in multiple teams, their commissionner obviously wasn't going to let that happen. Not a hard and fast rule as initially intended but how important still remains to be seen. I'm just saying it's a rule made up at first just so the sec would not hog all the spots, which is kinda lame.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

So basically Clemson and Iowa are out with a loss, North Carolina can't move up because it's too low now and Ohio St gets in because they can't play next week.

Vegas39

So basically Clemson and Iowa are out with a loss, North Carolina can't move up because it's too low now and Ohio St gets in because they can't play next week.
    I'd put in the team that just won conference and beat #1 team over a team that wasn't in its own conference title game

hawk 5
    Update your status

Still think Stanford might sneak in. Otherwise your probably right.

Vegas39

Still think Stanford might sneak in. Otherwise your probably right.
    while I like them to win. Not a slam dunk they beat USC

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Would be shocker if they don't jump both buckeyes and cardinal. They will be right behind them in poll on tuesday. Obviously jump big ten loser.

hawk 5
    Update your status

More than likly Clemson will win, Alabama will win and Big Ten takes care of 3rd spot. Oklahoma is in. Game over.

Vegas39

More than likly Clemson will win, Alabama will win and Big Ten takes care of 3rd spot. Oklahoma is in. Game over.

Rather see your Iowa team win and UNC cause chaos

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Ohio State would be favored over everyone in the country, except Alabama. You can't keep a juggernaut like this out of the dance.

They'll be the team getting in if North Carolina wins.

Guys, listen to JJ. He is THE COACH.

hawk 5
    Update your status

Rather see your Iowa team win and UNC cause chaos
    I'm all over that!

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Ohio State would be favored over everyone in the country, except Alabama. You can't keep a juggernaut like this out of the dance.

They'll be the team getting in if North Carolina wins.

Guys, listen to JJ. He is THE COACH.
    Not saying won't, basing it on same committee last year saying winning your conference was a top criteria

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Not saying won't, basing it on same committee last year saying winning your conference was a top criteria
    North Carolina versus Ohio State.

Who's favored on a neutral field?

It's blowout city.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Everyone is saying it's important to win you conference championship game but if you lose we will send the team who didn't make the championship game to the Final Four.

Committee..lol

Vegas39

It's blowout city.
    maybe that team has underachieved but yes OSU be favored. Still I'd take a team from a power 5 conference that at least won there championship game

Angels better on paper. Should they get pass to World Series

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

It's blowout city.
    Wasn't Ohio St 14 points fav and lost? So North Carolina has no chance..lol

hawk 5
    Update your status

Really the only two teams in are Oklahoma and the winner of Iowa/Mich st game. Other two spots are still to be determined even though Florida has no chance.

Vegas39

Really the only two teams in are Oklahoma and the winner of Iowa/Mich st game. Other two spots are still to be determined even though Florida has no chance.
    Swatch Bama be the one to lose

hawk 5
    Update your status

Swatch Bama be the one to lose
    That would be both crazy and great

hawk 5
    Update your status

Everyone is saying it's important to win you conference championship game but if you lose we will send the team who didn't make the championship game to the Final Four.

Committee..lol
    Yah. I dont see it either.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

If Ohio State gets in, it goes against everything the committee has said the last two years about winning conference championships and having a good body of work. Ohio State has NEITHER. Their body of work would be worse than one-loss Clemson and one-loss conference champion UNC should that scenario play out. They've got ONE win against a top-25 team. ONE! Clemson's beaten two teams in the top 10. And UNC will have taken down the #1 team in the country and won their conference.

And don't give me this Eye Test Bullshit. Ohio State looked good in one game all year...the last one. The rest of the games they looked extremely vulnerable and shaky. If I go eye test, I go Stanford over all 3 of the teams mentioned above.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vegas39

hawk 5
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    If Ohio State gets in, it goes against everything the committee has said the last two years about winning conference championships and having a good body of work. Ohio State has NEITHER. Their body of work would be worse than one-loss Clemson and one-loss conference champion UNC should that scenario play out. They've got ONE win against a top-25 team. ONE! Clemson's beaten two teams in the top 10. And UNC will have taken down the #1 team in the country and won their conference.

And don't give me this Eye Test Bullshit. Ohio State looked good in one game all year...the last one. The rest of the games they looked extremely vulnerable and shaky. If I go eye test, I go Stanford over all 3 of the teams mentioned above.
    well put. I agree.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post

Exactly

Ohio State had their chance against a backup QB in their own house as a double digit favorite

They should be eliminated right then and there...and I believe that they are even though others disagree

Sending Ohio State this season over UNC and Stanford will be a disaster for the committee now and in the future

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Believe Bama got in without winning conf title game once. And Texas jumped up up to go to the Rose Bowl while sitting idle--Rogers senior season at Cal--and got screwed by Mack Brown and his crying to get votes from his good old boy network. gl all.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by blackbox View Post
    Believe Bama got in without winning conf title game once. And Texas jumped up up to go to the Rose Bowl while sitting idle--Rogers senior season at Cal--and got screwed by Mack Brown and his crying to get votes from his good old boy network. gl all.

During BCS yes, the circumstances the committee claimed they would prevent

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Bama went to NC in BCS era to play LSU. I think there are cases where you can have a team in the playoff where they don't win conference championship. But Ohio State does not meet one of those cases or exceptions. The SOS is not there and the win quality is not there. And you have other teams resumes more impressive should NC win next week.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Ohio state and stanford are both ranked ahead of unc this week and had better wins this saturday. I just don't see unc leapfrogging both. If the conference championship is the criteria, they will take stanford, if not, they will take ohio state. Unc will have to win convincingly to have a chance because the committee don't like their body of work as evidence by how low they were ranked. Stanford has played a significantly harder schedule that can nullify 2 losses.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Wish the committee could express their intentions before Sat. we shall let things play out. gl all

hawk 5
    Update your status

Wish the committee could express their intentions before Sat. we shall let things play out. gl all
    tuesday

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Why would Ohio State be in if Clemson loses? UNC and Clemson would both have better resumes.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    UNC will not get in

Poorly rated conference
    ACC is better than the Big Ten. Not by much, but still.

First 1234 Last