thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

didnt this ohio st team who people seem to think is next in line just lose to michigan sts backup qb at home 2 weeks ago?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ohio St lost bad weather and bad play calling

THey are one of top 4 with Vegas Line

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

unc will have a HUGE argument if they win saturday, but i suspect it will go to ohio st

if both bama and clemson lose somehow then it is ohio st and unc

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Ohio St lost bad weather and bad play calling

THey are one of top 4 with Vegas Line
    still an ugly loss at the end of the year

if you think back to last year which i know is hard for you, ohio st had a terrible loss at the beginning of the year and wasnt penalized in the end

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

the only real controversy is unc or ohio st and that happens if clemson loses and bama wins

these assholes said they would "reward conference champions" lets see if they honor their word

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    2011 lsu the sec champ played Bama who did not even make sec title game!!! Mark my words: within 7 years, a team that did NOT win their conf will make the 4 team playofg. Write that down amd remember it.
    Doesnt matter that was an old system....Its possible a non-conference champ can get in under this format but it's not probable. I have paid attention to these guys since the thing started and they will take 4 conference champs when possible....we will see this time around

I said from the start and still believe we need 8 teams.....5 conference champs and 3 wild cards plus 8 teams is the perfect number for a bracket. If you're number 9 you didn't win your conference and fukked up along the way. If you're number 5 you probably have a gripe in this system

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    the only real controversy is unc or ohio st and that happens if clemson loses and bama wins

these assholes said they would "reward conference champions" lets see if they honor their word
    They also said they would reward body of work and Ohio State doesn't have that either. I think OSUs chances should be dead.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    They also said they would reward body of work and Ohio State doesn't have that either. I think OSUs chances should be dead.
    They are on life support

I still don't get how you can pick them over Michigan St even if they were to lose...basically saying Michigan st is punished for playing an extra game and beating Ohio st. But no way Big 10 gets two teams anyway unless results go perfectly

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    They are on life support

I still don't get how you can pick them over Michigan St even if they were to lose...basically saying Michigan st is punished for playing an extra game and beating Ohio st. But no way Big 10 gets two teams anyway unless results go perfectly
    If MSU were undefeated I'd agree. But MSU would have two losses and one is a bad one. I think if NC goes out and wins like 38-24 next week, the committee may select NC. Do not count out the Tar Heels. Just because they're way back in the rankings doesn't mean they can't make a big leap. The conmittee jumped Oklahoma a lot last week after beating an 18th ranked team by 1 point. Imagine how much they'd move someone up for dominating #1 and winning the conference.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    If MSU were undefeated I'd agree. But MSU would have two losses and one is a bad one. I think if NC goes out and wins like 38-24 next week, the committee may select NC. Do not count out the Tar Heels. Just because they're way back in the rankings doesn't mean they can't make a big leap. The conmittee jumped Oklahoma a lot last week after beating an 18th ranked team by 1 point. Imagine how much they'd move someone up for dominating #1 and winning the conference.
    I agree unc should be strongly considered but the committee haven't shown much consideration for unc. This week, they are ranked 14 osu 8 and ohio state just went on the road and blew out a top 10-15 ish team. Osu has the pedigree, defending national champions, tradition, etc. Unc has none of that. And we all know tv and money is driving all of this bs. Color me shocked if they select unc over ohio state not because they don't deserve it but because the big names always get preferential treatment.

First 12