FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Justin Fuente to be named VT head coach

Per ESPN

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

I figured they would hire someone better than that.

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

man bud foster has to be pissed

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I figured they would hire someone better than that.
    You mean a guy who turned a program that was 3-21 before he was hired to only losing 4 games the last 2 years....

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

No wonder Memphis has been so flat the last 3 weeks. Not fair to the Memphis Kids to have their season snatched by Fuentes. Not close to being the same team they were a month ago

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

I think he'll fail. On an unrelated note...hopefully Schaino will replace that failure Kyle Flood at Rutgers.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    I think he'll fail. On an unrelated note...hopefully Schaino will replace that failure Kyle Flood at Rutgers.
    Don't let Schiano come back. That is why you leave..............not to come back. He is a bullshitter on ESPN. No knowledge of anything coaching. And has the audacity to try to comment on coach player relationships.

TheSchafe

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Don't let Schiano come back. That is why you leave..............not to come back. He is a bullshitter on ESPN. No knowledge of anything coaching. And has the audacity to try to comment on coach player relationships.
    I guess I'm in the minority when I say that he got the raw deal in Tampa. Vince Lombardi couldn't win in that situation.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

you need players to win

recruiting number 1

coaching last

TheSchafe

Coach O would make me happy too...seaborne. Some university out there needs to do the right thing. He would be able to recruit Big Ten players for thr Scarlet Knights, at least.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7846

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    Coach O would make me happy too...seaborne. Some university out there needs to do the right thing. He would be able to recruit Big Ten players for thr Scarlet Knights, at least.
    coach o suffers from howard dean syndrome. no one will ever hire him again even though he would be good for the job.

TheSchafe

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    coach o suffers from howard dean syndrome. no one will ever hire him again even though he would be good for the job.
    It's sad that the ADs forgive reckless motorcycle hooker rides but can't overlook "Wild Boys"

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7846

coach o also didn't help himself with his record at ole miss either. it's easier to look the other way on things when you can point to something on the resume other than a few games as interim coach.

TheSchafe

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    coach o also didn't help himself with his record at ole miss either. it's easier to look the other way on things when you can point to something on the resume other than a few games as interim coach.
    You're right there...it definitely doesn't help. But the fact that guys like Kyle Flood, Paul Petrino, and Norm Chow (up until 3 weeks ago anyway) have FBS coaching jobs and he doesn't is a travesty. What he did at USC for those few games was no small feat. It takes a real special coach to motivate and rally a group of young men like that after that Lane Kiffin episode. And then Pat Haden goes with Sark...LOL. Guarantee Haden has called Orgeron like 5 times since Sark was fired like a drunk ex girlfriend would. Great to see Coach O hasn't answered.