Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

I'm not a Iowa fan but I'll be all over them again vs Michigan State!! I think they could give Clemson a good game too if thats the matchup but Clemson might lose to North Carolina?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They are built to hang with a Big 10 team. I think they'll make a game of it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Iowa underrated

Nothing else to say

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Lol no field goal with 3 minutes left but kick one with 1 minute left.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I don't like any of the B10 teams this year. 3 of them in the top 10 is absolute horse shit. They are getting the benefit of last years OSU.

Iowa may squeak by MSU but I think they get exposed in the playoffs. I think Clemson would flat out roll over this team. Too many weapons and too much speed. Clemson's defense is no joke either. Same goes for Bama IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    I'm not a Iowa fan but I'll be all over them again vs Michigan State!! I think they could give Clemson a good game too if thats the matchup but Clemson might lose to North Carolina?

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Iowa is terrible but i wouldn't mind seeing them beat MSU just to muck up the playoff system

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had the Hawkeyes by 11
    Tough loss

Fred The Hammer

The Hawkeyes have a good secondary and they're more balanced than Michigan State. Take them next week in Indy!!!

Mac4Lyfe

Do you believe that shit? Unreal.

Iowa didn't win this game, NBs QB lost this shit. 4 WTF turnovers will get most teams beat. NB still had a shot even after the QB was point shaving.

I hate seeing teams getting props for not playing a legitimate schedule. Who the fukk has Iowa beaten? Who's in the top 25? Their best win is Northwestern. Come on. That's BS.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Lol no field goal with 3 minutes left but kick one with 1 minute left.

Fred The Hammer

Pending 2 Team Parlay
    Pending 11/27/15 3:30pm College Football 117 Iowa -3 +120* vs Nebraska
    Win 11/27/15 12:00pm College Football 133 Navy/Houston U Over 59½ -130*

Mac4Lyfe

MSU too banged up IMO. I still think they keep it close. B10, like most conferences is very down this year. I think all 5 P5 conferences were down. SEC horrible, Pac12 pathetic, ACC average, B12 video games and the B10 overhyped. The best team is probably Bama and they are overrated as shit too. Very conservative offense with a below average QB.

This has been the most parity I've seen in CFB in quite some time.

The Hawkeyes have a good secondary and they're more balanced than Michigan State. Take them next week in Indy!!!

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

Iowa didn't win this game, NBs QB lost this shit. 4 WTF turnovers will get most teams beat. NB still had a shot even after the QB was point shaving.

I hate seeing teams getting props for not playing a legitimate schedule. Who the fukk has Iowa beaten? Who's in the top 25? Their best win is Northwestern. Come on. That's BS.

Blame that on the Big Ten screwing up how they laid out the 2 divisions. Ohio State, Mich, Mich State, and Penn State all on the same side? Only thing on the other side is Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska. Totally fk'd my Indiana Hoosiers

jtoler

Armstrong average qb at best, had a bad game, Im sure its stressful though having to always play from behind. Armstrong should run more, he'd be able to complete more passes that way by keeping the defense off guard, but Nebraska and Riley is a bad mix, I posted this when he was hired, Ive seen him and his staff make boneheaded call after boneheaded call all year long, he blew so many games this year, especially the Illinois game. Why hire a 60 year old who really doesnt give two craps about Nebraska, not like he was killing it at Oregon St.

Fred The Hammer

MSU too banged up IMO. I still think they keep it close. B10, like most conferences is very down this year. I think all 5 P5 conferences were down. SEC horrible, Pac12 pathetic, ACC average, B12 video games and the B10 overhyped. The best team is probably Bama and they are overrated as shit too. Very conservative offense with a below average QB.

This has been the most parity I've seen in CFB in quite some time.

I totally agree with you there....thats why coaches like Ferentz that get their kids to play mostly mistake-free ball make more and more of a difference. I saw about 6 balls downfield where the Iowa def backs read the receivers eyes and turned to play the ball. My Hoosiers NEVER DO THAT....week after week after week. Its all coaching

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Armstrong average qb at best, had a bad game, Im sure its stressful though having to always play from behind. Armstrong should run more, he'd be able to complete more passes that way by keeping the defense off guard, but Nebraska and Riley is a bad mix, I posted this when he was hired, Ive seen him and his staff make boneheaded call after boneheaded call all year long, he blew so many games this year, especially the Illinois game. Why hire a 60 year old who really doesnt give two craps about Nebraska, not like he was killing it at Oregon St.

Yes....bad hire!! 4th/1 and they were sticking to the 3 yard runs while behind all night and now they suddenly have an inaccurate QB throw the ball 25 yards in the air on 4th/1.....WTF? You're trying to be physical all night so stick with it on 4th/1 or atleast a QB run or option.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    Iowa is terrible but i wouldn't mind seeing them beat MSU just to muck up the playoff system
    If they do, they may be #1 seed in playoffs.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Iowa needs to somehow match up against Notre Dame, Florida, Stanford or another big 10 team. If that happens they have a chance. They can't run a Two game alabama/Clemson/OU gauntlet

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Iowa needs to somehow match up against Notre Dame, Florida, Stanford or another big 10 team. If that happens they have a chance. They can't run a Two game alabama/Clemson/OU gauntlet
    #1iowa vs #4Nd possible

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Nebraska +12 FDs +180 yds.....must have kicked Iowa's arse. Oh, wait a minute... 4 int's including a pick 6 and 100 yards in penalties. WTF! And that's not to mention some really fuked coaching decisions. Hope to hell Mich St beats them.

existential

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    If they do, they may be #1 seed in playoffs.
    now you're just being stupid. play like they did today and they'll lose by 14+ next week

jtoler

Its funny when you think about Ferentz and his job last year, I was on board with this guy being canned, now he's undefeated not much of a schedule but they beat everyone they played. Im sure the committee is just waiting on the Big Ten championship game to watch them lose so they can bump Iowa out.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I haven't been the biggest Iowa backer, but if they win the Big 10 they deserve to be in. They get up and Ferentz does a great job of managing the game. If they get to where they have to pass, they are done. They also need to run between the tackles, which I'm not sure they'd be able to do vs Alabama or even Clemson. I give them a punchers chance for the playoffs, but the match ups have to go perfectly

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I haven't been the biggest Iowa backer, but if they win the Big 10 they deserve to be in. They get up and Ferentz does a great job of managing the game. If they get to where they have to pass, they are done. They also need to run between the tackles, which I'm not sure they'd be able to do vs Alabama or even Clemson. I give them a punchers chance for the playoffs, but the match ups have to go perfectly
    If they beat MSU they pass Ala and OKLA in rankings.....about 50-50 passing CLEMSON as #1 seed

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

If they beat MSU they pass Ala and OKLA in rankings.....about 50-50 passing CLEMSON as #1 seed

No chance in hell they jump an undefeated Clemson. Very little chance they jump Alabama. May jump the big 12 champ. They need Clemson or Alabama to lose and have a 2 vs 3 game with Notre Dame

Mac4Lyfe

A lot of people do not believe in Iowa. Unless they blow out MSU, I don't see the committee moving them up higher than 4.

What's puzzling to me is how their strength of schedule is considered top 10? WTH? They haven't played anyone ranked near the top 10? Where is that coming from?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

A lot of people do not believe in Iowa. Unless they blow out MSU, I don't see the committee moving them up higher than 4.

What's puzzling to me is how their strength of schedule is considered top 10? WTH? They haven't played anyone ranked near the top 10? Where is that coming from?
    Northwestern beating Stanford and Michigan State beating Oregon created a weird vortex in the Big Ten.

Remember about 3-4 years ago the Missouri Valley pulled some upsets and had like 4 teams in the top 25 of toughest schedules in basketball? Probably the same thing here

jtoler

Their schedule strength is ranked 62.

Fishhead

Alabama lost at home to an UNranked team.....and who's their best win to date????

Iowa will pass Alabama if they beat a MSU team, hell, they may pass them this coming Tuesday

Fishhead

IOWA has not trailed in ther last 27 quarters of football...........wow!!!

existential

Alabama lost at home to an UNranked team.....and who's their best win to date????

Iowa will pass Alabama if they beat a MSU team, hell, they may pass them this coming Tuesday
    no they won't. stop saying stupid shit already and be happy that Iowa won today despite being absolutely dominated statistically.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ferentz top 10 coaches that ever lived in college football

The case is not even that hard to make

He takes hamburgers from Midwest into very good teams..fuk the guy goes to the farms and recruits oxes

Fishhead

Iowa undefeated and their best win is a better win than Alabamas best win.......and as noted, ALA has a LOSS

Fuk them

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Iowa undefeated and their best win is a better win than Alabamas best win.......and as noted, ALA has a LOSS

Fuk them
    You can't be serious. Northwestern?

Even if they pass Alabama, they aren't passing Alabama AND Clemson. Rightfully so. That said, if they win the Big 10, they're in the playoffs as a 3 or 4 and rightfully so. They'll get to earn their way in December. I think as a fan of any team, that's the best you can ask for

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Fuk them
    Iowa should and i think will move to #2 in rankings. They deserve to be ranked ahead of all 1 beaten teams.GO HAWKS!!!

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Fuk them
    loven life right now fishy. Hope your still killing it.

First 12345 Last