navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Lesson learning time for those who thought 1 loss ND would get in over 1 loss OU if both had stayed that way.

The committee has a set of criteria and one of them is that no team that did not won a conf title (ND has no conference in football) unless that team is unequivocally better than the 4 teams in the playoff who won their conf.

I am now 100% convinced that after OU pounded #11 Okie st in stillwater, anything shirt of a DD win by ND at stanford wouldn't have been good enough to have them jump OU.
    I don't know. The committee also has also said that when there's a big disagreement between two teams at the end of the year, common opponents is a big thing they look at and Jeff Long said two weeks ago that there was a lot of disagreement between ND and OU and the difference between them in voting was razor close. When asked if common opponents would play a factor, he said that's something they would look at in the final vote at the end of the season if there is still widespread disagreement.

I personally have watched both teams every game this year and I think ND is the better team when healthy. I think even the team against Stanford as crippled as it was would probably take down Oklahoma on a neutral field, but that's neither here nor there. I'm just not impressed with the Big 12. It's a bad conference. Okla State is horrible. They should have ended with about 5 or 6 losses but pulled a bunch of magic tricks out of their hat against some bad teams. TCU is good when healthy, but they're not all that good when banged up. But funny how two-point conversions determined all this. If TCU makes their two point conversion and ND makes their two point conversions against Stanford and Clemson, we have a totally different scenario right now.

Anyways, the discussion is mute now. You believe Oklahoma is better, I believe Notre Dame is. We'll never find out the answer because ND grabbed a guy's facemask that screwed all that up.
    Last edited by navyblue81; 11-30-15 at 04:09 PM.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Not shedding any tears over ND
    They don't need the revinue from a big bowl game, ND just signed that ridiculous contract with NBC.
    Plus, they've been pretty much overrated all season.
    There are five better two loss teams then the Irish, hell Mississippi is a better team and they have 3 losses.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Not shedding any tears over ND
    They don't need the revinue from a big bowl game, ND just signed that ridiculous contract with NBC.
    Plus, they've been pretty much overrated all season.
    There are five better two loss teams then the Irish, hell Mississippi is a better team and they have 3 losses.
    Wtf are you smoking? Go back to the crack house lol

First ... 3456